Suggestions for drops from Sullengard forest animals

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Suggestions for drops from Sullengard forest animals

Post by Osho »

charnameLol wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:07 am
Osho wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:01 am Is it different? 🤔 If not wrong the health multiplier is the same as x2 meat
Regular meat is 2x, 12 rounds
Snake meat is 2x, 15 rounds

Don't forget to cook it to reduce its bitterness.

Poisoning is same for both.
It is the same meat then. Rounds don't make much of a difference then multipliers when consuming it during combat against conditions with higher multipliers. Like the x4 cooked ones and it has saved my life many times.

Are you serious about cooking? Is it possible?
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

Nah. I was just kidding about cooking. :)

You are right. It is more or less same wrt to sustenance. In terms of Gold, it just 1 GP compared to 29 GP from regular ones.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:47 am
charnameLol wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:07 am
Osho wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:01 am Is it different? 🤔 If not wrong the health multiplier is the same as x2 meat
Regular meat is 2x, 12 rounds
Snake meat is 2x, 15 rounds

Don't forget to cook it to reduce its bitterness.

Poisoning is same for both.
It is the same meat then. Rounds don't make much of a difference then multipliers when consuming it during combat against conditions with higher multipliers. Like the x4 cooked ones and it has saved my life many times.

Are you serious about cooking? Is it possible?
See, gentleman negativity. This guy is never happy. I saw a need to add enhanced meat item and I did it and he's still complains.
Rounds do matter. The snake meat gives you six extra HP. That's six extra HP that you wouldn't have had otherwise.
If I did it with a multiplier at 5 and the rounds at 3, then rounds still don't matter to you?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho

Post by Osho »

Not complaining. Rounds matter but it depends on the multiplier to make it useful during COMBAT!!!!!

When the monsters conditions suddenly hits you then this snake meat won't help, unlike a x4 meat which negates the effect significantly to last till the end of the battle, or simply stay alive till next turn to escape it through fleeing.

X2 meat is good outside combat
Antison

Post by Antison »

Food and other items that give you HP over a course of rounds is not the desirable item to use in battle. It doesn't matter the multiplier when you're in battle. You still getting HP gain round by round instead of all at once which is preferable in a fight
Osho

Post by Osho »

Bro, I have to disagree. For me multiplier is king! Even x4 with lowest (4 rounds) is useful to reduce the damage from conditions during combat. Outside combat there is no urgency to use meat that often. No matter the type.

Also, I didn't even want to complain, since as we are talking about food then its strange sullengard doesn't offer good consumption items with higher multipliers. Just saying it. Don't mind if its a deliberate design decision but the lack of it hurts when fighting dangerous monsters.
Antison

Post by Antison »

You love to play hack & slash. You like to walk through the maps, destroying everything under the sun as easily as possible. You want to be overpowered. You don't enjoy the challenge of it being difficult. You want everything as easy as possible.

Food is designed to be consumed and have your HP be incrementally increased over the course of time outside of battle. Potions give you the instant HP bump that you are looking for.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:36 am
Also, I didn't even want to complain, since as we are talking about food then its strange sullengard doesn't offer good consumption items with higher multipliers.
Why is it strange?

Deebo's apple pie gives x3 10 rounds
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

Antison wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:30 am Food in other items that give you HP over a course of rounds is not the desirable item to use in battle. It doesn't matter the multiplier when you're in battle. You still getting HP gain round by round instead of all at once which is preferable in a fight
What kind of items do you use or find desirable during battle? In the Sullengard map where the monster are more fierce which items did you prefer?

I'm intrigued. I maybe using sub-optimal combination. So far, I have relied on combining cooked meat with Lodar's BP. That gives about 6 HP per round for 5 rounds. And when HP fell below 90 I used regular BP.
Antison

Post by Antison »

I do not focus on using food items in battle. All of those items that give you HP over a set number of rounds I use outside of battle. Most of the time I wait for them to be exhausted then I start fighting. Or sometimes I will let them go about halfway through their total rounds and then I'll start a fight and I'll get the benefit of incremental HP during the fight, but I do not rely on that.

Lodar's bonemeal and health potions give you the added benefit of both behaviors. Which are really my go to items.