v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Are Waterway cave monsters easier to kill than graveyard corpses?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Are Waterway cave monsters easier to kill than graveyard corpses?

Post by charnameLol »

Before finishing the graveyard (Mine for the taking) quest I had visited Cithurn's house where he told my character that he needs an "experienced" fighter. From the dialogue I expected that whatever he had to throw at me must be harder than graveyard corpses. However, I must say that all monsters in the Waterway cave were real piece of cake (final boss got killed in just two hits), even when all them kept attacking in group. Of course, my stats were sufficient to repel their attacks, so that probably spoiled all the fun, but angry graveyard corpses still felt a slight challenge (and a fun one) thanks to their putrefaction actor conditions which reduced APs.

The stats at which I completed waterway cave usually proves insufficient for me to breeze through Lodar's cave monsters "easily" or to finish graveyard quest. That's why I feel a bit disappointed because Cithurn increased my expectation of adventure, while I got none. :D

Am I the only one who feels that waterway caves should have posed more challenge than graveyard corpses? Of course, I'm not asking it to be changed. Just wanted to know if others have had similar experience. That's all. :)

Also, how do you manage to have fun in the game once you become too powerful? It is a bit like god mode.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Are Waterway cave monsters easier to kill than graveyard corpses?

Post by Antison »

"Also, how do you manage to have fun in the game once you become too powerful? It is a bit like god mode."

Create a different character. Different build style. Don't go much past level 50 or you will out pace the challenge available so far
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Cithurn only says he needs an experienced fighter. He says nothing about the graveyard.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

rijackson741 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:11 pm Cithurn only says he needs an experienced fighter. He says nothing about the graveyard.
You are correct. I got confused. Now I that replayed it by reloading a saved game I can see that Graveyard quest and his quest are separate and not interlinked.

Sorry for the question. If a mod can delete this question please go ahead. I feel it is pointless as of now.