We have created a beta of our new Andor's Trail release for you, and uploaded it to the forum storage!
v0.7.14 is different to other releases. It doesn't contain any new content, except the translations.
Several languages are fully translated again:
99% Deutsch (old 81%)
99% Español (old 77%)
99% Italiano (old 93%)
99% Русский язык (old 93%)
99% 日本人 (old 93%)
98% Português Brasil (old 93%)
93% Française (unchanged)
90% Português (unchanged)
81% Polski (old 80%)
62% čeština (old 36%)
42% 中文 (old 32%)
37% Türkçe (old <30%)
35% Magyar (unchanged)
Turkish translations have increased to over 30%, so I added it to the language selection. Special thanks to the Turkish translators!
But there are also important engine changes.
For this beta we have our main focus on the engine changes. Google has changed the requirements for storage access, so we had to change some basic things in Andor's Trail, otherwise it could not be published in Google Play anymore.
The beta must be thoroughly tested - preferably by many players with various devices. Android 11 users should see some changes, users with lower Adroid version won't see any difference. Nevertheless please do the tests too.
Please help us and check the following:
- The update imports any existing savegames and copies it to an app specific area. (This might take a while - be patient!)
- After the update, the active game should continue normally.
- The game can be saved
- These saved games can be loaded again and continued. Especially, check the worldmap works.
- Also saved games from older versions can be loaded again and continued. Check the worldmap works.
- New games can be started normally.
- Try a new permadeath game, is it working too?
- Maybe you try to backup your files: Manual backups to PC are more difficult now. You won't get access to the saved games easily from a PC like before. But some file explorers like Total Commander should be able to do so.
- Uninstall the game with the option "keep existing data". Then install it again. Do the saves + worldmap still exist and can be loaded?
In contrast to other beta versions do NOT uninstall Andors-Trail first!
But do make a backup of your whole savegame folder first! (andors-trail together with the sub folder worldmap)
And don't overwrite any savegames you want to use later. A saved game from this beta won't be usable in the production release!
Tell us of your experiences, good and bad.
Can you play the game? Save and load? Backup to PC or anywhere else?
Now here is the link to the beta: static/AndorsTrail_v0.7.14_beta1.apk
And again: !!!Don't forget to BACKUP your saves + maps before doing anything else!!!