How to start Five idols?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: How to start Five idols?

Post by Antison »

Nezzo88 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:46 pm
Antison wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:25 pm
Nezzo88 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:11 pm

what means "neutral"? I absolutely on the /dark evil amulet/ side! I tell no one about her and help her with rats. Also, a few times went full way from Remgard to Fallhaven and back, I end all quests in Remgard.
It just... not right(
There is no bug here. I don't have time to walk you through everything and go step-by-step through every dialogue of every one of those quests .
https://andorstrail-directory.github.io/quests

so there's no other trigger of this quest? and it starts from investingation that I ruined?
This is what I meant. I do not have time to go look at that trigger
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I gave a perfect walk through
Did he even go inside and talk to the guy before all that
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

Nezzo88

Post by Nezzo88 »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:48 pm I gave a perfect walk through
she just doesn't have this dialoge you showed me. I refuse to investigate the disappearance of people. So the Five Idols starts during the Everything 8n order and I just skipped this quest?
Screenshot_20221108_233516_com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Від раю до пекла покотитись легко~
~Вкаже шлях біда~
~Від пекла до раю я стежок не знаю~
~Не тече зі споду догори вода
~
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

I sent my doc link. Check out all the quest info
Nezzo88

Post by Nezzo88 »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:58 pm I sent my doc link. Check out all the quest info
checked. now I understand even less.
I ended Everything in order without any investigation and Jhaeld don't want to talk to me. In guide there isn't even an option to fail the quest.
Everything in order counted as completed.

The dialogues from the doc just don't shows up. She says the same thing she ends the Of mices and men "Thanks for the help with rodents"

:|
~Вкаже шлях біда~
~
charnameLol
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by charnameLol »

Nezzo88 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:54 pm
CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:48 pm I gave a perfect walk through
she just doesn't have this dialoge you showed me. I refuse to investigate the disappearance of people. So the Five Idols starts during the Everything 8n order and I just skipped this quest? Screenshot_20221108_233516_com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail.jpg
If you go back and talk to Jhaeld what options do you get to choose from? If he talks, than you have to investigate. One way is to ask around in the town if the town folks know of something about the missing people. By ask around, I mean you should talk to every NPC you find. See if this works.

Talk to Jhaeld about your results and see what options he offers. Don't choose an option right there. Go to the witch's house and see if Five idols can be started now. If not, you might have to pick an option offered by Jhaeld and see how that works out.
Nezzo88

Post by Nezzo88 »

charnameLol wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:35 am

Talk to Jhaeld about your results and see what options he offers. Don't choose an option right there. Go to the witch's house and see if Five idols can be started now. If not, you might have to pick an option offered by Jhaeld and see how that works out.
He says smth like "Go away, kiddo" and Everything in order is "Completed" like I refuse to help at all.
I didn't knew there's an option to fail this quest at all.
Five idols just won't start.
~Вкаже шлях біда~
~
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

You have to have completed the "everything in order" quest and gotten to the point where "Jhaeld was really upset that I did not find out anything".... appears in your quest log.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

I checked the quests for a while.
You can ask for gold from Jhaeld for your help. He will deny. If you insist, he won't talk to you no more.
Then you can't further investigate, and also can't talk to Jhaeld about the house on the peninsula.
Then Algangror would never offer the 5 idol quest.
So if you don't help Jhaeld, you won't ever get to the following quests "What is that stench" or "5 idols".
This is probably the case whith Nezzo88. I wouldn't call it a bug, but of course it is not nice. And although I am a fan of "you have to live with the consequences of your doing", this might be a bit too unpredictable.

We might add a solution to this. E.g.
you could go to Jhaeld and excuse yourself a thousand times for being rude, so that Jhaeld talks again
I am not sure if this would work though. It is an old and complex set of quests. We would have to be very cautious not to break anything. So I won't promise anything.
Nut