Andor's Trail v0.8.7 released (translations)

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Andor's Trail v0.8.7 released (translations)

Post by Nut »

here is a new release for you (v0.8.7) :)
  • Exchange of a deprecated java library
  • New translations, especially Indonesian is complete now - special thanks to Darren!
    We added Indonesian to the list of languages to choose.
  • And as always we've fixed some minor bugs and typos.
This time there is no new content, but some small important internal technical changes.

Here is is the link on our server: static/AndorsTrail_v0.8.7.apk
Google Play, F-Droid and Itch will follow soon.
Nut
Omicronrg9
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Re: Andor's Trail v0.8.7 released (translations)

Post by Omicronrg9 »

Looking forward to the next delicious content release!
Daren Crowlen
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Daren Crowlen »

no more reviews of "need Indonesian Translation" in play store (i hope so)
The glow of the Shadow guides my path. It follows me wherever I go, and aids the dangers against me that others might not see. I am Shadow, and Shadow is in me.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Daren Crowlen wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:34 pm no more reviews of "need Indonesian Translation" in play store (i hope so)
I don't recall seeing one.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut

Post by Nut »

Oh, last ask for it in Google Play was end of June. I didn't scroll further ... :mrgreen:

I didn't know Indonesia was so widely spoken, but Wikipedia just has told me:
Indonesia is the fourth most populous nation in the world, with over 270 million[10] inhabitants of which the majority speak Indonesian, which makes it one of the most widely spoken languages in the world
Nut
kuruluu

Post by kuruluu »

It seems like Yczorah's Nucleus was also nerfed in this update from +2 AP to +1 AP. Ruined the interaction with Olwyn's curse which was a really really fun build :(
Antison

Post by Antison »

Yes, yes it was as it was extremely overpowered for the exact reason you specified and even more with the Giant's Flail.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

kuruluu wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:00 am It seems like Yczorah's Nucleus was also nerfed in this update from +2 AP to +1 AP. Ruined the interaction with Olwyn's curse which was a really really fun build :(
Fun is misinterpreted by some as overpowered even after knowing how much player has to work hard to earn Yczorah. Even the update where this weapon was introduced clearly says, "you should have developed your hero well before daring deep into the depths of the Elm mine..." then why should there be any downgrade just because player found a way to enjoy and experiment with it?

Unfair. Doesn't make sense.

https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?t=7232
Usirim2
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by Usirim2 »

Antison wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:02 am Yes, yes it was as it was extremely overpowered for the exact reason you specified and even more with the Giant's Flail.
I have to disagree.
Equipping with the most powerfull 2handed sword (sword of assimilation, iirc) gives similar damage and the (old) advantages can't compensate the disadvanteges from any combinations with Yczorah (imho).
I say: If the devs decide to balance gameplay, give more monsters the ability to inflict effects or increse chances a bit.
Where is the combo Giant flail and Yczorah usefull (don't forget - the player has only ONE attack per round - if any at all)? Only with monsters with high live points. This monsters (at least the interesting ones) could lower max ap and thats a game changing effect, which is enough to counter this weapon combo.
I don't use this weapon combo on regular base (if I do, then just for fun and quickly drop this combo), nethertheless I was the one who posted the damage values for some weapon combos.
As long as a Char is not at high level and has high BC (around/over 220 points) so that monsters needes a "lucky hit" to inflict effects, the game was in a good balance.
And when a Char has such high BC the Char is simply overpowered for the game - as some may say. Which means, any powerfull weapon means to be overpowered.
So why the change at all?
Antison

Post by Antison »

This is the final word from me on this topic.
Both weapons were never intended to be items to be equipped full-time without the consequences and the challenges that they bring to the table when you decide to use them.
The YN was a mistake as it enabled these two items to be used full-time and in an overpowered mode.
Due to the fact that the YN negates the majority of the side effects or downsides to using both of those weapons.
We are sorry for your inconvenience and unhappiness but this was simply righting a wrong. The YN should never have given +2 AP