v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Carn tower quest

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
bafreat_94
android_version: 2.0

Carn tower quest

Post by bafreat_94 »

Hello.
I'd like to propose an idea for a quest to the Carn Tower, because I think it's a place that is not often talked about, but whose location is very interesting (next to guynmart, the path to feygard...).
I could see a quest starting in the Crossroads Guardhouse with a character guarding the Carn Tower and telling us about his troubles and the fact that he lost the key that allows us to enter the tower.
So it is necessary to go and explore the place, but it is impossible to open the iron door of the tower. We have to find another way to get there. A hole leads us through rooms filled with various monsters until we can get out on the other side of the door.
A guard blocks our way and asks us for the password. We have to look for papers scattered in the hole to find the corresponding password. We progressively go up the tower towards the guard's cabinet where the keys are.
However,
Monsters block our way, more and more complicated to beat until the final boss, who must be beaten to access the cabinet, get the keys and give them to the guard who offers us a small reward (or not)
Last edited by Antison on Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed spelling as to not confuse readers.
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Carn tower quest

Post by draze »

bafreat_94 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:35 am but whose location is very interesting (next to guynmart, the path to feygard...).
It is not really "next to it" :shock: If we are about to follow that path, then we might lost because this map is ancient compared to this map which is modern.
By inspection to our modern map. The "Carn Tower" is located South of the "Guynmart Castle" and is only passable by means of another bridge located West of the "Crossroads Guardhouse".
But I might be wrong though of what "Cairn Tower" you are talking about.
bafreat_94 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:35 am I could see a quest starting in the Crossroads Guardhouse with a character guarding the Cairn Tower and telling us about his troubles and the fact that he lost the key that allows us to enter the tower.
So it is necessary to go and explore the place, but it is impossible to open the iron door of the tower. We have to find another way to get there. A hole leads us through rooms filled with various monsters until we can get out on the other side of the door.
A guard blocks our way and asks us for the password. We have to look for papers scattered in the hole to find the corresponding password. We progressively go up the tower towards the guard's cabinet where the keys are.
However,
Monsters block our way, more and more complicated to beat until the final boss, who must be beaten to access the cabinet, get the keys and give them to the guard who offers us a small reward (or not)
Interesting. It will be more fun, thrill and challenging if that hole
specifically this one

is located somewhere on the North-East of the 'Guynmart Castle" :twisted:
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
bafreat_94
android_version: 2.0

Post by bafreat_94 »

Excuse me for my spelling, i was talking about the CARN tower ans not Cairn.
I'd really like to discover it because it's a vert mysterious place. Another question: i would like to obtain RoL, but i don't know its statistics. Can you help me?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

bafreat_94 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:54 pm Another question: i would like to obtain RoL, but i don't know its statistics. Can you help me?
https://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?t=703
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

bafreat_94 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:54 pm Excuse me for my spelling, i was talking about the CARN tower ans not Cairn.
Ok. :D
bafreat_94 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:54 pm I'd really like to discover it because it's a vert mysterious place.
You are correct, buddy. Just like what they said,
Ian wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:31 pm
sdevaney wrote:I think Carn Tower could be an interesting castle type place, not to mention there could be something worked in with Lord Geomyr and his castle.
I'm planning to release Carn Tower as a castle. At the bottom could be drawn a large dungeon with some bosses and new monsters.
Antison wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:30 pm
bafreat_94 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:54 pm Another question: i would like to obtain RoL, but i don't know its statistics. Can you help me?
https://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?t=703
There's also a "guide" about it: how to grind a RoLS
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.