v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Now with content! Beta v0.7.14 is available now!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Now with content! Beta v0.7.14 is available now!

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

So is my issue I sent you guys a easy fix?
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Interesting bug. You have a 50% chance of finding something there. You didn't find it, so you got an empty loot dialog. That's really a bug in the game engine, because it should show nothing.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
draze

Post by draze »

rijackson741 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:31 am That's a bug. Thanks.
Thank you for the response.
rijackson741 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:50 am Interesting bug. You have a 50% chance of finding something there. You didn't find it, so you got an empty loot dialog. That's really a bug in the game engine, because it should show nothing.
So may I receive gold then, instead of empty loot dialog. Thank you again for your response.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
grf
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by grf »

I'm having trouble completing one of the quest.
I can't figure out how to fill bottle in spring. I get dialog option "if you had an empty bottle with you, you could take some of the refreshing water with you." I have both empty bottle and large empty bottle in inventory. Lorn's partner wants me to bring him the water but i don't know how. Not sure if I am just dumb and doing something wrong or if bug.
draze

Post by draze »

grf wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:11 pm I'm having trouble completing one of the quest.
I can't figure out how to fill bottle in spring. I get dialog option "if you had an empty bottle with you, you could take some of the refreshing water with you." I have both empty bottle and large empty bottle in inventory. Lorn's partner wants me to bring him the water but i don't know how. Not sure if I am just dumb and doing something wrong or if bug.
Hello grf , welcome to the forum! :)

You need either of the two specific liquid container from Fallhaven's Potion Merchant:
specifically either 1 liquid container of Empty Flask or 2 liquid container of Empty Potion Bottle
Last edited by draze on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
draze

Post by draze »

As I load my another savegame to make the second decision of whom I want to help, I found a BUG again.
Issue: I can't use their beds even though I already completed the 2 BWM quests ( I sided with Blackwater).

More info:
My last entry from Harlenn was
"Thank you, friend. Your help is greatly appreciated. Everyone in the Blackwater Mountain settlement will want to talk to you now."
(Next)
"I'm sure the monster attacks will stop now when we kill the last few monsters that are outside the settlement."
[end of dialogue]

AND even Laede's last entry saying I'm now welcome and allow to pick any bed I wish:
"You are welcome to rest here if you want. Pick any bed you wish."
(Next)
"I should warn you though that the one in the corner over there has a rotten stench to it. Someone must have spilled something onto it."
[end of dialogue]

Also, I even went back to Prim Settlement's Guardhouse to check if Guthbered is gone and he is, definitely, out of sight.

Edit: I just talked to Laede again and now I can rest. Weird :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

This may be a bug, but if it is, it's a very old one. I'll look at it. I am reluctant to mess with this though. The logic is quite complex, and I if I fix this I might break something else.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
draze

Post by draze »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:01 pm This may be a bug, but if it is, it's a very old one. I'll look at it. I am reluctant to mess with this though. The logic is quite complex, and I if I fix this I might break something else.
If that's so, then either way thank you.
FDWojo
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by FDWojo »

Android 11, Samsung Note20 Ultra (SM-N986U1), 12 GB RAM (10 usable)

Okay, so minor things I noticed:

After I backed up my original andors-trail folder, I then installed the beta. All went well. I was able to get in and play my characters and save them. I was easily able to get into the new save folder:
/Android/data/com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail/ (data storage)
/Android/data/com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail/files/andors-trail/ (copy of orig folder)
> The overall (above-ground) world map progress is still maintained.

> Upon going back to the Elm Mine, if you bring up the map, it only shows the room you are in until you visit the other two rooms. I had been here before to get the guy Milk, and had already visited the 3 rooms, and I could see all three before on the map. It seemed to "forget" that I'd seen them before.

> I was easily able to connect my PC to my device both by USB cable and had no difficulty accessing the new location of the "andors-trail" folder and it's contents.

Now for the big problem:

To test it out, I created a new Permadeath character. I did the talk with Mikhail, picked up the extra armor pieces (gloves/shirt) and when out to confront the rats. When I kill the first one, all is fine. But as soon as I kill the second one, I get kicked out of the game back to my homescreen. If I check my "recent apps" list, I go back to Andor and I'm at the beginning screen. I select "Continue Current Game" and upon getting back into the game, the last rat isn't dead, but rather it starts fighting me as if I hadn't just killed it.

After having that happen three times in a row, I decided to go try to kill other animals in Crossglenn. I was able to kill the bugs in Leta's backyard, I was able to kill the ants near where her husband is hiding, and i was able to kill the bees in the upper right. However, when I killed all the bees, I got kicked out again. Also, when Mikhail gave me the book, I got kicked out.

It seemed like maybe when I do something to allow progress on a quest (killing the rats, or getting pasts the bees to be able to talk about tackling the Rat cave, I would get kicked out. I then went to get the bread for Mikhail to see if THAT quest would kill me too. It didn't. I brought back the bread with no problems. I was able to get the book from Mikhail and then I got kicked out again.

I'll be doing more testing with a non-Permadeath character so I can save the game in between problems, so I guess I'll be saving often.
Kayby is…
using v0.8.6.1
Lvl:57 XP:3360351 AP:12 HP:140 AC:279 AD:32-66 CHS:13 CM:3.0 BC:198 DR:3 ECC:11%
Items: RoLS PRoP Yat RoW AssBla DoSP JoF HoFS
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Thank you FDWojo,

That is really nice detail
"A home without a beagle is just a house"