Questions about the game

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Smaug
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Questions about the game

Post by Smaug »

Hello new to this game currently at lv 7 and with many doubts
1) about skill points : when or how do i get them I only got one and never got one again (or at least I haven't figured out how to use them)

2)I know there are magic items and I actually found them by an npc who seems to be a magician in fallhaven but how do i learn magic or spells? I didn't see a mp bar either

3)Ranged: yes I really don't like being one. melee warrior and i haven't seen any bow so far so i'll be forced to go melee

4) If ranged combat and spells don't exist, is it really possible to do this with the editor? (I admit that the game would lose goal of fun for me if I was forced to be a melee so I'd like to know If I can change this if necessary)

5)Companions and allies: is there any way to form a party or something?

6)farm gold and XP: I'm struggling to fully equip myself

7)Because all enemies seem to have a better blocking and attack chance than mine, when they don't spend less ao?
Last edited by Smaug on Thu May 12, 2022 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Questions about the game

Post by Antison »

1. You gain a skill point every four levels.
2. There is no magic in Andor's Trail
3. There are no range weapons and there will never be as it does not supported by the game engine and it can't be without a serious rework which will not happen.
5. No
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Hello Smaug, and welcome to the forums.

Nice name. Although note my avatar :mrgreen:
Smaug wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 am Hello new to this game currently at lv 7 and with many doubts
1) about skill points : when or how do i get them I only got one and never got one again (or at least I haven't figured out how to use them)
You get one skill point every four levels. So at level 7, yes, you will only have one. What you should spend skill points on is heavily debated, but
if you still have it, spend your first one, at level five or higher, on Increased Fortitude. Then your HP increase with every level you gain.
Smaug wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 am 2)I know there are magic items and I actually found them by an npc who seems to be a magician in fallhaven but how do i learn magic or spells? I didn't see a mp bar either
There are no magic items. There are potions, and there are items that have some unusual effects on your enemies, and your enemies can inflict some unpleasant effects on you. But this is only from items you acquire, or from monsters that can poison you, etc. There is no magic or spells to learn.
Smaug wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 am 3)Ranged: yes I really don't like being one. melee warrior and i haven't seen any bow so far so i'll be forced to go melee
There are no ranged weapons or other ranged ways to attack. We looked at this, and even have one version of the game (that was never released and never will be; it was just an experiment) where we had bows. Implementing ranged attacks would basically be a complete rewrite of the game mechanics though, so it will not happen.
Smaug wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 am 4) If ranged combat and spells don't exist, is it really possible to do this with the editor? (I admit that the game would lose goal of fun for me if I was forced to be a melee so I'd like to know If I can change this if necessary)
Hmm. The game is open source, so it is possible to do it, but you need some pretty good Java programming skills. The non-release version I mentioned above with ranged weapons was not created by the main Dev team, but rather by someone with the Java skills. As far as I know, the sources are still up on github, so if you have the knowledge to pull them and compile, you could create such a game. But you certainly can't do it by just editing savegame files. Also, all content in the game created past that experiment (which is a lot) will not exist, unless you add it to the sources before you compile, and resolve any conflicts.
Smaug wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 am 5)Companions and allies: is there any way to form a party or something?
Not in the sense I think you are asking about. There are factions in the game, and what you choose to do will affect your score with those factions. That in turn will affect your available choices in the future. The game is not complete and so far your faction alignment has little effect, but this will change.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Smaug wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 am 1) skill points
https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?t=1498
2)I How do i learn magic or spells?
No magic system or spells exist in the game. There are effects on the target (YOU - the player) called "conditions", which are normally seen in RPG games that reduce your stats, like poison effects/condition, bleeding damage and so on.. You should play the game to find more. The description of these conditions is available. Just bring up the player profile after pressing the icon at the bottom left, and go straight to the first page with stats ti locate the ACTIVE conditions. Press it to know the details.

There are potions in the game that remove these effects/conditions. It is available through "potion merchants" located across the world map. Explore to find them.
3) I haven't seen any bow so far so i'll be forced to go melee
No bows. No ranged attacks in this game. Only melee, yes!

Weapons come with certain effects though. It can further cause damage to the monsters. Check description carefully before buying the weapons to know more.
5. Companions and allies
No such feature
6. farm gold and XP
Check - https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?t ... 031bf404c3

All details available
7 Because all enemies seem to have a better blocking and attack chance than mine, when they don't spend less ao?
Monster stats are fixed. It'll range from easy to extremely tough. Similar to Gothic 2 difficulty where the world has different areas that requires certain level of updated stats to counter them. You can try to fight them early, but its going to be tedious.

Check and download the spreadsheet to understand how these stats work - viewtopic.php?t=6613