v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Hi there! Notice this, please.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
RaptorNXT
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Hi there! Notice this, please.

Post by RaptorNXT »

Antison wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:19 am
rijackson741 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:16 pm
MIChaos wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:27 am I often have an extended position of thought. And I believe that if this game, which arose spontaneously, has borrowed elements of reality, it must be consistent with logic.
I guess we have to get rid of dogs that drop gems when you kill them. :mrgreen:
And the mermaid. You know, after all, they don't exist in real life.
Not to mention the skeleton band.
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Soullessktty »

Corpse eater is a skill, and you acquire it by spending a skill point. The way I see it, through the skill, you learn how to clean and treat the corpse so that it's edible and beneficial to you. It's a skill not everyone can have.

Another way to see it, it takes a great skill to learn how to clean and cut a blowfish so that it's not poisonous. Not everyone can do that, but you can learn how to do it. So the same as corpse eater. You can learn how to prepare a meal from a beast you have just killed, but not everyone know how to do it if they never learn that skill.
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

RaptorNXT wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:15 am
Antison wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:19 am
rijackson741 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:16 pm
I guess we have to get rid of dogs that drop gems when you kill them. :mrgreen:
And the mermaid. You know, after all, they don't exist in real life.
Not to mention the skeleton band.
No, no, I'm not crying, poor dogs... I'm kidding. Realism in relation to the natural environment (more animals, plants), and to the caves, perhaps normal, but it is worth adding more insects...
Please make the ants small...
(Safe so as not to kill them...)
About skeletons... They are just some skeletons, but they must have radiation
(logic)
I'm laughing! I did not say to clean up the fantastic, the mythical, just to finish in accordance with the environment(logical) environment...
I hope you can get close to the mechanics of the bow...
It is desirable to start reworking the mechanics of falling objects from monsters... At the expense of crystalline rocks, or glasses, here I want you to add caves where they mined, or extract these crystals... Then it makes sense why they inhabit those caves not only for training snakes... And about dogs, I do not know what story you can come up with, why they have glasses, so it is desirable to redo.
:evil:
You don't understand me, I didn't talk about eradicating fantasy from reality, I was talking about coexistence...
And about the absurdity of some phenomena, such as the skill of "Corpse Eating", if this is done by other, unclean beings, then why? Do you have a "Strong mind" skill? So why do you resort to this, if you can process animal meat, and do not eat everything that comes your way... You already get meat from animals, milk? It is worth adding the ability to process food, rather than poisoning raw, because it makes sense (You can sell fried meat, cheese, etc.)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

Do you have any idea about coexistence and conformity to something? It has a bigger, deeper plot for research...
Monsters have weapons, but where do they forge them? What equipment, etc. If the monster has gems, where does he get them? Where is the source? That's the logic! And I spoke about realism... Complementarity of the environment with the majority of kinds of animals, plants, ores, etc. (It will be possible to smelt a sword in a smithy once...)
These ideas must be embodied in this endless game of adventure! Enjoy the process of visiting the area, to distinguish which species of animals you are not afraid of(for example, bees, as strange as it may sound); to make the weapon, to be engaged in forging of metals for its restoration; to process food, to help someone to sow a garden(Mikhail's quest, etc ...)
Do you understand me?? What nonsense are you telling me? I say improve something, or redo it, but do not delete what corresponds to the game and in general...
Antison

Post by Antison »

I'm all for logic (I'm an engineer after all) but not at the cost of fun, complexity and time.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

Yes, it is quite difficult to supplement, redo everything(or almost everything, looking at the development of events), but it is worth it. This game can get a new look with these "rules changes", or rather with their addition, it just takes time. Please analyze all these and other ideas, and try to complement the characters, styles of details of both the relief and their interaction.
Teamwork required*
At this time, I can only suggest a script and ideas, sorry, but I am not part of the main team.
Antison

Post by Antison »

These changes will NOT happen. Sorry.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

We have limited time for game development. So either new content, or we go back and reinvent the entire game to make it something that is different to what we have now. I don't need to put this to a vote to know that most players would vote for new content. So we are not going to go backwards and reinvent how things work.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
MIChaos

Post by MIChaos »

I believe that you will return to this more than once, your business, because your time is limited, I understand, good luck to you with your new content, it is a pity that you can not turn this game into something new like what I wrote... Anyway, thanks for the answer.
I will be aware of all events
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Our time is limited indeed. But it is not meant as argument against anything unwanted :)

There are things in the game that we might have done differently. Some of these we change, others not.

Animals that drop gems are crazy, but they exist for years and at least I would miss these crazy things.
We could change it, but it would change part of the character of the game.

Beside that it would take much time. Yes, time is a point. All of us has a full time job, Andor's Trail is just hobby. We don't get any money for the development, so we just choose the work we want to do.
Nut