v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Venomfang dirk' critical multiplier bug

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
lake5253
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Venomfang dirk' critical multiplier bug

Post by lake5253 »

Ty for all the info. Sorry I kept you up the other night. I just have one suggestion / complaint about the new release. Andor's trail is about finding the brother, andor, which implies that family is important. Which is why I picked the importance of family option from Ortholin. There should not be an option that completely screws the player where they get nothing. Which is what the family option is. Please in the next release, fix this and give the option back to speak to Ortholin to get either the bag of gold or the amulet.

The new release also had a player screwing option when dealing with the feyguard scout. But this one, I can accept, for I DID kill the scout, instead of helping. With Ortholin, I did help him, and got NOTHING.

I am probably one of the biggest fans of this game, I have been playing since the beginning, which is why I am level 328 almost 329. I literally play / grind for about 2 hours every day. But this new release, with the intentional (or so it seems) option to screw the player does not fit. I understand choices, but DO NOT give the player the option to screw themselves over. It makes the game unenjoyable.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

lake5253 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:49 pm Ty for all the info. Sorry I kept you up the other night. I just have one suggestion / complaint about the new release. Andor's trail is about finding the brother, andor, which implies that family is important. Which is why I picked the importance of family option from Ortholin. There should not be an option that completely screws the player where they get nothing. Which is what the family option is. Please in the next release, fix this and give the option back to speak to Ortholin to get either the bag of gold or the amulet.

The new release also had a player screwing option when dealing with the feyguard scout. But this one, I can accept, for I DID kill the scout, instead of helping. With Ortholin, I did help him, and got NOTHING.
I agree 100%.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

lake5253 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:49 pm Ty for all the info. Sorry I kept you up the other night.
No problem. It's ok.
lake5253 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:49 pm The new release also had a player screwing option when dealing with the feyguard scout. But this one, I can accept, for I DID kill the scout, instead of helping. With Ortholin, I did help him, and got NOTHING.
Ah yes. You must sided with
Jern
to kill the
Subdued Feygard Scout
and obtain your objective from it.
Although the drops are
random
lake5253 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:49 pm I understand choices, but DO NOT give the player the option to screw themselves over. It makes the game unenjoyable.
I perfectly agree with you.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

lake5253 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:49 pm Ty for all the info. Sorry I kept you up the other night. I just have one suggestion / complaint about the new release. Andor's trail is about finding the brother, andor, which implies that family is important. Which is why I picked the importance of family option from Ortholin. There should not be an option that completely screws the player where they get nothing. Which is what the family option is. Please in the next release, fix this and give the option back to speak to Ortholin to get either the bag of gold or the amulet.
You can talk to him again. After a while.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
lake5253
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by lake5253 »

Can you please define "a while"? I have tried every day after grinding to talk to him. I get this same message: *mumbling* That imprudent Guynm..., then the option of next or leave. I click next and get: "Oh, Lake... I'm sorry but I have many things to discuss and attend to here, come back later." then the only option I get is to leave.

I have done this every day since 7.14 has come out, with the same results. Any help is appreciated.

I have also rested on 3 different occasions, still with the result listed above. Is there a certain number of times I should rest? or do I have to go to some other part of the map for it to reset? Again, any help is appreciated.
Last edited by Antison on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts. Please avoid posting back-to-back
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

When you have completed the climbing is forbidden quest, then Ortholion won't tell you anything new in this release.
Maybe Omicron has something in his mind to add more quests in a future release?
Nut
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

After a quick glance at the code I thought that after a while you could go back and get something, but I was wrong. I should have looked more carefully.

We will add some sort of reward for the family option. It's won't be retroactive though, because there's no realistic way to do that.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
PinkPokemon69
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by PinkPokemon69 »

draze wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:23 pm
lake5253 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:22 pm last question. I did side with jern, but cannot find the feyguard scout, unless that is the woman I killed in the cabin while climbing up to blackwater? Please tell me that was not the scout, otherwise I screwed up. AGAIN.
Yes, you screwed up again.
Oh, i did not know that going back down and talking to Jern was an option...

I saved the game, killed the scout, went to blackwater but efen-guy betrays so i re-did it but didn't kill the scout (she went to sleep) then I went to blackwater again, efen-guy betrays again then i talked to Ortho-guy and directly met him at Elm mine (after informing his subordinates about getting to the mine as well)

But wait, is the scout still in the cabin? Or did she leave already (since i completed the quest i think she left...😭)

I still got 2 Venomfang Dirks by just grinding those Noxious venomfangs so i don't really mind tbh. Tho i still didn't find the Iced Leather Armor...or the Nucleus (just gotta kill more of those creepy jellyfish since its a legendary item i guess)

Btw I've been grinding in Elm mine for a while now and have reached L69 🤣

Also, the Confused Feygard Soldier drops so much loot lol

Check out the ss below

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PinkPokemon69 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L = 74
HP = 279
AP = 4/12
AC = 262%
AD = 68-91
CHS = 31
CM = 2.0
ECC = 19%
BC = 112
DR = 7

WA L1, HH L1, CS L2, QL L2, CE L3, IF L5, O-HSP L1, SP L2, LAP L1
Fighting style: WaS L2
Specialization: WaS L1

Shadow Regen

ShaF: 1, RoLS: 2, RoFLS: 1, VD: 4
draze

Post by draze »

PinkPokemon69 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:15 am
Oh, i did not know that going back down and talking to Jern was an option...

I saved the game, killed the scout, went to blackwater but efen-guy betrays so i re-did it but didn't kill the scout (she went to sleep) then I went to blackwater again, efen-guy betrays again then i talked to Ortho-guy and directly met him at Elm mine (after informing his subordinates about getting to the mine as well)

But wait, is the scout still in the cabin? Or did she leave already (since i completed the quest i think she left...😭)
Yes, she already leave the cabin
PinkPokemon69 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:15 am
I still got 2 Venomfang Dirks by just grinding those Noxious venomfangs so i don't really mind tbh. Tho i still didn't find the Iced Leather Armor...or the Nucleus (just gotta kill more of those creepy jellyfish since its a legendary item i guess)

Btw I've been grinding in Elm mine for a while now and have reached L69 🤣

Also, the Confused Feygard Soldier drops so much loot lol
You will find the Nucleus eventually. Indeed, elm Mine is so good for exp and gold grinding
PinkPokemon69 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:15 am Image

That's impressive. But kindly put it inside of the spoiler please. Thanks.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by RaptorNXT »

As far killing goes,
haven't killed the Confused soldier yet. Who knows what consequences may arise in future expansions of the game?
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2