Critical Resistance instead of Critical Immunity?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Winterfall_0
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Critical Resistance instead of Critical Immunity?

Post by Winterfall_0 »

Hi hi, i've been lurking in this forum for a while. I don't find a lot of discussions on this topic, so i decided to make one.

Personally, i always consider resistance to be a better, or a more interesting design than immunity in most occasions. Why? Because resistances challenge the player to adapt with all the options they currently have, while immunities simply remove a certain option. Imagine encountering an enemy, where instead of trying to effectively use debuffs and stuns, you're suddenly forced to focus purely on raw damage.

Fortunately, this isn't a very signficant problem in Andor's trail, since the majority of the enemies are not immune to critical. However, some of the major enemies,
including hirathils, hira'zinn, and lava entities
are immune to criticals. It is also true that i can always switch my gears whenever i encounter an enemy with critical immunity, however, there is no option to switch my skills. So, if i have a character with internal bleeding, i'm basically fighting with 7 less skill points whenever i face an enemy with critical immunity.

Here is the point: A build that focuses on attack speed (eg. quickstrike dagger) will have a disadvantage against enemies with high damage resistance, and a build that focuses more on damage will have a disadvantage against enemies with high block chance. With that in mind, why not make it so a build that focuses on critical will simply have a disadvantage against certain enemies, instead of having their main gimmicks simply removed.

What i propose is that instead of a complete immunity to criticals, certain enemies will instead have a less chance to be inflicted with critical hits, and each critical hit will inflict less extra damage. This also allows more flexibilites on how resistant the enemies are to criticals, where the relatively weaker enemies have around 20%-50% resistance, while their stronger counterparts have 60%-80% resistance, similar to how the relatively stronger enemies tends to have noticably more DR and block chance than their weaker counterpart (eg. Arulir vs Demonic Arulir)
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Critical Resistance instead of Critical Immunity?

Post by rijackson741 »

Sorry, but this issue was visited maybe 10 years ago, so we are not going to change how crits work. We need to work on content, not how the details of the game engine works. They are certainly not perfect, but they are not the highest priority.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Winterfall_0
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Critical Resistance instead of Critical Immunity?

Post by Winterfall_0 »

That is very understandable. Thanks for all of your team's hardwork, this is a wonderful game that has entertained me since 2016