v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Playing AT on a PC

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Grawmpy
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Playing AT on a PC

Post by Grawmpy »

I have been using BlueStacks 5 on my PC and everything works great except for having to click out of the initial dialogue boxes a couple of times before they seem to display (other presses on the same seem to display fine). You have to sign in to your Google Play account and it downloads just like a tablet so regular Android users will be immediately familiar with it. I believe it is using Android 9 or 10, but I don’t recall which. I have been using this for a while and the newer version 5 has a much better interface over version 4 that feels very familiar to Android tablet users and I have no problems in regular game play at all. I’m curious to see how the new windows 11’s Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) will compare to this (purported to be introduced before the final Windows 11 release). I have never used it, but I have heard that it’s a fairly decent emulator that was in one of the windows 8 phone OS builds early on. Apparently MS decided to discontinue it because too many people were using it to access Android apps instead of using their in-house apps from the MS store. I am wondering, and finally getting to my question, has anyone had any experience using AT on WSA? and how does WSA compare to using AT on BlueStacks 5?
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Playing AT on a PC

Post by rijackson741 »

I am curious about this myself, but I have no experience of it yet.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1