v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Request DPad and Quickslot's bottom position

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Request DPad and Quickslot's bottom position

Post by Soullessktty »

Is it possible when having Quickslot and DPad position anywhere generally at the bottom, to move them above the actor condition's icons? This way they don't overlap with, and my thumb doesn't block, the actor condition's icons.

There are times when there are 4-5 actor conditions affecting my hero, and it is crucial to be able to see them all.

The left picture is what happens right now with Quickslot at "Bottom left, along left border" and DPad at "Lower right corner."
The right picture is the proposed new position, or, an option to move them above actor condition's icon.

Moving D-Pad position.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Request DPad and Quickslot's bottom position

Post by Nut »

It is almost all the same where the d-pad is placed, it will be always in the way. You could make it even more transparent though, that helps most
Nut
Soullessktty

Post by Soullessktty »

I think if there is a way to shift those up away from actor condition icons may help the visibility a bit. A good UI needs to let players aware of essential information.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

This has been talked about in the past but I feel it's relevant in this conversation. The whole UI is fundamentally flawed and there was talk to fix it by moving the actor condition icons off of the maps and below the map. I.e. create an empty space below the map where the icons will appear. Same thing at the top with the actor conditions on the monster. In other words nothing overlays the map except the d-pad as nut is right there is no other place to put the d-pad
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Soullessktty

Post by Soullessktty »

Antison wrote: ↑Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:03 am This has been talked about in the past but I feel it's relevant in this conversation. The whole UI is fundamentally flawed and there was talk to fix it by moving the actor condition icons off of the maps and below the map. I.e. create an empty space below the map where the icons will appear. Same thing at the top with the actor conditions on the monster. In other words nothing overlays the map except the d-pad as nut is right there is no other place to put the d-pad
Thanks for the info and the explanation. At least I know it is being worked on in order to have a better UI. đź‘Ť
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I didn't say it was being worked on. All I was saying is somewhere in this forum there is a conversation about this.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"