v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

What Kind of Equipment would a wizard use?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: What Kind of Equipment would a wizard use?

Post by draze »

Kage wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:57 am
rijackson741 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:25 am It's an interesting idea, but the biggest problem is simply time. We do not have much of it for AT. What you propose would be a lot of work to implement, and even more work to balance. Given our very limited resources, we are more inclined to add content rather than significant changes to the game engine. That is not to say that we would add no more skills, but adding a large number of new skills at one time would be a really huge amount of work.
So it is doable if AT dev team have enough time and the proposed concept will be readjusted in line with the current Game Engine?
If so, then having Mage Path in AT is relatively possible :)
Agree. It is a matter of time. I also love to help them in adding quests but I don't know much about the coding. Although I studied C++ (beginner level) before and I, somehow, understand their codes. Nevertheless, I can't because my laptop Lenovo is old enough. :cry:
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
Kage

Post by Kage »

Can I add some sprite< still not final > for Mage Items?
< If it's ok for the devs team tho, >
Maybe on December I'll finalize it.
draze

Post by draze »

Kage wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:24 am Can I add some sprite< still not final > for Mage Items?
< If it's ok for the devs team tho, >
Maybe on December I'll finalize it.
No worries because AT is an open-sourced game. ;) But just to make sure to quote the author or something like that. Surprise us, buddy, like what they (developer team) have done, are doing, and will do tirelessly unto us (players) via update.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:25 am It's an interesting idea, but the biggest problem is simply time. We do not have much of it for AT. What you propose would be a lot of work to implement, and even more work to balance. Given our very limited resources, we are more inclined to add content rather than significant changes to the game engine. That is not to say that we would add no more skills, but adding a large number of new skills at one time would be a really huge amount of work.
So it is doable if AT dev team have enough time and the proposed concept will be readjusted in line with the current Game Engine?
Honestly, I have no clue what your idea is. I can not grasp what it is that you are asking for/proposing.

Remember, AT has no classes. The Way of the Monk is just a fun name for a skill that buffs you when fighting unarmed and unarmored.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
draze

Post by draze »

She/He is proposing another skills but unique and difficult from any existing skills. Also, he/she will propose another gear but a special one.
Kage

Post by Kage »

Antison wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:59 am
Honestly, I have no clue what your idea is. I can not grasp what it is that you are asking for/proposing.

Remember, AT has no classes.
Ok I'll make it simple.....
A type of gameplay that doesn't benefits from weapon and armour proficiency but have it's own benefits< Basically it's Way of the Monk 2.0 ( hard to attain in the early game but op later on )
draze

Post by draze »

Ah yes. The beauty of the fruit of patience. IMO, it is still hard to attain in the late game but a worthy skill for those who loves hp regen like me.
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

Great brainstorming guys! But as Jax pointed out we need to stay focused on completing the original concept before adding extra stuff. That's the kind of stuff that belongs in Andor's Trail 2. We need to finish 1 before we can work on 2. This isn't Star Wars!
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by RaptorNXT »

Lady Drager wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:55 am Great brainstorming guys! But as Jax pointed out we need to stay focused on completing the original concept before adding extra stuff. That's the kind of stuff that belongs in Andor's Trail 2. We need to finish 1 before we can work on 2. This isn't Star Wars!
Second this sentiment!
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Kage

Post by Kage »

This suggestion of mine somehow could be doable if all cities and other landmark open because I need to make sure first what Andor was doing in order to make it in the story/lore