Andor's Trail v0.8.5 (Ratdom) is released now!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Re: Andor's Trail v0.8.5 (Ratdom) is released now!

Post by Nut »

For every new release we give hints where to start it in the announcement post. For Ratdom this is viewtopic.php?t=7564
From your post iI read that you have every prerequisite quest. Also 9000 gold?
Then go home and take a nap.

Information about new quests in other previous releases you'll find in the according announcement.
Nut
jnedenrod
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by jnedenrod »

Thx. Got it.
Revreboot
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Revreboot »

Thanks and well done on this new content. I really enjoyed the maze and the puzzles!
I thought I'd finished the quest until I read the walk through and discovered everything I'd missed. Don't think I'd ever have worked out for myself the bit about
dropping the cheese
. :roll:
Anyway, thanks again and I'll look forward to the next release.
Rev
Miker1029

Post by Miker1029 »

I have a (maybe stupid) question!

By lodars quest, do you mean ALL the potions sub quests?

I finally killed Hira'zinn, which basically I had to die to get back out, so I headed to Vileguard, to do that, And ran into a specs debate (8 pages) on Xul'vir...

So I guess basically the question is as far as lodar quest:

A creeping fear
The way is through
Lodars potions

Do I have to complete those to get to Ratdom?

I was just gonna hold on to the sword and crystals and make a decision later, but if I have to complete the above that's not gonna work... I do have a before and after saved...

Any help appreciated,
Mike
Popping snakes and puppies like balloons!
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Post by tactical371 »

Miker1029 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:31 pm I have a (maybe stupid) question!

I finally killed Hira'zinn, which basically I had to die to get back out, so I headed to Vileguard, to do that, And ran into a specs debate (8 pages) on Xul'vir...

A creeping fear
The way is through
Lodars potions

I was just gonna hold on to the sword and crystals and make a decision later, but if I have to complete the above that's not gonna work... I do have a before and after saved...

Any help appreciated,
Mike
I already forgot why, but I think Lodar's name or one of his potions comes up during the ratdom quest. So there is a reason why you need to unlock the ability to purchase potions from Lodar. The Charwood area quests are important for a similar reason; I think Charwood cheese comes up in the Ratdom quest.
tactical371

Post by tactical371 »

Nut wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:58 am Hello adventurers,

we have another new version for you (v0.8.5 Ratdom) :D
  • We have a huge new area with 139 new maps and 3 new quests:
    A big quest in a rat world and two other small quests you will find on your way.

This section is more for high-level players: the quests Lodar, Charwood, Colonel Lutarc and the starter quests Prohibited Substance and Rat Infestation are mandatory.
    Do you have these and also 9000 gold pieces with you, then you can dive into the new adventure.
    Just go home and take a nap - it's not really going to be refreshing...

You will find many new maps arranged as a maze. This area looks and feels different than the rest of Andor's path. It will also be a challenge for the high-level players who just run through new areas with no effort.
    (The scope took a long time to create, so don't expect to finish it in a few hours.)

A rat named Clevred will accompany you even though you don't see it. It's small enough to hide in your pocket or carry around. But he will talk to you, sometimes randomly, sometimes giving advice.
  • The loss of XP in case of death is now 20% instead of 30%
  • It is now possible to have your raw meat cooked by Gison's son Gael and in Remgard.
  • We added the new Polished ring of the Protector in Remgard, and flipped the places of sale of the Guardian and Protector rings.
  • Several other adjustments, not worth to list them all here
  • And as always, we've fixed some minor bugs and updated the translations.

Here is is the link on our server: https://andorstrail.com/static/AndorsTrail_v0.8.5.apk
Google Play, F-Droid and Itch will follow soon.

Have fun!

PS
I might be too harsh, so we added an early exit to the quest so you can come out and complete the quest even if you didn't actually reach the end.

PSS
We also gave new characters a default boost in block chance
Is there no way to add a warning for players who do not want to start the quest at this time? Example- if you rest in this bed, you will begin a long quest that must be completed before returning to normal gameplay. Please make sure that you have a backup save file in the event that you want to leave the quest area before completion. Do you still want to begin the quest? Yes No
Miker1029

Post by Miker1029 »

tactical371 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:41 pm
Miker1029 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:31 pm I have a (maybe stupid) question!

