v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Suggestions for a newb

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
PinkPokemon69
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Suggestions for a newb

Post by PinkPokemon69 »

draze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:41 am
PinkPokemon69 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:23 am How to get the RoFLs in the first place?
rijackson741 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:06 am
The RoFLS is the only legendary item not found by very rare drop. You have to do something specific to get it. Once you have completed certain quests I'm not sure if it is possible to get it though. This is why it's not included in the list at the start of this thread.
4th floor of the tower of Guynmart Castle

Oh ty, i watched a YouTube video and got it already xD
L = 74
HP = 279
AP = 4/12
AC = 262%
AD = 68-91
CHS = 31
CM = 2.0
ECC = 19%
BC = 112
DR = 7

WA L1, HH L1, CS L2, QL L2, CE L3, IF L5, O-HSP L1, SP L2, LAP L1
Fighting style: WaS L2
Specialization: WaS L1

Shadow Regen

ShaF: 1, RoLS: 2, RoFLS: 1, VD: 4
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

PinkPokemon69 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:39 am
draze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:41 am
PinkPokemon69 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:23 am How to get the RoFLs in the first place?
rijackson741 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:06 am
The RoFLS is the only legendary item not found by very rare drop. You have to do something specific to get it. Once you have completed certain quests I'm not sure if it is possible to get it though. This is why it's not included in the list at the start of this thread.
4th floor of the tower of Guynmart Castle

Oh ty, i watched a YouTube video and got it already xD
That's good to know. It is one of Palkia's youtube video right? I'm also subscribed in that channel. I wonder when will Palkia update the channel about the latest version of this game especially in obtaining new Legendary and Extraordinary items as well as doing a corollary - consist of several decision-making - quest. :D
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

The only option I found useful to make money fast in the beginning is to kill those highwayman whose loot drip sells better than meat. If you can manage to increase DR and AC to survive the fight. Flagstone prison is also great to get valuable loot. All depends on how you manage items to resist hits or loss of HP.
draze

Post by draze »

Osho wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:23 pm The only option I found useful to make money fast in the beginning is to kill those highwayman whose loot drip sells better than meat. If you can manage to increase DR and AC to survive the fight. Flagstone prison is also great to get valuable loot. All depends on how you manage items to resist hits or loss of HP.
I don't know that. :o I'd been following the, old but gold, guide:
viewtopic.php?t=4583
Thank you :)
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Meat grinding really feels boring now. Even for making gold. Better to complete easy missions quickly to improve your stats, and then pick the suitable items with the gold earned from the missions. Now the developers have also added starting items, which is quite good.
I prefer taking a risky route than yawn inducing puppy slaying.

Then there's a hex editing technique which can quickly give gold in seconds - it's very easy, and I go for it when not in the mood to grind, though new players should certainly avoid it until they have spent enough time with the game in experimenting with different approaches

Oh, I forgot to mention another option. If you can get assassin blade early then it sells for a good price enough to buy 1 or 2 powerful items early in the game. The related items can be bought from thief with gold earned through missions plus a slight bit of grinding.
Last edited by Osho on Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
draze

Post by draze »

Osho wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:50 pm Meat grinding really feels boring now. Even for making gold. Better to complete easy missions quickly to improve your stats, and then pick the suitable items with the gold earned from the missions. Now the developers have also added starting items, which is quite good.
I prefer taking a risky route than yawn inducing puppy slaying.

Then there's a hex editing technique which can quickly give gold in seconds - it's very easy, and I go for it when not in the mood to grind, though new players should certainly avoid it until they have spent enough time with the game in experimenting with different approaches
Agree. Not only gold but also
items especially the unique ones (Rare, Extraordinary, Legendary) :D
PinkPokemon69
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by PinkPokemon69 »

That's good to know. It is one of Palkia's youtube video right? I'm also subscribed in that channel. I wonder when will Palkia update the channel about the latest version of this game especially in obtaining new Legendary and Extraordinary items as well as doing a corollary - consist of several decision-making - quest. :D
Yes, now that I think about it Palkia is the only one who has uploaded a comprehensive andore trail gameplay videos, walkthroughs and or stuff on YouTube. I don't remember any other youtuber who does. ( I don't really watch videos tho i try to do it myself as I don't like spoilers but when it gets really confusing i check out the forum and YouTube as a last resort)
L = 74
HP = 279
AP = 4/12
AC = 262%
AD = 68-91
CHS = 31
CM = 2.0
ECC = 19%
BC = 112
DR = 7

WA L1, HH L1, CS L2, QL L2, CE L3, IF L5, O-HSP L1, SP L2, LAP L1
Fighting style: WaS L2
Specialization: WaS L1

Shadow Regen

ShaF: 1, RoLS: 2, RoFLS: 1, VD: 4
draze

Post by draze »

PinkPokemon69 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:16 pm
Yes, now that I think about it Palkia is the only one who has uploaded a comprehensive andore trail gameplay videos, walkthroughs and or stuff on YouTube. I don't remember any other youtuber who does. ( I don't really watch videos tho i try to do it myself as I don't like spoilers but when it gets really confusing i check out the forum and YouTube as a last resort)
There was once a member here that uploaded the same thing on YouTube - all about walkthroughs on how to complete all of the quests. It helps me a lot.
Link: viewtopic.php?t=6689
Maybe the owner received a "Youtube-delete-channel" penalty for making it without the permission from us. Or the owner got hopeless because of lack of subscribers. Sad :(
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

We never complained to YouTube, so YouTube would not have forced their removal. I don't think we could have had them removed anyway. They didn't violate the game licenses.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
draze

Post by draze »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:27 am We never complained to YouTube, so YouTube would not have forced their removal. I don't think we could have had them removed anyway. They didn't violate the game licenses.
If that's so, then I'm sure of the owner got burn out or felt hopeless due to very low subscribers. Even though I'm one of those-countable in hands- subscribers.
Either way, it's sad. :( I hope Palkia is okay as well as we survive to live during these hard times especially pandemic.