We have RoLS, but how about RoS and RoGS

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: We have RoLS, but how about RoS and RoGS

Post by rijackson741 »

That pretty much says it. Anyway, I'm not personally in favor of crafting legendary items. RoFLS is a rare exception, and it should remain so.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
draze

Post by draze »

rijackson741 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:59 am That pretty much says it. Anyway, I'm not personally in favor of crafting legendary items. RoFLS is a rare exception, and it should remain so.
Agree. I prefer what you, developers, did to Fallhaven's Potion Merchant (from two useless dropped items and a small gold turned into one useful item). I would like more of them. :)
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

There is something similar in Stoutford.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Grim Reaper
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Grim Reaper »

draze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:54 am
rijackson741 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:57 pm The game engine does not support any kind of general crafting. The only thing we can do is remove a specific item (or items) from inventory, and replace it with another specific item (or items).
Crafting is easly faked. Here is how.

There is no need to make actual crafting system. You can do it with dialogues. Once you interact with him after quest is complete you get an option "I wanna talk about crafting" after which you get 3 conversation options: "I found a new blueprint" which leads to him scanning for any new blueprints in your inventory and taking first he finds, unless he already has it, if he does then he skips it. You repeat the action until you give him all blueprints. And there is a second dialogue option. "I wanna craft something". That option would show all available blueprints. And third option is "Nevermind, I have to be on my way" to end conversation. Once you press on any of blueprints he starts telling you what you need to make an item and dialogue options that pop up are following: "yes, i wanna craft *insert name of the item*" which would lead to either him saying "Item crafted successfully" or "You are missing ingredients, you should come back once you get them." Other 2 options would be "I wanna check another blueprint" and "Nevermind, I have to be on my way".
  • [RoL] Rapier of lifesteal (X2)
  • [RoLS] Ring of lesser Shadow
  • [RoFLS] Ring of far lesser Shadow
  • [HoF] Helm of Foreseeing
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • [BoG] Boots of the Globetrotter
  • Troublemaker's gloves
draze

Post by draze »

Interesting.
The process is just like what you are doing in Fallhaven's Potion Merchant, right?
From where the required items will remove from your inventory and will add the desired item into your inventory.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

draze wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:09 am Interesting.
The process is just like what you are doing in Fallhaven's Potion Merchant, right?
From where the required items will remove from your inventory and will add the desired item into your inventory.
Yes. Thats the idea.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

In a very special point of view every trader crafts gold to items or backwards...
Crafting by specific NPC or at special places is technically rather easy to implement. We have it already here and there.
So what's so special about "crafting"? Maybe you have something different in your mind though.
Nut
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Nut wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:17 pm In a very special point of view every trader crafts gold to items or backwards...
Crafting by specific NPC or at special places is technically rather easy to implement. We have it already here and there.
So what's so special about "crafting"? Maybe you have something different in your mind though.
Well i was given this quote:
rijackson741 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:57 pm The game engine does not support any kind of general crafting. The only thing we can do is remove a specific item (or items) from inventory, and replace it with another specific item (or items).
Which forced me to come up with an idea of how crafting system would work. There is nothing special to it. I just think it would be interesting to have a system like that in game. It would allow more interesting items and secret unwritten side goals you can set for yourself. You can even add a blueprint for key of some dungeon or chest of some dungeon. It has a lot of potential of more interesting content.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

How much work this would be depends on what you really want. Having one NPC upgrade a limited number of items of armor is not hard. It already exists in Remgard. On the other hand, having any trading NPC craft or upgrade any of 100 items would be a huge amount of work.
Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

rijackson741 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:55 pm How much work this would be depends on what you really want. Having one NPC upgrade a limited number of items of armor is not hard. It already exists in Remgard. On the other hand, having any trading NPC craft or upgrade any of 100 items would be a huge amount of work.
Well, i never thought it would be more than dozen, and it is not like I planned anything further then what i wrote. Idea came up during writting the post. You can use that kind of crafting system for further quests as well.. you can have somebody from a far away kingdom (any of current ones, or one from future updates) that heard about famous craftsman from Fallhaven ask you to deliver materials to the craftsmen so he can craft him an armor. Then craftsman sends you to farm a blueprint for an armor from a certain area. Once you finally get back to the guy that asked you to craft him an armor you find out that he got killed in a robbery. His wife promises you an armor as a reward to find his killer, kill him and bring her back her Impressive Diamond Necklace. You can also add a secret map(s) which are hidden behind a door. To unlock doors you need key. To get key u firstly need to randomly obtain a key blueprint drop from certain group of monsters after which you have to craft the key. Then you can have craftsman craft you a key to get access to a new area. You can have some kind of quest behind the doors. This actually reminds me of a previous post I made, I will link it here: Necklace Of Vampire Lord. Just ignore skill suggestion, considering that u wont be adding skills in that way i reworked it and posted it in separate post later on. It would be a fitting quest type. It also reminds me of small house south west of fallaheven that still cannkt be accessed to.

I would not overload him with item recepies, i would rather make his recepies contain secretish content that is not easly accessed to, quest items and few legendary and maybe extraordinary items. But besides RoS and RoGS i already mentioned, i do not have idea for any extraordinary/legendary item he could be making. I am sure you guys will be able to add few more over time. He doesnt need be be fully solved in a single patch. I actually think he will be quite more interesting if u build on him every or every second patch instead. That way everyone will want to find out whats new about craftsman after every patch. I think it would be interesting to have people anticipate something new from him in every update.
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • Troublemaker's gloves