v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail v0.8.1 released!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Andor's Trail v0.8.1 released!

Post by Antison »

Growler wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:46 pm
Antison wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:01 am
Growler wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:33 am Cool you can get a fine diamond ring (took ~75 kills for me) from some Lava-beasts. Makes up for throwing huge cash around in certain quests.
Tho wonder if getting one of those shiny rings should be a 1-off? Otherwise, one could quickly grind for massive gold.
I've already tweaked the drop rate on this item to make it harder to get it. This fix will be coming out soon in a patch.
Growler wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:33 am Encountered a possible bug during the "Beer Bootlegging" quest.. after talking with Farrik (said go to Sullengard next), I'm stuck.. have talked with everyone in the village at least 2x, incl the Mayor (several times, exploring the limited branching options), and no followup re the beer-bootlegging quest?
My quest log is stuck at "Farrik told me that the beer is coming from Sullengard. I really should go there next."

Any suggestions?
talk to Mayor Ale.
Sounds reasonable re the diamond drop rate, so we'd all best clean up while the gettin's good! 8-)

Re "Beer Bootlegging" quest..
Thanks, but I've tried talking with Mayor Ale several times..no reference to the current 'Beer Bootleg' quest..no mention of any letter..just the same interaction offered since prior to beginning the Beer Bootleg quest.
It seems his role in this quest hasn't gotten triggered for me, even tho I've already talked with Farrik (shown in my Quest Log).
DM me your quest log
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Avalon archer
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Avalon archer »

The same has happened to me in regards to beer bootleggers, after completed all other quests it was the last kne, I'm at the Aamer spot in quest log. Mayor ale won't be prompted to go onto the next line of dialog, maybe its only if this quest is done after the "another ruthless crackshot" quest?
THE SAD TRUTH IS, THE TRUTH IS SAD, AVALON ARCHER, THE ONCOMING STORM
"VALUGHA, SAVE US ALL"
LVL 76 HP:102, AC:357%, AD:60-70, BC:20%, AP;4/12
RoLS:2, ELyR:1, RoL:1, CHAR:1, SHAF:2, VSH:3, SRoV:2, GoLF:2
Antison

Post by Antison »

Avalon archer wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:29 pm The same has happened to me in regards to beer bootleggers, after completed all other quests it was the last kne, I'm at the Aamer spot in quest log. Mayor ale won't be prompted to go onto the next line of dialog, maybe its only if this quest is done after the "another ruthless crackshot" quest?
Nope.

Here is the quest log:
Screenshot_20221007-150837.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avalon archer

Post by Avalon archer »

Screenshot of my quest log, stuck at sullengard. Says I should really go to sullengard next. I've talked to everyone included mayor ale multiple times and the next dialougue won't trigger nor will he give me any letter for the priest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"VALUGHA, SAVE US ALL"
Antison

Post by Antison »

So you need to talk to Mayor Ale and get the dialog about delivering the letter.
Avalon archer

Post by Avalon archer »

I know I'm supposed to talk to mayor ale. I'm literally in fmtalking to him right now and he's only repeating the same dialouge, no new options available.
"VALUGHA, SAVE US ALL"
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

