v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Help 2023 april 28th

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Shizzle1337
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Help 2023 april 28th

Post by Shizzle1337 »

So as I said before, your game got a lot more famous and a lot more profitable, the bop aka bureau of prisons aka where all federal inmates go.. which houses 200k plus inmates.. have 2 options.. well there are multiple , but two games that matter.. one is Andors trail and the other is Mindustry.. So are you (the creater) going to submit the upgrade to a newer version of the game to the bop? Because right now as of Dec 2022 tablets are available for purchase , your game that is offered has a few glitches.. the biggest one being , flagstone.. The guard outside does not respond no matter how many times you go up to him.. even after the warden is dead I'm level 70 and I have only a couple quest left to finish. Ofcourse the 200k plus players that just got introduced to your game want to find out the conclusion to your game and find that psychotic brother of his.. see what is up with feyguard and Bridgeport and beyond.. do abunch more quest , ect.. So those of you not in prison. Be grateful you have the freedom to download the newer version when it becomes available.. or get a game upgrade.. but those of us , locked up like myself, I got 17 1.2 years for weed , yes a plant, and yes it's legal in most states .. but it's still a federal offense. So we are here patiently waiting for the upgrade.. please keep us posted and congrats on being the number one downloaded game in federal prison! Fix flagstone please do ;)
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Help 2023 april 28th

Post by Antison »

We don't make any money. Complete non-profit.
We have no knowledge of how this BOP gets our game. We can only assume it's from Google Play. If it's not from Google Play and it's directly from the source code, that might explain why the flagstone prison has a bug. Either way we can't help you.

Go into the "about" screen in the game. At the top it shows the version number. What does yours say?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Flagstone has been in the game for more than a decade. The sentry has a default conversation path that you should get with no requirements at all. However, other conversation paths talk about killing the (former) warden. So it might be that they simply removed the entire conversation tree.

It's an open source game, and I suspect reasons they chose it are that it's free (to them), they can check we didn't put anything malicious in the code, and they can make changes. But even when we have tried to contact them, they just ignore us. Very rude, since they are using, and selling, what we created for free.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I should add that, as far as I know, it's not the bop that profits from this. There are at least two prison supply companies that make the tablets, and load the games on them. One is Walkenhorst. I forget the name of the other.
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Shizzle1337

Post by Shizzle1337 »

On one end , it's exposure on a level that you would never have in a million years and on the other end of that , what abunch of bullshit there making 4 dollars a download and its the biggest, most popular game avaliable on the tablet in the bop 200k people have a list of about 40 games and the others are trash. We have version 8.2 , and it's common that the guard will not speak about anything , other then don't go in there , ect..
Shizzle1337

Post by Shizzle1337 »

Also I have some guys that are trying to petition there game to the bop.. as you mentioned
. Nothing.. not sure who even decides what games get picked.. maybe you got lucky and had some kind of fan.. I suspect you will have more individuals slowly gathering here.. 3 months now.. and they updated the game list only once. I can tell you , that guys with 6 months, guys with life sentences , guys worth 100 million dollars are playing this game now. I hope you are allowed to submit updates , because with nothing to do , and unlimited time. We have pretty much completed Most , if not all the quest. When did you guys become aware your game was being offered in the BOP I know of 600 individuals here in 1 prison out of 122 that paid 4$
Shizzle1337

Post by Shizzle1337 »

The bop sells the tablets , i-score 7 by keefe.. the bop offers movie rentals also. Small amount of games right now. On there private network they run.
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

I don't recall exactly when we first learned the game was in prisons. It may have been state prisons though, not Federal. At least two years ago. We don't get contacted much by prisoners because they have no access to the outside world. We get a few questions relayed to us by wives, girlfriends, etc. I don't know how you are doing it.

I expect that they chose AT because it's open source, so they can check for stuff in the code, and modify it if they want. But I'm sure bop is not the one actually doing that. The Flagstone issue is an example. The sentry talks about killing the ex-warden. Even though he's undead. They didn't want that, so they removed it. There is nothing we can do about that. We also have no ability to submit updates. They don't talk to us, they just take the game.

I hope they at least leave the credits screen in place. Removing that would be a violation of our license.
Shizzle1337

Post by Shizzle1337 »

You guys are on it. And most of us in the feds have phones, the federal prison is not like Morgan freeman in now you see me.. but we have access to a lot of things.. I know 3 guys in the prison I'm at with phones , if caught its just a bullshit write -up anyways, your 100% in the credits .. I know that in the coming months you will get more people coming here , because tablets are sold out as soon as they get them. So basically more people will download your game. They will also come to the conclusion that mindistry and your game are the only challenging ones. It makes sense now that you said it , about killing the warden.. that is actually funny as he'll and ironic , ofcourae the bop didn't want that narrative lol.. anyways you should put up a donation list so we can help you guys out , with servers and your time. I promise you, your game will get a ton of exposure.. keep up the good work. We appreciate it
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Since you have time on your hands, there's a few things you can do:

1) Try different builds. Players have come up with some very inventive variations. Some are much harder to play with than others. "Way Of The Monk" is probably the hardest. You can only use cloth armor, and no weapons. An example is to figure out how to use the necklace of the undead. Several players swear by it.

2) There are different play modes. Standard is infinite lives, the hardest is one life (permadeath). We have many players that go with permadeath because of the challenge (and the bragging rights if you get through everything).

3) The very rare extraordinary and legendary drop items: https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?t=703. These were added as collectors items, and some players with time on their hands (e.g. a long train commute) go after them. We had one player that managed to get five of everything :shock: The Ring of lesser Shadow is the best ring in the game, and the rapier of lifesteal is very good. Some are not very good though, just collectors items.