v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

What Kind of Equipment would a wizard use?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: What Kind of Equipment would a wizard use?

Post by Lady Drager »

Wow Jax is finally communicating with me since my return! What's up dude? Anyhoo, I figured that would be your response. Just spitballing to inspire the masses. Creativity is not an unlimited resource after all. It needs muses once in a while. But what about proximity enchantments cast on self? They would be effects like the ones triggered by item use and can be triggered in similar manner. Open the spellbook select enchantment a one-time momentary animated graphic effect on the PC and the effect lasts for a set duration. It only affects enemies in combat. Meanwhile the PC will fight as normal.
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

We could make a spell book that puts actor conditions upon yourself. That is possible (in fact, easy), but it goes against the "no magic" decision of long ago. Having said that, nobody that made that decision is currently on the dev team.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Although I didn't participate in that no-magic decision, I nevertheless support it. :)
There may exist potions, magic rings and enchanted weapons that our hero can use, even a teleport here and there. Many magic spells could in fact be also realized with potions or powders.
But I am against direct magic powers for him. It would change the character of the game too much for my liking.
Nut
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Let's get back to the subject of the thread. Thanks
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
draze

Post by draze »

Nut wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:44 pm Although I didn't participate in that no-magic decision, I nevertheless support it. :)
There may exist potions, magic rings and enchanted weapons that our hero can use, even a teleport here and there. Many magic spells could in fact be also realized with potions or powders.
But I am against direct magic powers for him. It would change the character of the game too much for my liking.
I agree with you, Nut. Also, I understand you because I know of what teleport you are talking about ;)
It is in one of the Lodar's cave as a shortcut, to and fro Lodar's house, operable by using Lodar's activation vial from Lodar himself after saving him by killing Hira'zinn.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
draze

Post by draze »

Antison wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:02 pm Let's get back to the subject of the thread. Thanks
Thank you for my notice as well, Antison. ;)
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Actually Nut I do agree with you and the decision but that's not the topic of this thread so....
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Kage

Post by Kage »

:!:
Just allow Exclusive Highly Restricted Multiple effect melee weapons /items/gear <I.g Mystical Weapon/Items/Gear> for one single linear path that has greater burden < i.g. Way of Mage/ Arcane Path??@_@, kinda similar to monk that has inbuilt certain pro and cons >

Exclusive Gears that can be obtained through accepting a quest with great risk. Only Available from Mages, Priest, and Witch NPC from the game
A linear path for the character that can't gain benefits from weapons and armour proficiency nor specialty. Lower gain from trades and kills if not using mystical gears .

How's that sound :?:
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Kage wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:40 am :!:
Just allow Exclusive Highly Restricted Multiple effect melee weapons /items/gear <I.g Mystical Weapon/Items/Gear> for one single linear path that has greater burden < i.g. Way of Mage/ Arcane Path??@_@, kinda similar to monk that has inbuilt certain pro and cons >

Exclusive Gears that can be obtained through accepting a quest with great risk. Only Available from Mages, Priest, and Witch NPC from the game
A linear path for the character that can't gain benefits from weapons and armour proficiency nor specialty. Lower gain from trades and kills if not using mystical gears .

How's that sound :?:
What are you talking about :?: I have no idea what you are trying to convey.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
draze

Post by draze »

Kage wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:40 am :!:

A linear path for the character that can't gain benefits from weapons and armour proficiency nor specialty.
I, somehow, understand you Kage. Kindly correct me if I misunderstood you. What you want is like one of the Exclusive Gears namely Marrowtaint from where it has a great risk for us (players) and has no gain benefits from your character skills specifically those weapons and armor proficiency BUT it has a multiple effect :?: . Although you suggest that it must be a melee weapon this time.
Kage wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:40 am Lower gain from trades and kills if not using mystical gears .
Also, it has a unique special effects :?: . I don't know if the game engine have or can do this.