v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Suggestions for drops from Sullengard forest animals

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Suggestions for drops from Sullengard forest animals

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:27 pm If you have them, then you know how they work. When you are exploring new maps, it may be a good idea to wear them.
Checked with AT directory since the usual suspect shoppers didn't sell them. I don't have them so I must have sold them long ago when I finished the quest that gave those gloves. I needed the money.

I can't taste those berries now. :cry:
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

charnameLol wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:39 pm
Antison wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:27 pm If you have them, then you know how they work. When you are exploring new maps, it may be a good idea to wear them.
Checked with AT directory since the usual suspect shoppers didn't sell them. I don't have them so I must have sold them long ago when I finished the quest that gave those gloves. I needed the money.

nope. They are a hidden find.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
The Gray
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by The Gray »

charnameLol wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:45 am I don't know if this would gain currency with anyone but here's a minor suggestion for the drops from the forest animals.

Some of the snakes are more deadly in the forest. Once in a while they can be configured to drop a fang. The potion maker in Fallhaven can use that along with something (can't think of that) to make, let's say, a potion that can increase attack damage (by 5-6) or critical skill (by 10-15) for some 25 or 30 rounds. The potion maker should demand a reasonable gold too.

Or, the snakes could drop some real nice skin that can be traded for more value than mere meat. May be the tailor in Brimhaven could use that skin to turn that into useful clothing for those who play with Monk style build.

Those reapers in the forest could be used to make a collector's item, say a ring that provides immunity of some sort. Not that it would be of any use for the player who can kill those reapers, but hey, it is something.

Edit: this post has been moved into a separate thread. It was originally posted as a suggestion during the back and forth communication taking place after this post (https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?p=76267#p76267) on another thread. That's the missing context for my post, in case you need one. :)
how about the wild cats drop more valuable claws or fur.
:D
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

The Gray wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:39 am
charnameLol wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:45 am I don't know if this would gain currency with anyone but here's a minor suggestion for the drops from the forest animals.

Some of the snakes are more deadly in the forest. Once in a while they can be configured to drop a fang. The potion maker in Fallhaven can use that along with something (can't think of that) to make, let's say, a potion that can increase attack damage (by 5-6) or critical skill (by 10-15) for some 25 or 30 rounds. The potion maker should demand a reasonable gold too.

Or, the snakes could drop some real nice skin that can be traded for more value than mere meat. May be the tailor in Brimhaven could use that skin to turn that into useful clothing for those who play with Monk style build.

Those reapers in the forest could be used to make a collector's item, say a ring that provides immunity of some sort. Not that it would be of any use for the player who can kill those reapers, but hey, it is something.

Edit: this post has been moved into a separate thread. It was originally posted as a suggestion during the back and forth communication taking place after this post (https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?p=76267#p76267) on another thread. That's the missing context for my post, in case you need one. :)
how about the wild cats drop more valuable claws or fur.
That would be nice, but time constraint is a big issue and so developers' efforts are much better justifiable to be spent on expanding the maps and getting us closer to finding our lost brother. :)

Maybe someday one of us users or a dev might create for us some of these items from above suggestions :) May be even a better one!
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:41 pm

Found them. ;)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

charnameLol wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:57 pm
Antison wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:41 pm

Found them. ;)
The Gardner gloves or the berries?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:20 pm
charnameLol wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:57 pm Found them. ;)
The Gardner gloves or the berries?
Both. The gloves provides sweet berry vision. : :)
charnameLol

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:45 am Necklace of the undead centric build
I switched to this Necklace. Its regeneration from attacks and kills is a good one. If the BC is good enough, where the damage from monsters is let's say up to -10HP, and if the monsters attacks can be dodged usually, than this necklace pretty much eliminates the need to depend on Regeneration from food source.

May be once in a while drink a health potion but otherwise, just keep swinging the blade and get HP too.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is a good necklace for builds near 100 HP health I think, and for grinding in areas with middle level quests.