v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Quicklearner suggestion

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Tristan
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Re: Quicklearner suggestion

Post by Tristan »

have QL 40, effectively tripling XP gained by kills. My simple calculus 11+ years ago (!) was that leveling is the means to permanent character improvement, regardless what changes might come in terms of future equipment or engine workings. So reaching levels more quickly seemed an obvious use of skill points (to me) and QL is/was the only means in the game to accelerate leveling.

I think the skill is fine as-is but do agree that it requires a large investment (like say, 40 skill points!) to be meaningful. Which is fine, in my opinion, because the benefits of accelerated leveling offset the investment. One likely could grow a character to the same AC/BC levels I have by investing 40 skill points in Weapon Accuracy and Dodge. Choices, trade-offs, options and multiple paths. For me,, that's the intrinsic beauty of AT and why I continue grinding after more than a decade.
Lvl: 408, XP: 1242518785, Gold: 10041116
RoLS: 9, ElyR: 14, RoL: 9, HoF: 9, YN: 8
ChaR: 80, GoLF: 75, ShaF: 80, SRoV: 73, VSH: 84, WMC: 74, GoW: 77, BD: 74, HS: 75, WoB: 78
HP: 5641, AC: 583, AD: 248-267, AP: 4, BC: 521
Lich King
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Lich King »

Osho wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:53 am Skills are a very precious thing. It takes 4 levels to earn a point, and becomes a difficult thing to earn as you level up. So, I don't think the skill will become too overpowering if it is buffed up, and removing it will make the only viable option to reduce the pain of grinding at higher levels impossible to have.
Maybe you are right. The highest level I've reached so far is 43. Perhaps it really does take way too much grinding to level up at higher levels. At lower levels it's not very noticable.
Tristan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:59 pm have QL 40, effectively tripling XP gained by kills. My simple calculus 11+ years ago (!) was that leveling is the means to permanent character improvement, regardless what changes might come in terms of future equipment or engine workings. So reaching levels more quickly seemed an obvious use of skill points (to me) and QL is/was the only means in the game to accelerate leveling.

I think the skill is fine as-is but do agree that it requires a large investment (like say, 40 skill points!) to be meaningful. Which is fine, in my opinion, because the benefits of accelerated leveling offset the investment. One likely could grow a character to the same AC/BC levels I have by investing 40 skill points in Weapon Accuracy and Dodge. Choices, trade-offs, options and multiple paths. For me,, that's the intrinsic beauty of AT and why I continue grinding after more than a decade.
I've just checked your stats: level 396?!! Just how much have you been playing this game? Or did you edit the save file?
You just wrote casually: "Let's invest 40 skill points into QL!" Dude, that's 160 level! The most hardcore players here in the forum are betwean level 70-90! I'm pretty sure that by the time you reach level 70 you have completed all the available quests and visited all the available areas.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I believe Tristan is really level 396, with no savefile editing. I think (in fact, 99% sure) it is the highest level anyone has achieved in AT. Pretty remarkable achievement!
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Tristan
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Tristan »

@rijackson -- thank you. And you're correct -- no savefile shenanigans for me. This is the same character I took to level 100+ without actually leveling up many years ago. I'd describe myself as a methodical collector. My current goals (to the extent possible) are 10 of each piece of ordinary equipment, 10K of each useable or other item,, and 10M gold. Editing the savefile would entirely invalidate my playing style and eliminate the happiness I derive from gradually hitting those goals. Nothing like buying that 10,000th cooked chicken leg or finding that 10,000th bat wing!

Probably not a style for everyone. Even after several years of actually playing that way I wasn't certain it was what I wanted to commit to. But about a month ago I finally put SPs into Merchant (3) and Magic Finder (4), which was basically an acknowledgment that this style of playing is what makes me happy.

Love the new quest in 7.15. It forced me to finally make a choice between Prim & BWM. Though in keeping with my style,, I'm looking at spending probably about a month having the same conversation over & over again with some Feygard soldiers 😉
Lvl: 408, XP: 1242518785, Gold: 10041116
RoLS: 9, ElyR: 14, RoL: 9, HoF: 9, YN: 8
ChaR: 80, GoLF: 75, ShaF: 80, SRoV: 73, VSH: 84, WMC: 74, GoW: 77, BD: 74, HS: 75, WoB: 78
HP: 5641, AC: 583, AD: 248-267, AP: 4, BC: 521
Kage

Post by Kage »

I dunno why Quick Learner were finalized as 5% exp bonus per level while Leveling Up( Exp) Bar continues to expand such high rate that it required too much grindings just to hop to the next level...

Maybe instead of 5% additional bonuses...Why not 10% additional and At least try to lessen Exp Bar so that less grindings. Just change 5 to 10 percent and keep the Original Exp Bar or Keep original Quick Learner and Change Exp Bar... depends the two
Brussel

Post by Brussel »

Kage wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:58 am
Maybe instead of 5% additional bonuses...Why not 10% additional and At least try to lessen Exp Bar so that less grindings. Just change 5 to 10 percent and keep the Original Exp Bar or Keep original Quick Learner and Change Exp Bar... depends the two
There's a big gap between 5% and 10%, you will see it while your character will have more levels.
And... I guess... Quicklearner is just about the level up be easier, but not so damm easy. I wouldn't mind to have more levels bc quickleaerner, but I'm fine with 5%

Obs: i have 4 points in quicklearner