BEER BOOTLEG

Feygard patrol captain: Are you lost, son? This is no place for a kid like you.
AN SCÁTH: Who are you?
Feygard patrol captain: I am the guard captain of this patrol. We hail from the great city of Feygard.
AN SCÁTH: What do you do around here?
Feygard patrol captain: We are travelling the main road to make sure the merchants and travelers are safe. We keep the peace around here.
AN SCÁTH: So when you say "peace", you really mean "law enforement"?
Feygard patrol captain: You got it, kid, we watch out for lawbreakers!
AN SCÁTH: I knew it! Do you have your eye on anyone right now?
Feygard patrol captain: You bet I have. I suspect we are witnessing one right now.
AN SCÁTH: Really?! Who is it? Can I help?
Feygard patrol captain: Hey, kid, not so loud!
AN SCÁTH: Oh, sorry, but this sounds exciting.
Feygard patrol captain: Well, if you look around this tavern, both inside and outside, do you notice anything?
AN SCÁTH: Um...no. Should I?
Feygard patrol captain: YES!
AN SCÁTH: Please enlighten me.
Feygard patrol captain: There is a large amount of beer here. There are a number of beer barrels outside. Both full and empty ones. There is a lot inside as well. Too much in fact!
AN SCÁTH: OK...Why does this equal a law being broken?
Feygard patrol captain: Well, for starters, Feygard taxes all beer sales. It is one of the best sources of gold used by Feygard to provide protection for the cities and towns.
AN SCÁTH: Understood, but I am still not seeing how this means that a law has been broken.
Feygard patrol captain: Well, for starters, Feygard taxes all beer sales. It is one of the best sources of gold used by Feygard to provide protection for the cities and towns.
AN SCÁTH: Understood, but I am still not seeing how this means that a law has been broken.
Feygard patrol captain: Well, you see kid, I used to work in the 'tax collection' division of the Feygard patrol and I don't ever remember seeing the kind of collected taxes that would reflect this kind of volume of beer.
AN SCÁTH: Um...I think I might be catching up to what you are thinking. Please, continue
Feygard patrol captain: That's pretty much it kid, but I need your help.
AN SCÁTH: OK, but only if there is something in it for me.
[Quest updated: "Beer Bootlegging"]
Feygard patrol captain: Great to hear. I need you to talk with the tavern owner and find out anything you can about the beer.
Torilo: Welcome to the Foaming Flask tavern. We welcome all travelers in here.
AN SCÁTH: Hey, I noticted all of those beer barrels outside and all those drunk guards over there.
Torilo: OK, and this is your business why?
AN SCÁTH: Well, of course it is not my business, but I am just wondering...
Torilo: Wondering what?
AN SCÁTH: Why you have so much beer for such a small-sized tavern and where you got it? I would like some to bring home to father.
Torilo: Well, for as why I have so much, that is none of your business. As for where I got it, that information will cost you.
AN SCÁTH: What? Are you asking me to buy information from you? Why would I want to do that?
Torilo: Well, for the same reason why my bed is so expensive to rent...It's valuable.
AN SCÁTH: Oh, fine! What do you want? Gold? How much?
Torilo: Hmm...let me think...how does 10000 gold sound?
That sounds fair. Take it. Now the information please!
Torilo: Oh, I love the sound of clanking coins. Anyways...myself and other tavern owners have a 'business agreement' with a group of 'distributors'.
AN SCÁTH: What does that mean?
Torilo: It means that that is all I will tell you and I suggest you talk to another tavern owner.
Tharwyn: Hello there. I heard you helped Jolnor in the chapel. You have my thanks, friend.
Tharwyn: Have a seat anywhere. What can I get you?
AN SCÁTH: Torilo suggested that I ask other tavern owners such as yourself about a 'business agreement' that you may have with a group of 'distributors'.
Tharwyn: What? I don't know anything about what you speak of.
AN SCÁTH: I am sure you do. What do I have to do to hear what you know?
Tharwyn: Well, if I read you correctly, I feel like you are prepared to offer me a bribe?
AN SCÁTH: Oh great, not another tavern owner hungry for more gold.
Tharwyn: Well, am I correct?
AN SCÁTH: If that's what it it takes to get you to talk, then yes.
Tharwyn: Wow! This is my lucky day. I just found out today that my daughter needs 5000 gold in order to enroll at this special school in Nor City and now here you are offering me a bribe.
Tharwyn: That will be 5000 gold please.
AN SCÁTH: What? You guys are killing me.
Tharwyn: Is that a 'yes' or a 'no'?
That sounds ridiculous, but here, take it.
Tharwyn: I will not get into the 'business agreement' part of this deal, but I will tell you about the 'distributors'.
AN SCÁTH: Great. Start talking.
Tharwyn: Do you see that suspicious looking fellow over there in the corner?
AN SCÁTH: The thief?
Tharwyn: That is Dunla. He gets me my beer. Go talk to him.
Dunla: You look like a smart fellow. Need any supplies?
AN SCÁTH: I spoke to Tharwyn about who her beer 'distributor' is and she sent me to you.
Dunla: She did, did she? What do you want to know?
AN SCÁTH: What is this 'business agreement' that the taven owners have?
Dunla: That is not for me to say.
AN SCÁTH: Is the Thieves guild the 'distributors'?
Dunla: Yes, yes we are, but if you want to learn more, go talk to Farrik back at our guild house.
Farrik: Thank you for your help with the guard captain earlier.
AN SCÁTH: I asked Dunla about the beer distribution operation and the 'business agreement'. He sent me to you.
Farrik: Well, kid, all you really need to know is that there is a beer-making town that has been selling their beer to other towns and they are getting unfairly taxed on those sales.
AN SCÁTH: By Feygard?
Farrik: Yes.
AN SCÁTH: Why is the Thieves guild helping this town?
Farrik: Well, the gold of course.
AN SCÁTH: Anything else?
Farrik: Nope. You do not need to know any other details
AN SCÁTH: Well, could you at least tell what town it is that is making the beer?
Farrik: Oh, how silly of me to leave out that detail.
AN SCÁTH: Yes, it was 'silly' of you to do that.
Farrik: It is Sullengard, of course.
Oh Sullengard? I know where that is...
Mayor Ale: How can I be of service to you my friend?
AN SCÁTH: Can you tell me about your 'business agreement' with your beer 'distributors'?
Mayor Ale: What? I am afraid that I have no idea what you are asking.
AN SCÁTH: Oh, but I am sure you do. [You lean in closer to the mayor] Just between us, we both know that you do know.
Mayor Ale: What do you know?
AN SCÁTH: Well, I know that the Thieves guild is your 'distributor'.
Mayor Ale: Then that must mean that you are someone that they trust?
AN SCÁTH: I guess you could say that.
Mayor Ale: Maybe, just maybe.
[You gained an item]
Mayor Ale: But how can you prove it to me?...Uh, I know. You can deliver this letter for me. Here, take it to Kealwea and return to me afterwards.
Um, OK, I guess.
Kealwea: Hey, young fellow. I am Kealwea. How can I help you my child?
AN SCÁTH: Mayor Ale has asked me to give this letter to you.
Kealwea: Oh, I've been expecting this. Thank you.
Mayor Ale: Than you for delivering my letter to Kealwea.
AN SCÁTH: How did you know?
Mayor Ale: I had one of my people follow you. After all, I wasn't sure that you could be trusted.
AN SCÁTH: Now can you trust me to let me know more about the 'business agreement'
Mayor Ale: Yes. You have proven yourself to me.
AN SCÁTH: Finally! Now start talking. I'm getting annoyed.
Mayor Ale: Pull-up a chair kid and listen to the facts.
AN SCÁTH: Oh, no! Another long-winded story. OK, let's get this over with.
Mayor Ale: You see, this all started many years ago before Lord Geomyr grew into power. The Sullengard brewers have been perfecting their beer brewing for many years and selling it outside of town for almost as long.
AN SCÁTH: Sounds like they are experts.
Mayor Ale: Well, yes they are when it comes to brewing the beer, but not so much when it comes to selling it.
Even before Lord Geomyr grew into power, the citizens of Sullengard always had a hard time selling their beer.
AN SCÁTH: Please go on.
Mayor Ale: Not so much selling it because that was easy. After all, we have the best product in Dhayavar. But the problem was getting to the other towns safely and with a fresh batch.
Mayor Ale: Then after Lord Geomyr came to power and more specifically, after he decided to lay down such an unjust tax upon our beer sales, we desperately needed a 'distributor'.
AN SCÁTH: Oh, that makes sense to me. But why the Thieves guild?
Mayor Ale: The decision was easy. We had done plenty of business with them in itthe past and they never did us wrong. Plus, they have the skills and resources to discreetly distribute our beer without Feygard interference.
AN SCÁTH: I can't argue with that logic.
Mayor Ale: Please keep this information to yourself.
Defy: Andor, is that you? You grew weak and small. How was your visit to Nor City?
AN SCÁTH: I'm AN SCÁTH. Andor is my brother and I'm not weak.
Defy: Oh, yeah, but you do look a lot like him. I'm Defy.
AN SCÁTH: So you know my brother as well?
Defy: Indeed. He always asks questions like a curious kid does. Tell me, what brings you here, AN SCÁTH?
AN SCÁTH: Umar told me that it is time to give their share to the bootleg brewers.
[Quest updated: "Another ruthless Crackshot"]
Defy: The time of sharing? If that's so, then tell him that there will be a delay.
A delay of what?
Defy: Just mind your own business, kid. Now, get out of here or I'll kick you out.
You will be the one who's kicked out of here.

