v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

What Kind of Equipment would a wizard use?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Kage
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: What Kind of Equipment would a wizard use?

Post by Kage »

draze wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:50 pm
Kage wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:40 am :!:
Just allow Exclusive Highly Restricted Multiple effect melee weapons /items/gear <I.g Mystical Weapon/Items/Gear> for one single linear path that has greater burden < i.g. Way of Mage/ Arcane Path??@_@, kinda similar to monk that has inbuilt certain pro and cons >

Exclusive Gears that can be obtained through accepting a quest with great risk. Only Available from Mages, Priest, and Witch NPC from the game
A linear path for the character that can't gain benefits from weapons and armour proficiency nor specialty.
I, somehow, understand you Kage. Kindly correct me if I misunderstood you. What you want is like one of the Exclusive Gears namely Marrowtaint from where it has a great risk for us (players) and has no gain benefits from your character skills specifically those weapons and armor proficiency BUT it has a multiple effect :?: . Although you suggest that it must be a melee weapon this time.
Kage wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:40 am Lower gain from trades and kills if not using mystical gears .
Also, it has a unique special effects :?: . I don't know if the game engine have or can do this.
Ok Draze, here's the thing...
If the devs allows or add Mage Path+Equipment ( Which is I hope so ) but non ranged ( since Melee fighting mechanic of the Game were absolute )

Then I suggest why not an item( gear) that gives multiple effects ( grants buff to MC and debuff to Enemies vice-versa ) ( Active effects or With Cool down? But that's depend to the devs)---> Therefore it follows the already established game mechanic

If so, then I'll present the concept of Mystical Items
1. Much Similar to Normal Item but only available to those who selected the (Way of Mage/ Arcane Path )
2. Price could be higher than regular gears
3.Some can be obtained through certain character< maybe Priest, Wizard or Witch > or Location< maybe Nor city, Feygard, or Sullengard >
4. Mystical Weapon/Gear stats increases if ( Way of Mage/Arcane Path were selected)..... Gives debuff to those who didn't selected ( WTM/ AcP)

These items are only accessible if a certain conditional quest/path( ---> Way of The Mage/Arcane Path) was accepted along with certain/conditional character. Through accepting that conditional quest/path, An immediate changes will be implemented to the characters statistics ( like sort of penalty on overall stat or maybe on base stats or not having any benefits from proficiency>>>>more harder than Way of The Monk Path ). Therefore it will limit players to switch off classes since this path is linear.

Ps:
You may ignore >lower gain trade if not using mystical item< since I can't think any ways to reduce the chance of Mage Path to be overpowering....so I'll give the devs the option on how to balance it. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kage on Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kage

Post by Kage »

Just allow Exclusive Highly Restricted Multiple effect melee weapons /items/gear <I.g Mystical Weapon/Items/Gear> for one single linear path that has greater burden < i.g. Way of Mage/ Arcane Path??@_@, kinda similar to monk that has inbuilt certain pro and cons >

Exclusive Gears that can be obtained through accepting a quest with great risk. Only Available from Mages, Priest, and Witch NPC from the game
A linear path for the character that can't gain benefits from weapons and armour proficiency nor specialty.
I, somehow, understand you Kage. Kindly correct me if I misunderstood you. What you want is like one of the Exclusive Gears namely Marrowtaint from where it has a great risk for us (players) and has no gain benefits from your character skills specifically those weapons and armor proficiency BUT it has a multiple effect :?: . Although you suggest that it must be a melee weapon this time.
Yep but I also presented some limits in order to avoid switching/ swapping gear so easily....and in order to not let Mage Path be overpowering.
My thoughts about Mage is that they must follow a linear path in order to achieve some specified tasks that can't be achieved from other classes.
Last edited by Kage on Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
draze

Post by draze »

Kage wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Kage wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:40 am Lower gain from trades and kills if not using mystical gears .
Also, it has a unique special effects :?: . I don't know if the game engine have or can do this.
Ok Draze, here's the thing...
If the devs allows or add Mage Path+Equipment ( Which is I hope so ) but non ranged ( since Melee fighting mechanic of the Game were absolute )

Then I suggest why not an item( gear) that gives multiple effects ( grants buff to MC and debuff to Enemies vice-versa ) ( Active effects or With Cool down? But that's depend to the devs)---> Therefore it follows the already established game mechanic

If so, then I'll present the concept of Mystical Items
1. Much Similar to Normal Item but only available to those who selected the (Way of Mage/ Arcane Path )
2. Price could be higher than regular gears
3.Some can be obtained through certain character< maybe Priest, Wizard or Witch > or Location< maybe Nor city, Feygard, or Sullengard >
4. Mystical Weapon/Gear stats increases if ( Way of Mage/Arcane Path were selected)..... Gives debuff to those who didn't selected ( WTM/ AcP)

These items are only accessible if a certain conditional quest/path( ---> Way of The Mage/Arcane Path) was accepted along with certain/conditional character. Through accepting that conditional quest/path, An immediate changes will be implemented to the characters statistics ( like sort of penalty on overall stat or maybe on base stats or not having any benefits from proficiency>>>>more harder than Way of The Monk Path ). Therefore it will limit players to switch off classes since this path is linear.

