v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Suggestions for the game

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Suggestions for the game

Post by Nut »

I tried to bring my phone to show this effect, but it displays the game correctly without inverting the pictures, with or without dark mode.
Maybe other users have this too?
What kind of phone and which Android do you have?
Nut
MIChaos
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by MIChaos »

Android 11 Xiaomi with MIUI 12.5+

This problem was on my old phone of Xiaomi with OS 6
Last edited by Antison on Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts. Please avoid posting back-to-back
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

Hey, Antison
Do what you'll want, if you'll do it at the Oscar level, I will congratulate you, and if not - then no. I can't modify it, although there is AT, I just give ideas as a user. It's just sad to see such obvious things that are not able to be realized even when this idea is difficult...
And I was pinning hopes...
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:33 pm Hi there! I have a suggestions for your game:
1. Add the ability to highlight text in the game, for easy insertion into the translator (useful for both beginners and those who know the English) :idea:
I don't see how that would work. The game is not connected to weblate, where translations are done. It would also be a lot of work.
MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:33 pm 2. Make the game for the English only (pure the English game). This is necessary in order for it to take up little memory, and this will make the game play more exciting, because in order to make a decision, you need to understand what it is about. :idea:
And is it possible to do something so that you could download a file with the desired language and paste it into the "andors-trail" :?:
This would make very little difference to the size of the game. The text can be (and is) highly compressed, and takes up little space. The resource that sucks up space is the graphics, and we obviously can't get rid of the graphics.
MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:33 pm 3. If the forum has a "cobalt" theme and it's in the game, then why can't you make a "prosilver" in the game as well? :!:
Do I only one of somebody who like bright topics alone :?:
It is also useful to perceive "black on white" with shades of blue (soothing color)!
Because it's a hell of a lot of work for minimal gain. We are a volunteer team with very limited time for this. Do you want more color schemes, or more content? You can't have both. I think if we put that to a vote more content would win hands down.
MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:33 pm 4. When you turn on the "dark theme" on your device, the images are spoiled in appropriate places, such as pictures of animals, monsters, in the main character's menu where the equipment and text. This is not convenient because many people use such themes, for example at night!
Sorry, but this is something specific to your device. I have a Pixel phone with stock Android, and dark theme makes no difference. So it's not something we can fix, it's a bug in your version of Android.
MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:33 pm 5. Make him a compartment for pants,
This is not possible, because we don't have the sprites (i.e. the graphics tiles). If an artist is willing to create a large number of appropriate sprites then we can consider adding this.
MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:33 pm and make him a limit bag, because it is impossible to have so many items in the backpack.
It's a four dimensional bag ;) . Seriously though, this has been discussed before. We do not want to impose a limit. It's a game, and not everything has to be real. Animals don't drop gems in real life either.
MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:33 pm And it's good if you add the ability to open chests and store things in them. :idea:
You can already do this.
MIChaos wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:33 pm You have a compartment for a sword and a shield, but you did not notice that a sword can be placed on the shield compartment, but a shield cannot be placed on the sword compartment. It's sadly that a character can't be left-handed! Left-handers have advantages in accuracy, and right-handers - in strength. :idea:
Again, a lot of work for minimal gain.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

Hey, rijackson741!
3. So let's vote who is in favor of "prosilver" being added to the game. I do not mind it, I think it will be even useful.
4. Okay, but if you ever have a European firmware phone from Xiaomi, then know that this problem may be due to this phone.I'm not asking you to fix this just for me, but if it affects the scope for others, you'll have to think about it.
5. I think if you let him know about this problem, and if he agrees to make art drawings of the pants, then you have to add them to the game.
2 .I understand that this is so, it's just an idea.
1. I mean, is it possible to make it so that in the game you can select text to copy, and only then paste it into the translator. This would be a useful feature. I'm not asking you to link it to a translator, I'm asking you to copy the text to translate faster.

Although this is not an idea of strict realism, but I would like it to be present in the game. It will be nice if you do the strategy (I'm talking about the benefits on the right and left hand category selection style) :!:

Thanks for the answer :)
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

MIChaos wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:59 pm Hey, rijackson741!
3. So let's vote who is in favor of "prosilver" being added to the game. I do not mind it, I think it will be even useful.
You post a vote in a new thread if you like. Just make clear that the option is adding a fourth color scheme to the three we already have, OR adding more content to the game.
MIChaos wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:59 pm 4. Okay, but if you ever have a European firmware phone from Xiaomi, then know that this problem may be due to this phone.I'm not asking you to fix this just for me, but if it affects the scope for others, you'll have to think about it.
There's nothing for us to think about. We have no way to track down a graphics bug in the Xiaomi version of Android, and no responsibility to implement something in AT to work around their bug.
MIChaos wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:59 pm 5. I think if you let him know about this problem, and if he agrees to make art drawings of the pants, then you have to add them to the game.
There is no "he". The graphics are taken from libraries published online by several artists, that we are allowed to use for free as long as we comply with the licensing requirements (which, obviously, we do). The dev team has no pixel artist to add new sprites (we can modify some in limited ways, but that is all).
MIChaos wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:59 pm 1. I mean, is it possible to make it so that in the game you can select text to copy, and only then paste it into the translator. This would be a useful feature. I'm not asking you to link it to a translator, I'm asking you to copy the text to translate faster.
All the text strings are already on weblate. I have never used weblate, but whatever is needed has to be done there, not in AT.
MIChaos wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:59 pm Although this is not an idea of strict realism, but I would like it to be present in the game. It will be nice if you do the strategy (I'm talking about the benefits on the right and left hand category selection style) :!:
Perhaps, but what you ask for is a lot of work. We have very limited time for AT development, so there is no point in putting something on the to-do list that requires a lot of work relative to the gain. It will never make it to priority number 1. It's an open source game, so if you have the skills and wish to implement this, then you are free to do so. Then put in a pull request, and we will look at it.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

Ok
Nocturne
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Nocturne »

May i ask..... Is there was any chance that other scythe weapons will be added in the game because looking on the scythe in the game it's disgusting on how it looks i suggest the game will have some dual scythe weapon that will be drop by some specific mobs
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

We could add more. I'm not sure what you mean by a dual scythe though.
Kbfordy
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Kbfordy »

Some shovels & pick axes lying around in caves/mines could be usable for digging/mining for extra or specialty gems or rocks/items with three quality options: Good, Moderate, Poor
-Good shovel can be used for up to 25 digs/uses in a designated spot. Same for pick axes on a designated rock or crumbled section for example. The designated spot can have random dig/mine quantities & random payouts.
Moderate shovel or axe can used 12 digs/uses
-Poor tools would break after 1-7 or so uses & such.

Rope should also be made available & have uses throughout the game.

Thoughts?