v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Hi there! Notice this, please.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
MIChaos
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Hi there! Notice this, please.

Post by MIChaos »

Please develop a decent script for this game. It is desirable not to add anything extra* In your game there are few acts of interaction of the character with the terrain, please add more opportunities for interaction in the future(I'm talking about cultivation, construction, mining and etc...), they may be needed for the plot. Also, in the future, please complete the entire map of the whole area so that there are no empty cells. Please develop a silver theme for version 0.8.0, so that everything is written in blue with a white background, because dark themes are tired... The new theme will be useful for someone... You are the best, keep it up! I have always liked the miniature world with endless adventures.
:lol:

Speaking of weird, that's why I asked you not to turn this game into slag. And so it is very strange that you added to the character the possibility of "Corpse Eater", because he can eat even the undead, stone monsters, people, and even shit(sorry, because I forgot what those monsters are called). You just ruin the game with inadequate innovations...
Please remake it, develop a decent graphics of the characters for this game(more or less terrain)
English is one of the main languages in the world, but I just can't imagine how you can release your game with an incomplete translation into other languages? It would be better to decide on the main languages of the game, so as not to expand the volume of the game itself and try to reduce its size, because your bagel has become quite fat.
Like you

Take ancient mythology, add Rome, more adventures + deeper(darker, scarier) dungeons, such as the Labyrinth of the Minotaur. Try to continue to fill the story with something like this...
Remove everything superfluous from this game* To begin with, remove such an opportunity as "Corpse Eater" and think that you are adding.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Hi there! Notice this, please.

Post by rijackson741 »

Constructive suggestions are welcome, but there is no point in suggesting we turn the game into something it is not. Crafting etc. is not built into the game engine, and will not happen. It's way too much work. This has been done to death on these forums multiple times.

The game is created by volunteers, for free. It is translated by volunteers, for free. So you get what someone is willing to give you, for free. If that does not include a complete translation to your language, I have a suggestion. Volunteer to translate.

And please don't double, or triple, post.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

rijackson741 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:39 pm Constructive suggestions are welcome, but there is no point in suggesting we turn the game into something it is not. Crafting etc. is not built into the game engine, and will not happen. It's way too much work. This has been done to death on these forums multiple times.

The game is created by volunteers, for free. It is translated by volunteers, for free. So you get what someone is willing to give you, for free. If that does not include a complete translation to your language, I have a suggestion. Volunteer to translate.

And please don't double, or triple, post.
Okay, sorry for the duplication. I just can't talk about everything in one message. Why not? Antiquity is exactly what your game tends to be, so why not add something that suits it?
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

And why not add the opportunity to engage in handicrafts(I mean the broad meaning of this value) or mining, if right? Professions should be there unequivocally, because you develop a game in the antique-adventure style... Yes, it can take up some memory, but what did you want? These are full-fledged ideas for your plot + you do not destroy the area, but simply extract unlimited resources, or open secret passages...

This is much better than the possibility of cannibalism and eating shit... Say thank you to "Corpse Eating"
😱😝
Meme time:
Raw meat can be poisoned...
Character: I don't care, I will develop the "Corpse Eating" feature...
When I see this I want to cry...
😵
Last edited by MIChaos on Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
u2girl1966

Post by u2girl1966 »

Why not just enjoy the game for what it is? It's been around for YEARS and has a ton of replay value. FOR FREE.
"Shout into the darkness, squeeze out sparks of light" - U2
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

MIChaos wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:01 pm why not add the opportunity to engage in handicrafts(I mean the broad meaning of this value) or mining, if right?
Time
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

It's a good idea to take ideas from Ancient mythology. We always keep our eyes open for new quest ideas.

Also an additional theme color is a good idea, dark theme is not favoured by everyone.
It isn't trivial to find a good combination of colors, and it's some work to create and add. So don't expect it soon.
Nut
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

Nut wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:30 pm It's a good idea to take ideas from Ancient mythology. We always keep our eyes open for new quest ideas.

Also an additional theme color is a good idea, dark theme is not favoured by everyone.
It isn't trivial to find a good combination of colors, and it's some work to create and add. So don't expect it soon.
I believe that you will succeed. Also, please remove the excess from this game, thanks for the answer. This project still has room to grow, albeit slowly*
:-)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

"remove the excess from the game"

What excess?

Corpse Eater existed way before poisoned meat was added.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I see your argument why corpse eater is a bit unrealistic. But what about animals dropping gold and gems or even leather boots?
Some things look a bit strange, but it is a game world after all. E.g. talking animals are strange too, but widely accepted.
A game world doesn't need to be like our real world. It should be consistent in itself, but this we try to achieve.
Nut