Ps:
You may ignore >lower gain trade if not using mystical item< since I can't think any ways to reduce the chance of Mage Path to be overpowering....so I'll give the devs the option on how to balance it. :mrgreen:
Interesting. :) I like it. I understand now. A great decision in only one path with numerous consequences.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
draze

Post by draze »

Kage wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:13 pm
Yep but I also presented bring up some limits in order to avoid switching/ swapping gear so easily....and in order to not let Mage Path be overpowering.
My thoughts about Mage is that they must follow a linear path in order to achieve some specified tasks that can't be achieved from other classes.
Agree. If we have a Monk Path which follows a linear path by limiting our character's equipment, then Mage Path can do but with a twist from your suggestion.
ruleofthirds13
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by ruleofthirds13 »

if wizard path op dmg is a must but the def is lowered. some skill or item has effect to the mobs like poison etc. the cons is lowered the def vulnerable of crit hit and high dmg mobs. maybe we have a skill that makes like a mana shield just additional HP to the charact.

i tried build type necro eating corpse and regen but too slow to grow.
Kage

Post by Kage »

Ok to make Mage balanced and unique at the same time here's what I thought when it comes to the skills and gears:

Mystical Gears:
General Description
1. Dmg Modifier must be 50% fix
2. One or Two negative actor can be inflicted to Enemies
3. Higher Price
4. Some can be obtained through quest
5. Can't be equipped without having Arcane Path Skill.

Arcane Path: ?/3
1. Skill Description:
> Increase Mystical Items Dmg modifier by 30% and lower Attack+Block chance by 10% per level
Condition:
> Can't gain benefits from weapon/armour proficiency

2. Advanced Arcane Path( You can only select one path after lvl3 Arcane Path )

I. Kazaul Path: ?/2
Skill Description:
> Sacrifice 15% total hp and 2 damage reduction for additional +3 life steal and + .75 Crit Multiplier per skill level

Condition:
> Base Dmg must be 30 points/above
> Base Hp must be 100 points/above
> Corpse Eater = 5

II. Elythara Path: ?/2
Skill Description:
> Increase Regen Bonus and Damage reduction for 2 but lower attack chance and block chance by 10% per skill level

Condition
> Base Hp must be 50 points/above
> Base Dmg reduction must be 3-5
> Must have Regeneration = 2

III. Path of the Shadow: ?/2
Skill Description:
> Increase Pure Blood, Strong Mind, and Enduring Body overall percentage by 10% per skill level

Condition:
> Must have Pure Blood = 3
> Must have Enduring Body = 3
> Must have Strong Mind = 3

I made three types of mages which are related to the game lore deity sort of...( i.g. Kazaul, Elythara, and Shadow ) which requires specified skills tied to the current available skills in AT

Any thoughts/suggestion regarding this:?:
draze

Post by draze »

Your Mage Path is, indeed, a unique one. :shock: IMO, the Mage Path Character is harder and more challenging to achieve than the Monk Path Character.
Kage wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:50 am Arcane Path: ?/3
1. Skill Description:
> Increase Mystical Items Dmg modifier by 30% and lower Attack+Block chance by 10% per level
Condition:
The Monk Path Character will only be available once you are at level 15 with a restriction from the equipment while the Mage Path Character will be available already at level 1 :?: BUT with a repercussion of decreasing your bc up to 3 levels. :? Remember that we have no bc from the beginning. As a result, it will be harder to defend yourself from a small cave rat or any monster you'll encounter.
Kage wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:50 am 2. Advanced Arcane Path( You can only select one path after lvl3 Arcane Path )

I. Kazaul Path: ?/2
Skill Description:
> Sacrifice 15% total hp and 2 damage reduction for additional +3 life steal and + .75 Crit Multiplier per skill level

Condition:
> Base Dmg must be 30 points/above
> Base Hp must be 100 points/above
> Corpse Eater = 5

