Andor's Trail v0.8.7 released (translations)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
TheGx
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Andor's Trail v0.8.7 released (translations)

Post by TheGx »

Antison wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:05 pm
TheGx wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:02 am Inching closer and closer to the end haha...
The Sullengard Ravine? Watch out! Don't fall in! :mrgreen:
Can this be foreshadowing...foreSHADOWing? Hahaha :D
Lvl:80 XP:9281639 AP:14 HP:110 AC:329 AD:69-92 CHS:25 CM:0.0 ECC:0% BC:127 DR:3
WA:2 HH:2 DG:2 MC:1 CS:2 IF:1 RG:1 2HW:5 DW:3 W&S:1 LA:2
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1
kuruluu
android_version: 8.0

Post by kuruluu »

I know you said that this is your final word so I probably won't be getting a reply. I don't want to argue, and to me this theorizing what is better and worse is really fun.

I'm not sure why Giant's Flail is brought up as you can still use it with Marrowtaint+YN+Combat speed (though Giant's Flail kinda sucks in terms of everything lol). I'm mostly going to be comparing YN-Olwyn's curse vs Crit builds, and in the case that I'm just restating common knowledge, my bad.

Olwyn's-YN is really fun, but I can't say it was broken, and that it without considering that you have to work for YN. Two hits is really strong, but crit builds generally have more damage output (in my opinion). Dagger of Shadow Priests is even more broken with the 3x crit multiplier, allowing high base damage builds to thrive (I'm about level 73 with 46 base attack damage). There is an argument that crit builds are inconsistent, but you can reach 25% effect crit chance easily, and with hitting 4 times in a round, I wouldn't say so.

If you consider that YN is a legendary, I'd say it is even more fair. Crit builds are accessible from level 30 and after you unlock Dagger of Shadow Priests + Assassin's blade/Pretty much any other 4 AP weapon. YN you have to be mediocrely geared and need to have completed the stuff with Lodar.

This next point really isn't that important, but I wanted to talk about Cleave. Cleave is one of the most fun skills and is also just amazing QoL when you don't feel like having to fight each enemy one at a time. You need level 3 Cleave to refund a single hit with Olwyn's-YN, so although Cleave is usable (at level 2), it is so difficult to get that amazing feeling of just clearing multiple enemies at once (mainly referring to enemies with high BC, or Arulir-ish health).

Again, I could be in the wrong and maybe it's just my specific stats, but man I feel like Crit builds should have been hit instead of Olwyn's-YN. If anyone else wants to present their comparisons, I would love to read it!
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Strong counter by kuruluu. I amin total agreement. Once an item has made into the release its important any changes should be made after proper feedback because of the time that goes into earning them. Given legendary status its even more unfortunate. It took me a lot of efforts to have it. And now, reading its downgrade leaves a disappointment. I hope changes remain as is! It has no impact on balance or difficulty. Dual wielding of weapons with high and unusual stats should also be encouraged with such new weapons Olwyn is not something normally finds a "use case" for players until one has a reason to experiment with it. Like Olwyn's-YN combo as nicely explained by kuruluu
Usirim2
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Usirim2 »

Since the legendary items are not necessary to survive (in) the game, any possible changes may happen (or not), sine the game is after all in development.
Recently I stumbled over a post where another player praises a special two handed axe, so I decide to create a new Char and use either the greataxe of shattered hope (or the Shadow of the slayer). In combo with Shadowstalker enemies may suffer from two different conditions. Thats real nice.
I fell in love with dealing conditions and see them as a great enhancment of the game mechanism (even whem suffering myself).
So I stay courious to upcoming surprises and won't look back too long
rusdisas
android_version: 5.0

Post by rusdisas »

Daren Crowlen wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:34 pm no more reviews of "need Indonesian Translation" in play store (i hope so)
Wow it's actually actually completed 😳
Thank you so much!! 👍 will try to look it up
I hope there will be a good quarterstaff weapon someday
aaron-fawcett
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by aaron-fawcett »

What will be in the next game update?
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

You know I saw your name and I knew what your question was going to be before I even saw the post.
We've got a project that's going to be in beta very very soon.
And I'm not going to answer your question as it's way too much of a spoiler
"A home without a beagle is just a house"