cave fern

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
The Gray
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

cave fern

Post by The Gray »

will there be a seller of cave fern in the future? i could really use more of thay for a quest that im going on but i can only get it once sadly..
:D
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: cave fern

Post by Osho »

Absolutely.

It should not be one time use item, including boletus spelunca!

Don't support making it available in stores but just respawn these items in those fixed points each time player rests to reset the area. Simple!
The Gray
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by The Gray »

Osho wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:04 am Absolutely.

It should not be one time use item, including boletus spelunca!

Don't support making it available in stores but just respawn these items in those fixed points each time player rests to reset the area. Simple!
yeah that works too
:D
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I don't think this is going to happen.
Both of you for years now have been trying to get us to do things to make this game easier. Embrace the challenge.
Easter eggs are Easter eggs for a reason. They're meant to be hidden little one-offs then if you're lucky enough to find you benefit from. They are not designed to exploit over and over again
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho

Post by Osho »

Yeah and this misunderstanding that everything is about difficulty over freedom of choice for some developers has also become a big hurdle in making the game fun. This is like an imposition of a single concept rather bringing flexibility of letting players decide how they wish to play the game.
RaptorNXT

Post by RaptorNXT »

Osho wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:40 am Yeah and this misunderstanding that everything is about difficulty over freedom of choice for some developers has also become a big hurdle in making the game fun. This is like an imposition of a single concept rather bringing flexibility of letting players decide how they wish to play the game.
I disagree. The game is fun the way it is. And, as far as I am concerned, there is plenty of choice and variety.
In any game, there is flexibility where possible, and 'fixed points in time' where linearity is required.
In conclusion, love the path the developers are chatting. As well as all the help they and others here provide.
Dhayavar rocks!

Cheers,

RaptorNXT
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Osho

Post by Osho »

RaptorNXT wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:54 am In any game, there is flexibility where possible, and 'fixed points in time' where linearity is required.
Where is the flexibility in this matter? It's a one time use item. If its introduced as an easter egg then the variety argument also goes out of the window since players have been wanting to use better and new items and when it is offered comes with "conditions apply" tag which could have been easily avoided by making it respawn like other items. Easter eggs are also supposed to be introduced through hidden details in the quests, secret areas, npc dialogues, etc. Never have I seen a one time use item as an easter in RPG.

Also on the difficulty aspect, the item can be tweaked to reduce the duration of its effect and make it similar to consumption of other items.
RaptorNXT

Post by RaptorNXT »

From what I see, it's one of the many Easter Eggs, reusable, one time usable, non usable et al available in the game. From a player's perspective, that's the variety.

Also, why do you feel that all the traditional rules of other RPGs need to apply? There's some good out-of-the-box thinking here which is refreshing.

Also, on the tweaks proposed, they can be done, but they need not be done too. Final call is with the Devs, and it's best that way.

At the end of the day, overall it's an interesting world of Dhayavar with interesting quirks, and much fun to explore.
One can nitpick about a few grains of sands on a beach. Or one can go for a swim or ride the surf or scuba dive or sail a catamaran. I'll do one of the later, and am sure majority of the players will.

Peace,

RaptorNXT
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11

Shadow Regeneration

WA L2, HH L2, BS L2, CS L2, CL L2, CE L2, IF, Reg, Evsn, OHSP L3, SP L2
Fighting style: W&S L2
Specialization: W&S L1
Osho

Post by Osho »

RaptorNXT wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:50 am Final call is with the Devs, and it's best that way.
Developers also ask for feedback. The topic definitely makes a valid one. If it can be looked into then it only helps to make the game better otherwise we always respect the final decision.
RaptorNXT

Post by RaptorNXT »

They do ask for feedback. Have provided a few, some of which have been accepted. Some not.

Proposed change here may make it better. It may not. Either way, let's please just enjoy the game.

Cheers,

RaptorNXT
RaptorNXT

Sentinel
L = 90
AC = 352
AD = 47-63
CHS = 31
CM = 2
ECC = 19%

BC = 143
DR = 11