v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.7.15 released!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Andor's Trail v0.7.15 released!

Post by Nut »

definitv wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:37 pmCould a own f-droid repo be a solution by still being able to use the older software?
The point is that our engine has some old parts of code that are no longer supported by actual versions of compilers like Android Studio.
We still use an old version of Android Studio to build the APK, and can upload that to Google Play.
F-Droid also builds their APK from source to be sure that the APK is really from the open source code and doesn't have unwanted extra code like e.g. spy ware.

We just have to actualise our engine code, so that F-Droid could build the APK again. Unfortunately we don't have the ressources to do so at the moment.

It would also resolve the issue with apps from different sources have different signatures
A signature key is a personal thing. We don't give our signature key to others, and F-Droid wouldn't even accept it. They use a different signature to ensure that it's their version. That's not an issue, it's a necessary security feature.
Nut
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I've recruited help from a friend who is a Java expert. He is a great engineer and I have full faith that he can help with this F-Droid issue
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
si2mev
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by si2mev »

Nut wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:28 pm This story?
So I made a permadeath Jan. Died with 12 exp, 14 gold. ;)
checked andors-trail folder. Hey its not there but that is strange. Where does it store dead Jan?
deleted AT (also 4,87 Mb data)
checked andors-trail and /android/data folder. It was still not there (duh).
reboot.
And you know what? Joop is there again. :!: :evil:
That's not what I said:
Create a new _permadeath_ hero and save it to the unwanted slot. Load it again, and then _without saving_ load another savegame.
I am sorry.

So created a new permatdeath. I cant save that one. Loaded again en made another game (Jan), cause I cant load savegame.
deinstalled en reinstalled the game. Joop is there again.

Now what do I do wrong?

So I tried to make two games. But I cant save the first one.

I checked the old phone, which give a message its migrating old data. There is my beloved si2mev but I cant load the other 7 savedgames. the load button is greyed out.
lvl 59 and growing.
Life taker, JoF, Defenders helmet, Superior Iron Shield, Serpent's Hauberk, Villains ring, RotP, Boots of the globetrotter, Heavy plated gloves or enchanted Regard gloves
draze
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by draze »

That's interesting. We cannot load our savegames if:
(1) their names are not "savegame1", "savegame2", "savegame3", "savegame4", "savegame5", "savegame6", and "savegame7" respectively.
(2) they are not inside of "andors-trail" folder

AND the only main reason why the "load button is greyed out" because the game itself cannot detect your savegame files because of the reason/s stated above.
Your quest has been fulfilled! It's time for a nap.
definitv

Post by definitv »

@Nut
Nut wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:57 pm F-Droid also builds their APK from source to be sure that the APK is really from the open source code and doesn't have unwanted extra code like e.g. spy ware.
(...)
A signature key is a personal thing. We don't give our signature key to others, and F-Droid wouldn't even accept it. They use a different signature to ensure that it's their version. That's not an issue, it's a necessary security feature.
F-droid provides the software that runs their repo.
So everybody (e.g. Newpipe and ungoogled chromium do this) can host their own f-droid repo.
I know that you can use your own key to sing it that way, without giving it away.
I dont know but could imagine that you can build the code as you want on your own repo, even with older software.
Although having the engine code up-to-date is of cause a good idea in general
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

draze wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:33 am That's interesting. We cannot load our savegames if:
(1) their names are not "savegame1", "savegame2", "savegame3", "savegame4", "savegame5", "savegame6", and "savegame7" respectively.

AND the only main reason why the "load button is greyed out" because the game itself cannot detect your savegame files because of the reason/s stated above.
Exactly. 💯
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
si2mev

Post by si2mev »

draze wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:33 am That's interesting. We cannot load our savegames if:

andors-trail folder.png
inside andors-trail.png
I should be very stupid not to understand what to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lvl 59 and growing.
Life taker, JoF, Defenders helmet, Superior Iron Shield, Serpent's Hauberk, Villains ring, RotP, Boots of the globetrotter, Heavy plated gloves or enchanted Regard gloves
draze

Post by draze »

(3) Sometimes, migrating old savegame files will result into such mysterious problem like that. So your issue was just the same as Wintermute101' issue.
So kindly read this thread: Load button still greyed out even with correct names in proper directory
Hope it helps you as well.
si2mev

Post by si2mev »

draze wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:14 pm (3) Sometimes, migrating old savegame files will result into such mysterious problem like that. So your issue was just the same as Wintermute101' issue.
So kindly read this thread: Load button still greyed out even with correct names in proper directory
Thanks very much. This did the trick on my phone.
Oneplus 7t, android 11, fwiw.
lvl 59 and growing.
draze

Post by draze »

si2mev wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:10 pm
draze wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:14 pm (3) Sometimes, migrating old savegame files will result into such mysterious problem like that. So your issue was just the same as Wintermute101' issue.
Thanks very much. This did the trick on my phone.
Oneplus 7t, android 11, fwiw.
"What can I say except - you're welcome!" :D