v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.7.14 released!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Andor's Trail v0.7.14 released!

Post by rijackson741 »

Grim Reaper wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:05 pm How do u get to 7?
From 5
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Can we please add more weapons variety incl other equipment?

Particularly, 4AP weapon category. This update brings some variety, sure, but don't they fall under extraordinary stuff?

When the game actually needs more normal weapons that players are able to purchase. It's boring to use the same set of variety. Instead of adding extraordinary stuff it's better to spend time on expanding the current weaponry and items in stores.

Even the new gloves in this update are largely useless other than sale value
draze

Post by draze »

Osho wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:53 am Can we please add more weapons variety incl other equipment?

Particularly, 4AP weapon category. This update brings some variety, sure, but don't they fall under extraordinary stuff?
But there is one new extraordinary weapon category that has 4 AP. :)
namely,
venomfang dirk
Osho wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:53 am It's boring to use the same set of variety.
Everything will be boring if you repeat the same thing every single day or moment in your life - no new things or whatsoever. IRL, According to TED-Ed, "If you eat same dish many days in a row, dopamine levels will spike less and less, eventually leveling out." In other words, dopamine levels off when a food becomes boring.
This is the main reason why there are a lot of equipment and armors that you "should" wear and use or even mix them up. Although not every weapon can be good. It is your weapon of choice and there are a lot of weapon and armor combinations to test or even try it out. Just like what rijackson741 typed,
rijackson741 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:04 pm Aside from just making it more difficult, there are many players that experiment with different builds. Some are quite inventive, trading off one bad thing against one good thing. For example, some players swear by "The necklace of the undead", which surprised the heck out of me, because it was never intended to be good item :roll: . If you figure out how to use it, it is actually very powerful though.
BTW, have you already tested the new
Iced BWM Set?
Osho wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:53 am Instead of adding extraordinary stuff it's better to spend time on expanding the current weaponry and items in stores.
I'm sure of it will be on a low priority - expanding current quest(s) in a map area rather than that.
Osho wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:53 am Even the new gloves in this update are largely useless other than sale value
For you. But just like what rijackson741 wrote,
rijackson741 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:27 pm Not all items can be the best item. Many are just filler items, but that is necessary. Even the Wolfpack's animal hide. Sometimes what you get at the end of a cave or quest is good (DoSP for example), other times it's not. If you have specific suggestions for improvement that would make an item more interesting we would be interested in hearing them though.

We do intend to add more hidden treasure that you can just stumble across (if you look hard enough).
Some players will find this item useless, but to others are not. Because it also depends on their build.
After all, this game is still on a development. Maybe on another surprising update we will have it.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Yea, but the starting areas don't offer much room to experiment. The first part of the game is quite difficult to overcome and takes a lot of hours to level up and make enough gold to buy anything from the stores.

If the developers reduce the prices then it's manageable to try and experiment with varieties on offer in stores.

In the beginning, some enemies also have high DR which makes many starting weapons not so effective till the player has good damage stats to shred the resistance.

Once I am level 20 then its easy a bit to mix and match different possibilities, but again there's need to have enough gold before I can think of buying them, which takes a long time.

Also, nimaels vegetable soup should be allowed to purchase after bringing some items. It's a great alternative to food or potions.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

It's not so easy to come up with a huge number of items that are worth having and not OP. We have limited stats to play with. And we won't be reducing the prices. If everything is easy to get then it's boring.

Nimael's vegetable soup is very good. That's why it's availability is restricted.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho

Post by Osho »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:31 pm It's not so easy to come up with a huge number of items that are worth having and not OP. We have limited stats to play with. And we won't be reducing the prices. If everything is easy to get then it's boring.
I understand the constraints. Even 1 or 2 weapon + item every update would be awesome.

The issue wrt current prices is that there are no weapon drops (extraordinary, rare, etc are exceptions). So, the only access is the store. If there's some adjustments to the prices with not much, but say, 20-30% drop then I can begin to experiment with the character stats like BC only, DMG only, etc type playthrough accordingly.

What's the point of having access to LOW TIER weapons after L20+ or so -- if I am both strong statistically and by gold to pick higher-end weapons?

Low tier weapons and items would lose their utility if high prices work as a deterrent at early stages when they're most useful to fight against powerful foes. I don't think it'll make it easy but helps to think outside the same avenues avlb without those extra support to survive risky areas, that's all.

Also, not all weapons are highly priced. Many are suitably priced but some low to mid-tier items/weapons are quite high for the stats to make it worth the investment.

For example: Hard leather shirt 5BC, 1DR at Fallhaven is 1800+ gold wile the Robe of protector 7BC, 2AC at 600+ gold ???

1DR doesn't make much difference against either criticals or 3/10 AP enemies.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

The DR makes a HUGE difference in the beginning around Fallhaven, hence the huge price tag
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
draze

Post by draze »

Osho wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:09 pm Even 1 or 2 weapon + item every update would be awesome.
That's why this game is so awesome because they kept updating it tirelessly and patiently with additional new weapons, items, armors, NPCs and quests always.
Osho wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:09 pm The issue wrt current prices is that there are no weapon drops (extraordinary, rare, etc are exceptions). So, the only access is the store. If there's some adjustments to the prices with not much, but say, 20-30% drop then I can begin to experiment with the character stats like BC only, DMG only, etc type playthrough accordingly.
What do you mean "no weapon drops"? From monsters? Of course, there are. Even from the starter map area. (for instance, Strong cave rat drops useful weapon namely
iron longsword
for our early game.
draze

Post by draze »

Antison wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:40 pm The DR makes a HUGE difference in the beginning around Fallhaven, hence the huge price tag
+1

In addition,
rijackson741 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:42 am DR is very useful early in the game (hence Wolfpack's animal hide), but much less so later on, when monsters do a lot more damage. Then high BC is a much better option. We will never allow players to get too much DR, because then you are invincible. You can play this way in the early game, but not later on.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:40 pm The DR makes a HUGE difference in the beginning around Fallhaven, hence the huge price tag
That's exactly my point! The price is quite high to make it worth except for grinding purposes with little to no harm in snake cave, or other low tier monsters. It is essentially meant to make life easy to collect loot that you can sell for gold, and doesn't work for my low BC character created with high AC/DMG playthrough in mind. What really works is actually a combination of high BC items from armor, cap, gloves or shoes whichever fits the bill and requirement.

1DR with just 5 BC won't help until I further increase DR related items in combination, which are largely low on BC. It's useful for grinding purposes but not much in terms of tackling quests with high XP and/or better loot to sell.

I could spend 1800 to get a cap+armor+gloves that'll boost BC for the total price.

IMO 1DR item for low tier armor isn't worth it since DR is best suited for top-tier armors. In early levels, BC, AC and DMG are important as the game does not offer freedom to spend points equally. AC is +5 fixed, while BC is lower at +3BC and DMG is the lowest at +1 per level, thus a +1DR isn't worth for my investment if the base values like BC, AC or DMG of the armor are low itself
draze wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:57 pm What do you mean "no weapon drops"? From monsters? Of course, there are. Even from the starter map area. (for instance, Strong cave rat drops useful weapon)
That's the one also avlb in stores and other much better variety of weapons in stats as well for nominal price, and that's why I didn't count it