New BOP update

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
SeraphTheOne
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: New BOP update

Post by SeraphTheOne »

I talked to everyone there was to talk to, touched every wall. Even equipped the ⛏️ to see if that would do it. I'm coming up blank on this one. Come on Nut! Give up the goods. Ha.
Level: 75, XP: 8897768, Gold: 196187
HP: 190, AC: 302, AD: 45-84, AP: 4, ECC: 17, CM: 2, BC: 310, DR: 3
ElyR: 1, RoLS: 2, RoL: 1, All Extraordinary Items.
Completed Quests: All Posible, Places Visited: All Possible, Monster Kills: 67506
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Take a look at the AT directory
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

The dictionary isn't much help here :twisted:
As I said, you have missed something, which I have to admit is easy to miss.
You either give up finding it or you have to use an even older savegame e.g. where
you didn't enter the museum yet
Nut
SeraphTheOne

Post by SeraphTheOne »

Yeah I'm lost. I read the directory. No help there. When I tried to bypass the museum and enter the passage that leads to Freido I was not allowed. It was when I bribed Wart that he allowed me to talk to Freido. There was no way around entering the museum. I see the skeleton of King Rah on the directory map, but he wasn't there any of the times I went there in any sequence I went. The only thing I didn't do was kill Freido so I don't know what could have come after that. I doubt anyone will get the sword cause it seems vaguely impossible to get unless you are a dev and know the exact order to play.
Completed Quests: All Posible, Places Visited: All Possible, Monster Kills: 67506
Shizzle1337

Post by Shizzle1337 »

Lol abunch inmates with phones I love it.. so what's new bro I still can't go to feygard or anything but I got the update
Winston Smith
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Winston Smith »

Getting the sword required a lot of effort (and even research) for me, so I'll give you a partial hint - this will get you as far as I was when I started asking about it here on the forum.
When you first meet Fraedro (who, I'll remind you, is a rat) he tells you that he's starving. If you offer him the right kind of food, he'll reward you for it.
Note that this can only be done before you decide Fraedro's fate, and you've already played beyond that point, so you need to start from a save prior to that. But it's possible to meet Fraedro and leave him without making that final choice, and then visit him again later.
Antison wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:55 pm Like I said, he's evil. It's not going to be entirely intuitive.
Frankly, having been through the whole sequence, I found it very non-intuitive. There are at least two major logical leaps required, and you must do both of them without knowing where they finally lead to, unless you've been spoiled on it.

Edit: That's not to say that it's not a good puzzle to solve - it's just missing a strong enough "hook" to get the player to start acting on it.
SeraphTheOne

Post by SeraphTheOne »

I agree. There is nothing that gives you a hint this can be done. I have figured it out on another save game. Leaving cheese behind even though you wouldn't know why you would have to do that, just to come around and pick it up on the other side to feed Freido. And the sword of course is a two hand weapon like almost every other drop in the game that I can't use. Since a good 95 percent of the weapon drops are two handed, maybe I should build a two handed character. Nah.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Hi, I seriously doubt your numbers are correct that 95% of weapon drops are two-handed. In fact, I think it's quite the contrary.
And by the way, a two-handed build can be fun
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Hanzo
android_version: 2.0

Post by Hanzo »

SeraphTheOne wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:44 am Lol. Last night I started the quest with my 51st level character to the same result. Right before I fought the Roundlings I tried to pull the sword out. Nothing. After fighting and getting the artifact. Nothing. At no point during the quest does it let me pull the sword. I tried at every sequence with two characters.

On another note. What's up with all those Ogres? I beaf all of them( big green one included) until they stopped coming. Was there supposed to be a drop it something? Seemed kinda pointless. Or is it a grind spot?
you have to
give a cheese to Fraedo so that he will give you a password to get the sword, after giving the magic word/password you will fight King Rah and get the sword
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Shizzle1337 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:42 pm Lol abunch inmates with phones I love it.. so what's new bro I still can't go to feygard or anything but I got the update
At this point, nobody can get to Feygard (or Nor City).
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1