AN SCÁTH: Let's talk about the beer investigation.
Feygard patrol captain: Have you learned anything about the beer?
AN SCÁTH: I've learned everything that you will care to know about the beer bootlegging operation.
Feygard patrol captain: I knew that I could count on you kid. Please enlighten me and I will reward you handsomely.
AN SCÁTH: What would you like to know first?
Feygard patrol captain: Where is it coming from?
AN SCÁTH: It is coming from a town south of here called Sullengard.
Feygard patrol captain: Sullengard?! Of course it would be coming from Sullengard.
Feygard patrol captain: What else can you tell me?
AN SCÁTH: I know that the thieves guild are the ones helping the people of Sullengard distribute their beer.
Feygard patrol captain: The thieves guild? Are you sure?
AN SCÁTH: Oh yeah. I heard it directly from them.
[You gained 5000 gold]
Feygard patrol captain: Well done kid. Here, take some gold.
AN SCÁTH: All that work, and the reward is just gold?
Feygard patrol captain: Hey, what do you want from me? I'm stuck here babysitting a bunch of drunk guards.
[Quest completed: "Beer Bootlegging"]
[You gained 5128 experience]
Feygard patrol captain: Anyways, I'd like you to know that as soon as I can get word back to Feygard, we will be putting an end to their beer bootlegging operation.
Glory to Feygard.

