v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Critical Hit Resist.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Critical Hit Resist.

Post by Antison »

I remember the days where nothing had critical hits.
Then I remember the days when the undead were not critically immune.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Biovr
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Biovr »

Osho wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:05 pm You can't resist a critical blow. No RPG has any such skill IMO. It is a special ability otherwise any counter resistance will dilute its utility.

Bark skin is really good. Don't confuse it with critical but take into account the amount of health points being saved in combat against monsters with high damage. The more the better. It's not a waste since you are also building block chance simultaneously which is the best way to minimise the %chance of critical hits significantly.

I never had any issue with critical hits from the monsters.

I actually have a opposite issue - weak critical skill for the player! It takes so many points to build this ability and still feels underwhelming.

I request new wearable or useable items added in future to have a higher critical hit point bonus to offer. Including, %chance!
The PoE game has a mechanic for reducing critical damage received. And this is a very useful skill, so as not to die from critical hits of simple white mobs, which you have to kill by the thousands there. Of course, this game doesn't have that much fighting, but I still think it's an interesting, important mechanic for a single life mode. Well, with the critical damage of the player himself, I have no problems. I have 33% critical chance and x5.25 crit multiplier. I think it's a lot. But, for this it is important to invest in crit skills. It is obvious that one cannot achieve good indicators of critical attacks on equipment alone. And it is right.
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

Biovr wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:32 am
Osho wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:05 pm You can't resist a critical blow. No RPG has any such skill IMO. It is a special ability otherwise any counter resistance will dilute its utility.

Bark skin is really good. Don't confuse it with critical but take into account the amount of health points being saved in combat against monsters with high damage. The more the better. It's not a waste since you are also building block chance simultaneously which is the best way to minimise the %chance of critical hits significantly.

I actually have a opposite issue - weak critical skill for the player! It takes so many points to build this ability and still feels underwhelming.

I request new wearable or useable items added in future to have a higher critical hit point bonus to offer. Including, %chance!
The PoE game has a mechanic for reducing critical damage received. And this is a very useful skill, so as not to die from critical hits of simple white mobs, which you have to kill by the thousands there. Of course, this game doesn't have that much fighting, but I still think it's an interesting, important mechanic for a single life mode. Well, with the critical damage of the player himself, I have no problems. I have 33% critical chance and x5.25 crit multiplier. I think it's a lot. But, for this it is important to invest in crit skills. It is obvious that one cannot achieve good indicators of critical attacks on equipment alone. And it is right.
Hi. What's your Effective Critical Chance? How much damage (a rough guess or average would do) do you get to see on a critical hit?
Biovr
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Biovr »

charnameLol wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:59 am
Biovr wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:32 am

Hi. What's your Effective Critical Chance? How much damage (a rough guess or average would do) do you get to see on a critical hit?
https://imageup.ru/img9/4064808/screens ... strail.jpg
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

In the early days crits were much more powerful than they are now. So much so that they were seriously OP. So they got nerfed. View them as a bonus, rather than a must have.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1