Less grinding and more quests — great progress!

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Canuck
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Less grinding and more quests — great progress!

Post by Canuck »

It's great to come back after a few years and see all the progress with the game.

I left before because I got tired of all the grinding (killing the same monsters repeatedly for meat, drops, and/or XP)— if I'm going to spend hours doing something tedious, I want to be paid for it. Now there are many more quests (even at low levels), so you can make it beyond level 30 with very little grinding. That's a big improvement in gameplay.

Congrats to all the contributors!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Less grinding and more quests — great progress!

Post by Antison »

That was our goal 3 years ago so it's nice to hear a player say our efforts worked.

Welcome back
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

I've just hit the point where the game is starting to feel like dull grinding again. Up to level 36 (permadeath), I couldn't wait to take out my phone and play, and was spending way too much time. Now my character is in Remgard and is facing two quests that require travelling all the way back to the opposite end of the map, then back again (in at least one case). That just sounds like a dull 45 minutes which I could spend doing better things.

As I posted earlier, contributors — all voluteers — have done amazing work on the game so that it's fun and exciting up to this point, and I know there's more excitement ahead in later quests and caves, but Remgard feels like a bit of a dead spot that could use some TLC as community development continues.

I might pause soon and come back again in a couple of years. Cheers, everyone!
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

I'll qualify my last post -- taking a turn east into the
Arulir cave
on the return journey from Remgard looks like it will provide a bit of a challenge.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Canuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:40 pm I've just hit the point where the game is starting to feel like dull grinding again. Up to level 36 (permadeath), I couldn't wait to take out my phone and play, and was spending way too much time. Now my character is in Remgard and is facing two quests that require travelling all the way back to the opposite end of the map, then back again (in at least one case). That just sounds like a dull 45 minutes which I could spend doing better things.

As I posted earlier, contributors — all voluteers — have done amazing work on the game so that it's fun and exciting up to this point, and I know there's more excitement ahead in later quests and caves, but Remgard feels like a bit of a dead spot that could use some TLC as community development continues.

I might pause soon and come back again in a couple of years. Cheers, everyone!
2 things to call out.
1. Permadeath is a different animal. We as a dev team don't worry about the grind centered around permadeath
2. The back and forth to Remgard from BWM has been there for 10 years and will not change. Plus that trip actually helps to minimize the grind
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Of course. The same applies to non-permadeath. As the game develops, I know the contributors will want to keep filling in dull spots (as you have with more quests for the earlier levels and Sullengard for the higher ones). Just pointing out that I hit one of those dull spots in the mid 30s, around Remgard. I know things will keep improving. Cheers.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

There will be more content around he Remgard area, fairly soon. But I think that after that we are done with Remgard. We need to move onto other things.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1