v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Gamepad support?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Uncubus
android_version: 5.0

Gamepad support?

Post by Uncubus »

Hello. I wonder why there does not seem be controller support or will it be implented someday?
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Gamepad support?

Post by Nut »

It should be supported already in the acual version. Unfortunately noone had ever tested it yet. Maybe you could try?
Nut
Uncubus

Post by Uncubus »

Not exactly. In emulator I could not make it work. Possible to do it with custom keymapping but feels like full controller support would be better.
Uncubus

Post by Uncubus »

I mean I hope you can really consider this seriously. Imagine being able to play on big TV with controller. That's what I'm doing but can't be as good as excellent controller support. Playing on phone with touch cannot beat that imo :)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Uncubus wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:18 am I mean I hope you can really consider this seriously. Imagine being able to play on big TV with controller. That's what I'm doing but can't be as good as excellent controller support. Playing on phone with touch cannot beat that imo :)
Again, we don't have the hardware to conduct such a test. Do you? If so, can you test it?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Uncubus

Post by Uncubus »

I see green border whenever controller is working but often it stops responding. No way to bring up character menu, no way to bring up save menu and such. I must use another key mapping program to make it work okay.
Nut

Post by Nut »

So I assume the controller is working in the map, so that you can run around.
Only the menus or e.g. Inventory screen don't work with the controller. Did I get it right?
Nut
Uncubus

Post by Uncubus »

I can't start the game with controller either. It's pretty much not working. I can't walk either so still need to use other program for it.
Nut

Post by Nut »

OK, I understand now that controllers are supported a bit, but not full enough to be really good.
I have to admit that we don't test the controller support. because no one of our dev team use a controller. And it doesn't have high priority on our todo list. Nevertheless I had added this addition created by a player some time ago, before we updated the engine to actual Android Studio support. Otherwise his work would have been lost completely.
I understand that you can't really use it, but I won't promise that we will enhance it in the near future.
Nut
Uncubus

Post by Uncubus »

Is it much work? The game only requires movement, a couple buttons to bring up menu and return button. Anyway, I really recommend try it yourself with emulator on TV or something like that.