Andor's Trail v0.8.7 released (translations)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Re: Andor's Trail v0.8.7 released (translations)

Post by tactical371 »

I suppose that in theory, people who do not like this update can choose not to upgrade their game. Or they can go to the github source code, fork it, change the weapon stat back to what they want, make an apk from that source code, download it, and play that version of the game themselves. That is in theory one of the beauties of FOSS software; if the maintainers make a decision that you do not like, you can make your own repository and make your own decisions regarding it. Since I doubt that changing the weapon stat would break the game, you could probably even keep your repository up-to-date with the main branch in all other ways.

That is at least the case for the code itself. Some of the art assets might not be under permissive or copyleft licenses (I do not know which, if any). Those assets might need to be replaced, and you would need to investigate that in order to avoid a copyright violation. It might be easier for people who do not like this change to just download the old apk version / choose not to upgrade.
Daren Crowlen
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Daren Crowlen »

Wait, so player who want to tweak weapons by code could make it's stats itself ??
The glow of the Shadow guides my path. It follows me wherever I go, and aids the dangers against me that others might not see. I am Shadow, and Shadow is in me.
Usirim2
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Usirim2 »

So the dices are cast. :D
One of my many opinions about AT is, leave the final decissions to the devs
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Anyone had this instance of slowing down or random stuttering for few seconds? Had 4 times in and around the starting areas (overground)

Running on Mi A1 Anroid 9.

This has happened in the past (ONLY beta updates) but ws fine in the past few updates until current beta update same random stuttering was experienced for no reason. It's random.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Did you already switch off the quality filters in the settings? That might help
Nut
Omicronrg9
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by Omicronrg9 »

Osho wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:48 am Anyone had this instance of slowing down or random stuttering for few seconds? Had 4 times in and around the starting areas (overground)

Running on Mi A1 Anroid 9.

This has happened in the past (ONLY beta updates) but ws fine in the past few updates until current beta update same random stuttering was experienced for no reason. It's random.
Generally I suffer from similar stuff at unpredictable places. It might have to be with how AT handles certain threads but probably Richard knows a lot more than me about that. Disabling animations is probably the only "solution" (it's a high price to pay if you are used to animations) to these random unfortunate events as of today.

Kind regards,
Omicronrg9.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Nut wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:52 am Did you already switch off the quality filters in the settings? That might help
I always play with degault settings.

Only theme (obsidian) and quick slot position (bottom left) are changed. Rest are kept exactly the way default is! In past few BETA updates had zero issues with above changes; until now

Fortunately the final version has been fine. So something changes when beta is released
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Best do switch off the quality filters.
It makes more often problems than that it helps.
We already have thought to disable it in the settings as default.
Nut
TheGx
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by TheGx »

Inching closer and closer to the end haha...
Lvl:80 XP:9281639 AP:14 HP:110 AC:329 AD:69-92 CHS:25 CM:0.0 ECC:0% BC:127 DR:3
WA:2 HH:2 DG:2 MC:1 CS:2 IF:1 RG:1 2HW:5 DW:3 W&S:1 LA:2
RoLS:1 ElyR:1 RoL:1 HoF:1 ChaR:1 GoLF:1 ShaF:1 SRoV:1 VSH:3 WMC:1 GoW:1 BD:1 HS:1 WoB:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

TheGx wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:02 am Inching closer and closer to the end haha...
The Sullengard Ravine? Watch out! Don't fall in! :mrgreen:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"