A creeping fear
The way is through
Lodars potions

Any help appreciated,
Mike
I already forgot why, but I think Lodar's name or one of his potions comes up during the ratdom quest. So there is a reason why you need to unlock the ability to purchase potions from Lodar. The Charwood area quests are important for a similar reason; I think Charwood cheese comes up in the Ratdom quest.
OK that, I'll just finish them out and head for ratdom.

Thanks for the info

Mike
Miker1029

Post by Miker1029 »

tactical371 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:47 pm

A big quest in a rat world and two other small quests you will find on your way.

This section is more for high-level players: the quests Lodar, Charwood, Colonel Lutarc and the starter quests Prohibited Substance and Rat Infestation are mandatory.
    Do you have these and also 9000 gold pieces with you, then you can dive into the new adventure.

You will find many new maps arranged as a maze. This area looks and feels different than the rest of Andor's path. It will also be a challenge for the high-level players who just run through new areas with no effort.
    (The scope took a long time to create, so don't expect to finish it in a few hours.)

A rat named Clevred will accompany you even though you don't see it. It's small enough to hide in your pocket or carry around. But he will talk to you, sometimes randomly, sometimes giving advice.
  • It is now possible to have your raw meat cooked by Gison's son Gael and in Remgard.
  • We added the new Polished ring of the Protector in Remgard, and flipped the places of sale of the Guardian and Protector rings.

Here is is the link on our server: https://andorstrail.com/static/AndorsTrail_v0.8.5.apk

Have fun!

PS
I might be too harsh, so we added an early exit to the quest so you can come out and complete the quest even if you didn't actually reach the end.

PSS
Is there no way to add a warning for players who do not want to start the quest at this time? Example- if you rest in this bed, you will begin a long quest that must be completed before returning to normal gameplay. Please make sure that you have a backup save file in the event that you want to leave the quest area before completion. Do you still want to begin the quest? Yes No
Lol I made that mistake with the first lodars quest!! slept in his bed!!

Second time I completed the quest but had to off myself to get back!
tactical371

Post by tactical371 »

Miker1029 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:32 pm

Have fun!

PS

PSS

I remember getting stuck in Lodar's area too for a brief time. There is a shortcut out of the area (past where the boss monster was), but I feel like the monsters down that path are even harder than the ones that you find in the maze. So if you are having trouble going down that path and not dying, you can go through the maze, and monsters will get weaker as you progress back towards the entrance. Otherwise, you can save time by taking the shortcut, but you might have more difficulty with the monsters.

If you are stuck regardless, you can always do some grinding at the monsters near lodar's cave, sleep to restore health, and repeat until you do have the stats to get back. If you do not have 1 skill point in the regeneration perk, you may want to get it in the future. More than 1 skill point to it is overkill, but 1 skill point can save your life- more than 1 skill point just saves you time.

Also, just remember that the OP said that the ratdom quests are for high level players. If you are still in the level 30s, you may or may not want to rush to do the ratdom quests... there are lots of other quests and areas to do in the game.
Miker1029

Post by Miker1029 »

tactical371 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:41 pm
Miker1029 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:32 pm

I remember getting stuck in Lodar's area too for a brief time. There is a shortcut out of the area (past where the boss monster was), but I feel like the monsters down that path are even harder than the ones that you find in the maze. So if you are having trouble going down that path and not dying, you can go through the maze, and monsters will get weaker as you progress back towards the entrance. Otherwise, you can save time by taking the shortcut, but you might have more difficulty with the monsters.

If you are stuck regardless, you can always do some grinding at the monsters near lodar's cave, sleep to restore health, and repeat until you do have the stats to get back. If you do not have 1 skill point in the regeneration perk, you may want to get it in the future. More than 1 skill point to it is overkill, but 1 skill point can save your life- more than 1 skill point just saves you time.
Ya I've done lodars a bunch of times...

The back way out is harder then going back the way I came in.

tried it, and believe I wanted to see where the shortcut came out!

so I went back till Ii reset in vingard.

I'll obviously have to be doing it again to get ratdom.

I'm up to 900 BM positions, originally went in with 350.

Been grinding for RoLs, so making some cash...