AN SCÁTH: I know who is distributing the beer, but not the source of the beer.
Feygard patrol captain: That is disappointing, but at least you know something. Tell me.
AN SCÁTH: It is the Theives guild.
Feygard patrol captain: The thieves guild? Are you sure?
[You gained 2500 gold]
Thanks and glory to Feygard.

AN SCÁTH: I know where the beer is coming from, but I do not know who is distributing it.
Feygard patrol captain: That is disappointing, but at least you know something. Please tell me.
AN SCÁTH: The brewers are the families of Sullengard.
Feygard patrol captain: Sullengard?! Of course it would be coming from Sullengard. I should have known it is coming from them.
[You gained 2500 gold]
AN SCÁTH: Thanks!
[You gained 3109 experience]
Feygard patrol captain: I'd like you to know that as soon as I can get word back to Feygard, we will be putting an end to their beer bootlegging operation.
Glory to Feygard.

AN SCÁTH: I am sorry, but I have learned nothing that I am willing to share or feel confident in sharing with you.
Feygard patrol captain: WHAT?! Tell me what you know, now!
AN SCÁTH: That's the thing, I don't 'know' anything that I could prove.
[You gained 1900 experience]
Feygard patrol captain: I knew that you would be a waste of my time. I'll reward you with nothing.
I should get going. Sorry that I could not be more helpful.

[/blackout]
Avalon archer wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:51 pm I know I'm supposed to talk to mayor ale. I'm literally in fmtalking to him right now and he's only repeating the same dialouge, no new options available.
Avalon archer wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:51 pm I know I'm supposed to talk to mayor ale. I'm literally in fmtalking to him right now and he's only repeating the same dialouge, no new options available.
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Antison

Post by Antison »

You're missing something cuz this quest works
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

Thanks a lot for this update. I have had most fun in Lodar's mazes, and underground caves. Sullengard came close to it in its breadth. In terms of challenge Sullengard is much better. The number of monsters swarming Sullengard is ample enough to grind just for the fun of it. :D
One cool thing with Sullengard forest is that deadly snakes can be completely hidden behind those tall trees and your character wouldn't even have a clue about it. At least in Lodar's maze those flies had a part of wings visible even when hidden behind trees. :)

Another interesting thing is that these deadly snakes (especially the red ones, and the queen ones) closes in like nearby flies once you engage with any of them, so that further toughens up the challenge (as if one of them was not enough to knock down the player already with those "critical" fangs. :D ).

I think NorthEastern map of Sullengard forest is the finest challenge in this regard. About a dozen deadly snakes ready to swarm in!
I've have upgraded from Lvl 77 to 81 (closing 82 soon) in this update alone. :-D

Thanks again for the fun folks.
Growler
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by Growler »

Avalon archer wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:03 pm Screenshot of my quest log, stuck at sullengard. Says I should really go to sullengard next. I've talked to everyone included mayor ale multiple times and the next dialougue won't trigger nor will he give me any letter for the priest.
Exact same issue I'm having.. have tried talking with Mayor Ale multiple times (After BB quest updated from talking with Farrik).
Attaching my BB quest log..
Screenshot_2022-10-07 - Growler's Beer Bootleg quest log.png
..then get this from Mayor Ale:
Screenshot_2 Growler's convo w Mayor Ale After Farrik encounter.png
Last edited by Growler on Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Opposition is True Friendship. As your Once & Future Friend, I oppose that notion.
~~~
Black is White, White is Black, 1984 is Back.