v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Suggestions for the game

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
MIChaos
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Suggestions for the game

Post by MIChaos »

Hi there! I have a suggestions for your game:
1. Add the ability to highlight text in the game, for easy insertion into the translator (useful for both beginners and those who know the English) :idea:
2. Make the game for the English only (pure the English game). This is necessary in order for it to take up little memory, and this will make the game play more exciting, because in order to make a decision, you need to understand what it is about. :idea:
And is it possible to do something so that you could download a file with the desired language and paste it into the "andors-trail" :?:
3. If the forum has a "cobalt" theme and it's in the game, then why can't you make a "prosilver" in the game as well? :!:
Do I only one of somebody who like bright topics alone :?:
It is also useful to perceive "black on white" with shades of blue (soothing color) :!:
4. When you turn on the "dark theme" on your device, the images are spoiled in appropriate places, such as pictures of animals, monsters, in the main character's menu where the equipment and text. This is not convenient because many people use such themes, for example at night. :!:
5. Make him a compartment for pants, and make him a limit bag, because it is impossible to have so many items in the backpack. It is good if you bring pants and bags into the game. And it's good if you add the ability to open chests and store things in them. :idea:
You have a compartment for a sword and a shield, but you did not notice that a sword can be placed on the shield compartment, but a shield cannot be placed on the sword compartment. It's sadly that a character can't be left-handed. :!: Left-handers have advantages in accuracy, and right-handers - in strength. :idea:

That's all I wanted to say, please pay attention to this. Thanks.
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Suggestions for the game

Post by draze »

MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:33 pm Hi there! I have a suggestions for your game:
1. Add the ability to highlight text in the game, for easy insertion into the translator (useful for both beginners and those who know the English) :idea:
2. Make the game for the English only (pure the English game). This is necessary in order for it to take up little memory, and this will make the game play more exciting, because in order to make a decision, you need to understand what it is about. :idea:
And is it possible to do something so that you could download a file with the desired language and paste it into the "andors-trail" :?:
3. If the forum has a "cobalt" theme and it's in the game, then why can't you make a "prosilver" in the game as well? :!:
Do I only one of somebody who like bright topics alone :?:
It is also useful to perceive "black on white" with shades of blue (soothing color) :!:
4. When you turn on the "dark theme" on your device, the images are spoiled in appropriate places, such as pictures of animals, monsters, in the main character's menu where the equipment and text. This is not convenient because many people use such themes, for example at night. :!:
5. Make him a compartment for pants, and make him a limit bag, because it is impossible to have so many items in the backpack. It is good if you bring pants and bags into the game. And it's good if you add the ability to open chests and store things in them. :idea:
You have a compartment for a sword and a shield, but you did not notice that a sword can be placed on the shield compartment, but a shield cannot be placed on the sword compartment. It's sadly that a character can't be left-handed. :!: Left-handers have advantages in accuracy, and right-handers - in strength. :idea:

That's all I wanted to say, please pay attention to this. Thanks.
1. They might have a game engine that perform the said ability. But I might be wrong.

Nut wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:20 am Andor's Trail is created in English, so English is always 100%.
It is continuously translated into other languages by volunteers who just enjoy translating. We are very grateful for that.
Some languages are therefore more fully translated than others.
However, it will rarely be 100% translated, as the game is constantly being expanded. The new parts are therefore not be translated yet.
If you want, you can help with the translation into your language yourself. (See viewtopic.php?p=46639#p46639)

Have fun playing Andor's Trail!
3. Good question. I want it as well.
4. The "prosilver" theme is indispensable then or the Obsidian.
5. This suggestion has been posted already way back during the bronze age of AT starting from 2013 up to now.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4066&hilit=inventory+limit

Happy hunting!
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

Hey, draze!
1. No, it's not there
2. I'm don't about it. I'm about it:
Make the game purely in English without other languages and present it separately from the original with many languages.
3. It's good
4. I'm saying that, the black theme of the phone spoils the pictures. And I would like this feature of the phone not to affect the game*
5. Lmao, where you saw a warrior without pants, or a warrior whose strength is so great that he can hold an infinite number of things, even if so, his backpack can not do it. This becomes meaningless for this game.
Surprisingly, this has not yet been done... So we are waiting for the response of the administration, maybe they will decide to improve this game now...
New beta testing?
draze

Post by draze »

MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:38 pm Hey, draze!
1. No, it's not there
2. I'm don't about it. I'm about it:
Make the game purely in English without other languages and present it separately from the original with many languages.
3. It's good
4. I'm saying that, the black theme of the phone spoils the pictures. And I would like this feature of the phone not to affect the game*
5. Lmao, where you saw a warrior without pants, or a warrior whose strength is so great that he can hold an infinite number of things, even if so, his backpack can not do it. This becomes meaningless for this game.
1. That's sad then.
2. I understand now. It's up to them though whether they wanted to or not. On the bright side, it will take less storage.
3. Agree.
4. Yes, I understand you MIChaos. They will either fix it or suggest something.
an in game explanation might be a little tricky

