New beta for v0.8.1 is available now!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: New beta for v0.8.1 is available now!

Post by Antison »

Nczer wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:52 pm First off, let me say thank you to all the developers and content creators.
This is a VERY nice update to the game and looks like lots of work was put into this one.
  • Good to see a few more lower level quests for starting out.
  • Nice amount of new gear to look over and try.
  • Thanks for the auto open quickslots, very helpful (not sure when added but just discovered it)
  • Nice new map ideas and layouts. I love the new trees and colors. Nice lake fish/tadpole animation.
    "Oh NO! ANOTHER maze? Ok, I'll check that out later..."
  • Wonderful new creatures.
    It's nice to have a new high level area to grind. I'm around level 50 and it was challenging.
    "Oh look at the cute kitty, and the nice butterfly they are....OH MY GOD THEY ARE EATING MY FACE".
  • New interesting storyline plot twist that I wasn't expecting!
    "Wait, WHO are you again??!!?? I didn't even know you existed! And I have an Aunt!!?? "
Thanks to everyone working on this!

Constructive Feedback/Bugs:

Another Ruthless Crackshot
I think I found an endless loop dialog bug.
when talking with Umar about giving the mayor 50,000 you can go back to him repeatedly and get an extra 1,000 from Umar each time. Although it is a fun quick money hack, I doubt that was the intent.
"What are we gonna do with the Sullengard?", then select "How can we earn that large amount of gold?" then select "What, How?" wash, rinse, repeat.
I get that this quest was probably designed to get you to grind back and forth, and maybe it is because I was trying to power thru this quickly, but it got to be a bit boring running back and forth. Maybe add a few quest and/or regular items along the way just seem like you are gaining something instead of just grinding. "looks like you got hurt, take some ointment[+3 poison/bleeding potions]" " Here, take some sample beer back to Umar.[+5 beer]"
Recovering Stolen Property
I was a bit confused on where to go on this one.
He said "...eastern boundaries of town." For me that refers to the fence line inside or outside of town, and above and below the cliff. I searched all around there. I eventually found it but it was hard. If you want it to be hard then keep it but I suggest changing it to something like "past the eastern edge of town" or "east of town". It was the use of "boundaries" that was frustrating/confusing.
At the end of the quest it says that I returned his items to him but the quest item is not removed from my inventory. Although it seems like this happens a lot more often with other quests too. Not sure if they should be removed or not.

Search for Andor
I got to where I was told to go home so we can talk, but when I am home I cant really progress any further in any dialog (besides fathers babbling). Is that as far as I should be able to go?
On a few maps I was attacked on the top of the screen and the 'Attack Status drop down' covered both my character and the enemy. It was fine but I couldn't target another enemy or flee very well. See Attached screenshot.

For the last few updates (7.17 or maybe before), my world map started going black when I try to scroll it around. Its not a huge deal because resizing will bring it back but just wanted to mention it in case others were seeing it also.

Not sure if the places visited and Completed quests count is working correctly. On 7.17 I had 608 maps and 85 quests. On 8.1b I made it all the way to and around Sullengard and completed the quests below but my places visited is at 607 and my quests is at 80. Maybe my savegame file is messing up the count? Can someone verify what the total places and quests?
new quests completed:
work for debts
beer bootlegging
getting home on time
pond safety
recovering stolen property
you're the postman
perception is not reality
That's all I have for now, but I still have a few more places to visit and try out. (still working on 'hunting the hunter' and 'Crackshot2.0'. Didn't go into the crazy [REDACTED] area yet!).

Thanks again for a great game!

nczer
First off, thanks for the details.

"work for debts" , "you're the postman" and "perception is not reality" are not new. In fact the first and the third are very old.
The auto open quick slots has been there for years upon years. :)

When you get back to Mikhail's house, you were running into a known issue that I've already fixed.

The loop that you discovered in the another ruthless Crackshot was not intended and we will look into fixing it. Thanks.

The issues that you bring up with the world map scrolling and the place is visited I don't know anything about and will bring back to the rest of the team.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

A minor map glitch found

See the attached image with hand pointing towards a *tilemap*

When I walk over the player walks through it and not above it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antison

Post by Antison »

You got there with only a 68 HP character?
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:27 pm A minor map glitch found

See the attached image with hand pointing towards a *tilemap*

When I walk over the player walks through it and not above it.
Fixed. Thanks.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:08 pm You got there with only a 68 HP character?
Yes. Loaded my Level 37 save to conplete the last remaining quest. Finally finished it!

Found a minor issue with Deebos dialog box. After completing the mission the same quest related conversation appears even after killing the animal. No change is reflected in him.

Found a poisonous mushroom. Is it useful right now?

Lastly the combat mode inside the forest when fighting against monsters at the top edge doesn't allow tiles to be picked for moving after selecting *flee* either manually or auto! The horizontal box entirely covers the top edge making it impossible to pick the tiles below it! See screenshot 👇
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:54 am Yes. Loaded my Level 37 save to conplete the last remaining quest. Finally finished it!
What? How did you get a level 37 player that far?
Osho wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:54 am Lastly the combat mode inside the forest when fighting against monsters at the top edge doesn't allow tiles to be picked for moving after selecting *flee* either manually or auto! The horizontal box entirely covers the top edge making it impossible to pick the tiles below it! See screenshot 👇
This is not unique to the forest. You can see this in many places across the world including the graveyard.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:54 am Found a minor issue with Deebos dialog box. After completing the mission the same quest related conversation appears even after killing the animal. No change is reflected in him.
Fixed
Osho

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:43 am What? How did you get a level 37 player that far?
Potions, 314 AC, 4 attacks/turn and a nice item introduced in the update which helped to reduce move cost down to 3AP!!
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:00 pm
Antison wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:43 am What? How did you get a level 37 player that far?
Potions, 314 AC, 4 attacks/turn and a nice item introduced in the update which helped to reduce move cost down to 3AP!!
Well I don't like it and I'm going to have to make the content harder
Osho

Post by Osho »

Antison wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:25 pm
Osho wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:00 pm
Well I don't like it and I'm going to have to make the content harder
It is hard. That's why I had to load an earlier save for much needed stat boost to finish the last quest anyhow. Without potions it's impossible to complete even at level 36!! I hope you don't make use of potions illegal in sullengard .. Lol