v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Warning General Ortholion's Henchmen Bug

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Warning General Ortholion's Henchmen Bug

Post by draze »

I understand now why I can't help our buddy Nezzo88 over here:
viewtopic.php?p=74039#p74039

I found an interesting bug: :shock:
Once you *show the signet* and then "Leave" instead of "Next".
You will notice that they (General Ortholion's Henchmen) are gone and you still cannot enter the said mine because you haven't trigger the next line
to receive Exp reward and to barter with Arghest.
In other words, you are stuck and unable to finish this quest.

And if you go back to where the first battle of the quest 'Climbing up is forbidden' takes place. You will notice that they are having a repeating rematch. Ergo, you will receive a signet again.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Warning General Ortholion's Henchmen Bug

Post by Nut »

Right you are, thx! I fixed it for next release.
Unfortunately whoever encounters this problem cant be helped though.
Nut
Nut

Post by Nut »

This is one of the most important things to be aware of when you create dialogues: The player can exit a dialogue anywhere! So quest steps and condition relevant items/NPCs should be set in 1 step to avoid such locks.
Nut
Nezzo88

Post by Nezzo88 »

Another problem is that I don't exactly remember what I clicked.
It seems like I pressed on a joke that I lost 10000 gold. Maybe I choose an end of this quest? But quest is still active.
I don't know.

I had only 2-3 saves on this character and all of them are rewrited on this stage of the quest. Maybe I send you my save and you'll somehow fix it?
~Від раю до пекла покотитись легко~
~Вкаже шлях біда~
~Від пекла до раю я стежок не знаю~
~Не тече зі споду догори вода
~
Danerry
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Danerry »

Nut wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:51 am Right you are, thx! I fixed it for next release.
Unfortunately whoever encounters this problem cant be helped though.
Hello,

So, I' afflicted with this bug and I would like to know if during the next update, I could continue the quest or if my character is definitely "lost"?

ps : I also chose the gold dialogue before choosing the right dialogue but I can't remember if I correctly pressed "next" and not "leave" in the dialogue. Anyway, the bug will be fixed so I don't know if describing my actions is still relevant.
Nut

Post by Nut »

With the next release you will be able to continue the quest at this step
Nut
draze

Post by draze »

Danerry wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:18 pm Hello,

So, I' afflicted with this bug and I would like to know if during the next update, I could continue the quest or if my character is definitely "lost"?

ps : I also chose the gold dialogue before choosing the right dialogue but I can't remember if I correctly pressed "next" and not "leave" in the dialogue. Anyway, the bug will be fixed so I don't know if describing my actions is still relevant.
And hello Danerry, welcome to the forums! :D
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I would like to say that we are very grateful to everyone that reports these bugs. We try to get it right first time, and we alpha test, and we beta test, but sometimes problems get through to the release. Most players that encounter a bug unfortunately suffer in silence. Far better, for all players, to speak up, even if it turns out that it is not actually a bug.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Danerry
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Danerry »

draze wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:38 am
And hello Danerry, welcome to the forums! :D
Oh, you know I'm not that new. In all truth, I was there when skills weren't there, Vilegard wasn't even there. I just forgot my old account details :lol:
rijackson741 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:05 am I would like to say that we are very grateful to everyone that reports these bugs. We try to get it right first time, and we alpha test, and we beta test, but sometimes problems get through to the release. Most players that encounter a bug unfortunately suffer in silence. Far better, for all players, to speak up, even if it turns out that it is not actually a bug.
No problem, I understand that you can't predict everything + It's a lot of free work so I'm already delighted with what we have. In addition, it will allow me to test a new character set in the meantime :D
draze

Post by draze »

Danerry wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:11 pm Oh, you know I'm not that new.
But it was your first post though. :lol:
Danerry wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:11 pm In all truth, I was there when skills weren't there, Vilegard wasn't even there. I just forgot my old account details :lol:
I was there as well and we could, obviously, say that it was harder to grind before than now. 8-) Also, I was there when Crossglen was not the same as it was way back 2011 especially the crossglen's cave.
But no owned account exists yet due to the fact that I'm an introvert person. Yet, I visit this forum until now everyday .