v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New beta! (V.0.8.3)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: New beta! (V.0.8.3)

Post by Osho »

I don't see any drainage of AP. Maybe in the background it's working but visually don't see changes in stats

Followed instinct. To find an entry point it's natural to stay close to the forest and listen to the sound of moaning
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

If you have 12 AP and you get that condition it drops it to nine out of 12
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho

Post by Osho »

No. It stays same. I checked with 2 rounds effect and result was the same.

I'll post a video soon.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Osho wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:50 pm No. It stays same. I checked with 2 rounds effect and result was the same.

I'll post a video soon.
Yes, it does. Just keep hitting end turn until you get inflicted and then look at your AP. I tested it already after you reported it. It's working.
Screenshot_20221106-075355.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Screenshot_20221106-181956.png
Ah, yes, AP came down to 9. 🤔 Need to be more careful. The 2 rounds condition effect always makes me confuse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
duskull
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by duskull »

Ah finally the import/export function has been introduced! Thank you @OMGeeky and good luck on any future plans you might have for the game!
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I can't export but the import works. But I found another file manager that allows me to do so for now. Until a system update. That's what happened to me with the Samsung. But so far so good
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
Thalanor
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Thalanor »

Men, this is amazing! Boo-ya!
Antison

Post by Antison »

Thalanor wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:50 pm Men, this is amazing! Boo-ya!
Thank you! This makes me feel much appreciated.
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

Hi there Developers.

Good game. I like the stacking of mind fog with fear. Pretty cool.

Couple of first/main screen suggestions, if I may:

1. There is a typo is the word "louder". It says "loader' in two dialogs where the character is investigating in the bushes to find the source of the moans.

2. About the import-export functions. When a game is imported the UI could show a Toast that the import was successful. I actually expected the game not only be imported but also loaded, so I would have "Continue" instead of "New game" when the import was successful.

3. I think a toast would also be nice for successful import of World map. And thanks for these two features BTW :)

------------

Game content suggestions:

1. This might come as a surprise but, can the monsters in the nearby maps until (the demon is encountered) be made more fierce?

I complained a bit about Snakes in Sullengad, I know. But I sort of got a taste of that challenge. Antison spoiled me. Hehe. I'm trying to get that challenge. I reduced my BC from 264 to 183 to give monsters a good fighting chance.

The stacking of Mind fog with Fear easily decreased BC by about 60-70 points and AC too. So that poses nice challenge from monsters. I liked that.

Would you be open to increasing the chances of getting these actor conditions, say from 25% to umm, 49%? That would be awesome.

2. There are a couple of different types of monsters. Can any one or more of them be configured to attack as a swarm, like those rotten corpses used to do in Graveyard map?

See, these creatures are there to protect a demon of greater power. I'm hoping to have the demon demonstrate that power by making those creatures attack swiftly and in a swarm by moving closer to the attacker. And may be add a single dialogue where when the player enters into a region/map adjacent to the one where demon is, the player should sense a great disturbance progressively. You know, like in a horror movie. As the character goes more closer to the source of noise things the tension starts rising more and more.

Currently, the player doesn't really feel the disturbance even when he is standing two tiles away from it. It is all in the dialogue, not in reality. Consider that monster in Brimhaven, Basilik I think. The player had negative actor condition just by coming closer to that monster. That's one way we know that we have a formidable monster to face.

Would you be open to that as well? :)

3. And last one. Please. The Demon has low HP. Could be increased to say 450 or 500 HP or even 600HP. Or at least the BC can be increased more.

A player who is there to fight that demon would normally have 150+ or even 200+ HP and quite a good DMG and AC range. Which means when the player attacks first, which we all are gonna do anyway, the Demon would most likely be finished in 3-4 strikes. In one round. No kidding!

I actually reduced my BC a bit more by removing a gear just to get to see what the actor condition from the demon would feel like. In my previous attempt I slayed that demon in one round. Had to reload back. Hehe. :)

That's all. Thanks for the bringing the content within a month of last release.