II. Elythara Path: ?/2
Skill Description:
> Increase Regen Bonus and Damage reduction for 2 but lower attack chance and block chance by 10% per skill level

Condition
> Base Hp must be 50 points/above
> Base Dmg reduction must be 3-5
> Must have Regeneration = 2
Lots of skill tree requirement and some of them are undoable or arduous. :?
For instance, most of us (players) rely on the IF skill with level 1 or 2 for our base HP.
Ergo, we must be at level 30 to have a base HP of 50 with IF level 1 or at level 25 to have a base HP of 50 with IF level 2.
On the other hand, we must be at level 80 to have a base HP of 100 with IF level 1 or at level 50 to have a base HP of 100 with IF level 2.
Moreover, our base dmg is only 1 from the start. Therefore, we must be at level 30 to have a base dmg of 30.
Kage wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:50 am III. Path of the Shadow: ?/2
Skill Description:
> Increase Pure Blood, Strong Mind, and Enduring Body overall percentage by 10% per skill level

Condition:
> Must have Pure Blood = 3
> Must have Enduring Body = 3
> Must have Strong Mind = 3
Only few (countable in hands) players are using these skills stated above because of numerous factors:
1) Only few monsters have the negative conditions (Dazed, Weapon Feebleness, Fatigue, Poison, Bleeding Wounds).
2) The negative effect will only affect you for one or two rounds. So why bother inserting a skill point or two?
3) Potions.
4) Higher block chance = Lower chance to get hurt and receive any negative conditions
5)
Thystonius wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:55 pm I agree that nobody seems to be taking these skills. Getting high block chance is effective against these disorders including getting hit less often... don't know if modifying these skills is the solution. I think that changing the weapons to have a modifier over base AD is better than modifying weapons, same thing should be thought out for effects like poison - maybe have another stat instead of having just one defensive statistic for many DPS-like effects.

I am still considering taking these skills though, I usually love maximum defense.
6)
Antison wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:11 pm Don't waste your skill points on these. simply increasing your block chance reducces your chances of getting these actor conditions
7)
and many more!

In other words, let us wait further for the replies from the experts (developer team) to decide.

Edit: Thank you for reading. :)
Kage

Post by Kage »

draze wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:50 pm Your Mage Path is, indeed, a unique one. :shock: IMO, the Mage Path Character is harder and more challenging to achieve than the Monk Path Character.
Kage wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:50 am Arcane Path: ?/3
1. Skill Description:
Condition:
The Monk Path Character will only be available once you are at level 15 with a restriction from the equipment while the Mage Path Character will be available already at level 1 :?: BUT with a repercussion of decreasing your bc up to 3 levels. :? Remember that we have no bc from the beginning. As a result, it will be harder to defend yourself from a small cave rat or any monster you'll encounter.
Not really, because Arcane Path will only be available by helping a certain npc
[ Example: Ulifendor = Dark Blessing of The Shadows ]
Unless the devs want to put some level restriction.

But for the Block and Attack Chance reduction, it was meant to reduce overall Block/ Attack Chance point by 10% [ BC =100 >>> 90 ]
I dunno if the devs put AC/ BC as a percentage or as a point.

Regarding Advance Arcane Path, I'll let the devs to balance it's skills requirements because maybe you're right about the difficulty of achieving the requirements ( just as intended )

But Advance Arcane Path should resonate the characteristics of the 3 main deity of AT lore.
Like :
1. Elythara----> Light and Order----> Dmg Resistance + Hp Regen
2. Kazaul----> Darkness and Chaos-----> Life steal + Dmg
3. Shadow----> Concealment and Neutrality----->???< I dunno about this>

These gods should also reflects the bonds of those ancient mages long ago that witnessed the glory and destruction of Dhayavar. < To make it more on lore not grind fest >
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

It's an interesting idea, but the biggest problem is simply time. We do not have much of it for AT. What you propose would be a lot of work to implement, and even more work to balance. Given our very limited resources, we are more inclined to add content rather than significant changes to the game engine. That is not to say that we would add no more skills, but adding a large number of new skills at one time would be a really huge amount of work.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Kage

Post by Kage »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:25 am It's an interesting idea, but the biggest problem is simply time. We do not have much of it for AT. What you propose would be a lot of work to implement, and even more work to balance. Given our very limited resources, we are more inclined to add content rather than significant changes to the game engine. That is not to say that we would add no more skills, but adding a large number of new skills at one time would be a really huge amount of work.
So it is doable if AT dev team have enough time and the proposed concept will be readjusted in line with the current Game Engine?
If so, then having Mage Path in AT is relatively possible :)