v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Now with content! Beta v0.7.14 is available now!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Now with content! Beta v0.7.14 is available now!

Post by draze »

BTW, after I sided with another fellow
, namely Jern,
I suddenly saw a new NPC
, namely unknown,
lying over the bed. But when I tap him/her, I received no chat log or whatsoever.
I don't know if this is a bug or intended for the Prim Guard, on my left side, not to respond or whatsoever?
Is it a statue? :shock:
Screenshot_2021-11-05-13-06-45.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

It's a bug. It shouldn't be possible for him to be there, which is why you can't interact with him. If you leave for a while and come back he should be gone from there. It is very rare that this happens.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
draze

Post by draze »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:32 pm It's a bug. It shouldn't be possible for him to be there, which is why you can't interact with him. If you leave for a while and come back he should be gone from there. It is very rare that this happens.
"very rare"? :shock: oh noes. I tested all of the possibilities that that "very rare" IS very rare by creating new characters- 10 out of 10- I encountered the said bug every time I sided with the other one
, namely Jern,
. :?:
Either way, thank you.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

It's not a bug indeed that the soldier appears in the bed. Like draze said it happens after
Jern had talked softly to the guards
You should be able to talk to him but only get a snoring as reply. Probably he has to refresh from some fight :lol:

Technical spoken
there are 2 Replace fields in the map, that are in the wrong object group. (These object groups are only convention, but ATCS relies on them and displays them as map events).
So "prim_guard7" can spawn in a reward event, but he doesn't start his dialogue "prim_guard7_sleeping". Maybe this is because the NPC doesn't have a spawngroup attribute defined? Don't know yet.
Anyway, everything you'd hear would be "Zzz ... Zzz ..."
Nut
draze

Post by draze »

Nut wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:27 am It's not a bug indeed that the soldier appears in the bed. Like draze said it happens after
Jern had talked softly to the guards
You should be able to talk to him but only get a snoring as reply. Probably he has to refresh from some fight :lol:

Technical spoken
there are 2 Replace fields in the map, that are in the wrong object group. (These object groups are only convention, but ATCS relies on them and displays them as map events).
So "prim_guard7" can spawn in a reward event, but he doesn't start his dialogue "prim_guard7_sleeping". Maybe this is because the NPC doesn't have a spawngroup attribute defined? Don't know yet.
Anyway, everything you'd hear would be "Zzz ... Zzz ..."
Thank you for the clarificatory explanation. Hope it gets fix or the other way around. Either way, thank you.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Nut is right. It's not a bug. I just didn't look closely enough.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

found it -
he was lying on a spot that was _unwalkable_ :roll:
There was a logic to remove the unwalkable marker right before spawning him, but the unwalkable marker was just replaced by another _invisible_ marker, instead of being removed...
Now the poor clobbered guard can snore peacefully at last :)
Nut
draze

Post by draze »

Nut wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:13 pm found it -
he was lying on a spot that was _unwalkable_ :roll:
There was a logic to remove the unwalkable marker right before spawning him, but the unwalkable marker was just replaced by another _invisible_ marker, instead of being removed...
Now the poor clobbered guard can snore peacefully at last :)
:o What a remarkable discovery you've got there! Great job! :D
An invisible marker that block off my character which hampers me to interact with the sleepy-head guard. How shocking. :shock:
Lucciola

Post by Lucciola »

For 'Climbing up' quest, I have taken back 2 normal size bottles of water and 2 big size bottles of water from the fountain in the mountain. And, go back to the tavern and talk to the brown skin drunkard. But he still speaks the same sentences as before, no quest-related reaction happens. How should I proceed? Thanks a lot!
Level:50, XP:6424426
HP:147, AC:215, AD:44-56, AP:4, ECC:18%, CM:1.5, BC:117, DR:5
Gold: 120712| RoLS:1, HoF:1, YN:1
BS:1, MC:1, CS:2, IF:4, MF: 3
draze

Post by draze »

Lucciola wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:43 am For 'Climbing up' quest, I have taken back 2 normal size bottles of water and 2 big size bottles of water from the fountain in the mountain. And, go back to the tavern and talk to the brown skin drunkard. But he still speaks the same sentences as before, no quest-related reaction happens. How should I proceed? Thanks a lot!
Looks like you haven't venture "at the foot of the mountains south east of Prim" to start the new stated quest by

going down in a new hole to find the horrible scene
and then talk to a new NPC standing outside of the Prim Settlement's Guardhouse.