Kid: "Why is the storage of my backpack limitless and weightless?"
NPC: "Because that's the nature of it. You have surely noticed that while you are walking and carrying it around."
Kid: "Yes, I have noticed that. I have never understood why my backpack is not heavy no matter what. I have asked my father many times, but he always evades the question. Can you explain this to me?"
NPC: "Well kid, I guess you are getting to the age where you will find this out anyway, so I may as well be the one to break it to you. You are not real. None of us are. Everything you see is just part of a game, including you. We are only here for the entertainment of others, and I guess they decided inventory should have unlimited storage."
Kid: "Nooooo! It can't be true :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: "

:lol:
MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:38 pm Surprisingly, this has not yet been done... So we are waiting for the response of the administration, maybe they will decide to improve this game now...
New beta testing?
True. That's why every one of us (members) must try, test and play every beta as an aid for them to further improve or configure this game especially bugs and errors.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

NPC: "Because that's the nature of it. You have surely noticed that while you are walking and carrying it around."
Kid: "Yes, I have noticed that. I have never understood why my backpack is not heavy no matter what. I have asked my father many times, but he always evades the question. Can you explain this to me?"
NPC: "Well kid, I guess you are getting to the age where you will find this out anyway, so I may as well be the one to break it to you. You are not real. None of us are. Everything you see is just part of a game, including you. We are only here for the entertainment of others, and I guess they decided inventory should have unlimited storage."
Nut
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by RaptorNXT »

Nut wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:52 pm

Sounds like a 'Viva la Dirt League' skit :lol:
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Antison

Post by Antison »

There are multiple baskets to drop your items in. Home, Vacor's hideout, the Inn in Prim.
Stand over it and long press the item and select 'drop'.

Trust me, you do not want a limited storage bag.

As far as the sprites are concerned, we did not create them, they are open sourced images. We did not decide to not give the hero pants.

As far as the dark theme is concerned on your operating system, can you give us an example of what effect it has on the game? Cuz I see absolutely none. I've been playing this game for over a decade and I never noticed a change once I went to dark mode
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

Hey, Antison!
Thanks for the tip, but you didn't convince me that the hero doesn't need a backpack. When you travel or go somewhere, but you need to take something with you, but do not want to carry it in your hands, then you need a backpack. The backpack expands the hero's vault. The hero must have restrictions on the storage of things. Although this is a game, but must be consistent with realism.
There are also categories of backpacks: small, medium, large. There is also the quality of backpacks: ordinary, rare, epic, legendary. What they are of quality and size, so they will affect the use of objects in battle, so will affect the movement of the character, and will also affect his storage.
Gold also needs to be stored somewhere. This requires bags. They can also be both in quality and in category.
This makes it necessary to add a cell for the backpack and too for two bags of gold.
You also need to immediately add pants to the game, this is necessary as: helmet, armor, boots, rings, sword, shield, jewelry.

This is what you went through these ideas, and the game suffers from their lack. I say, you make this game not only for yourself, you may not need to add this, but others, like me, do not think so. You are dealing with the implementation of the game, I, as a user of this game, offer ideas. Your whole game is based on a common idea: to make it even better. Therefore, if appropriate, it should be considered and accepted.

I believe that if you move it in the direction of realism and make quality content, with appropriate graphics of the characters, then your community will be enriched by connoisseurs of realism, and connoisseurs of content. The most important thing in it: realism, graphics, quality plot, ideas that give the foundation to your game.

Yes, this is how the "dark theme" mode affects the game:
Screenshot_2021-10-08-09-00-34-963_com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail.jpg
Screenshot_2021-10-08-08-59-55-065_com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail.jpg
Screenshot_2021-10-08-09-24-06-229_com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail.jpg
That's not all, there is still a change in the font, it becomes more charred, but there are some animals that are not affected by the change to dark mode...
I believe you will add my ideas in the game. And I believe you will add pants. If not, the warriors who do not receive them in the near future will look like ...
Like a Scotsman without a kilt...
One way or another, thank you to everyone who responded. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
draze

Post by draze »

MIChaos wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:49 am I believe that if you move it in the direction of realism and make quality content, with appropriate graphics of the characters, then your community will be enriched by connoisseurs of realism, and connoisseurs of content.
I'm neither with you nor against you of being a realistic person in this game BUT this "I-want-this-game-to-be-realistic" has been posted already before somewhere (somewhere down the road) and just like what Soullessktty replied:
Soullessktty wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:54 am Game is not real, although some realisms are expected. Sometimes games disallow something for the sake of game play. Some restriction is ridiculous, others make sense. It's part of game and we just accept it because it is game. Like a little log blocking the road. In real life we can simply pick it up and move it, or jump over it. But it is useful for the game to prevent the player to go that way.
MIChaos wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:49 am Yes, this is how the "dark theme" mode affects the game:
Screenshot_2021-10-08-09-00-34-963_com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-08-08-59-55-065_com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail.jpgScreenshot_2021-10-08-09-24-06-229_com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail.jpg
Now that's a vague outcome. The dark theme of the phone, indeed, spoils the pictures.
Last edited by draze on Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antison

Post by Antison »

MIChaos,

No, no, and no to the storage ideas. We are not going to add realisim in this context. Trust me, this game is hard enough without storage limits.

We are an open-sourced project and as such, you are free to submit your ideas and contribute content if approved. Now the pants idea is not a new one, but we don't have the sprites for this, nor do we have the game engine support for the stats (ac, bc, Dr) for pants. Adding such a thing is very low priority.

Dark mode, that is an interesting bug. Although I am not sure if that is on our side or not. I'll let Gonk or Nut answer that question.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"