SPRITE IDEAS

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
NewbNewb
android_version: 8.0

SPRITE IDEAS

Post by NewbNewb »

So, since I have some free time to make some sprites for this game, I would like to know request and ideas of other players. I already made some before (not sure if they use it).

MONSTER-
Some monster ideas that people think of. Could be animals, undead, dragons anything really.

HUMANS-
Some human ideas, could be enemies or NPCs. Maybe human with jobs or specialty.

TREES-
Different type of trees are amazing to see in the game, but more creative.

OBSTACLES-
Similar to trees are obstacles, smaller but can improve the look of some scenarios.

ITEMS-
Items like consumables, weapons or just quest items.

If some also have any ideas of changing the already existing items, I'm down for it. Change the models of existing monster to make them more unique.
I can't code them in the game, but just make sprites for them.

Any idea is appreciated.
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Re: SPRITE IDEAS

Post by tactical371 »

I think some of the monsters have the same sprites, even though they are different creatures. I have to look into it though.
NewbNewb

Post by NewbNewb »

tactical371 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:18 am I think some of the monsters have the same sprites, even though they are different creatures.
They do, thats why I want to change some, specially with one type monsters.

Like Jackal
GOLDEN JACKAL.png
or Giant snake
GIANT SNAKE.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NewbNewb

Post by NewbNewb »

Just to be clear, I'm asking for others idea to make sprites for them.
Raphi
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Raphi »

Thank you for your offer!

So what I would love to see is a wider variation in animals generally. Like pet dogs, some more cats or also farm animals like chicken, ducks or cows.
What I am personally missing right now for my own project are goats or chamoises.

When it comes to humans, there is definetely a lack of different farmers. Mabye even some with tools in their hand would be great.
Or simply different regular citizens to populate the upcoming towns.

If you could do item sprites as well, I'd be happy about different meat images to e.g. differ between regular meat and snake meat better. Also to add new types of meat.
Animal parts in general are always great, or mabye even sea stuff like shells or more fish.

Another thing I just thought of are raw ores for the mines we have. Finding clean metal bars deep inside a mine seems not that realistic to me :lol:
Lvl: 68, XP: 5705044, Gold: 104341, RoLS: 1
Hp: 244, AC: 282, AD: 20-31, BC: 157, DR: 6
Hat o t protector
Knight's hauberk
JoF
LifeTaker
Blade o t protector
Ring o t protector
RolS
Gloves o t guardian
Boots o t Globetrotter
NewbNewb

Post by NewbNewb »

Raphi wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:21 am Thank you for your offer!

So what I would love to see is a wider variation in animals generally. Like pet dogs, some more cats or also farm animals like chicken, ducks or cows.
What I am personally missing right now for my own project are goats or chamoises.

If you could do item sprites as well, I'd be happy about different meat images to e.g. differ between regular meat and snake meat better. Also to add new types of meat.
Animal parts in general are always great, or mabye even sea stuff like shells or more fish.

Another thing I just thought of are raw ores for the mines we have. Finding clean metal bars deep inside a mine seems not that realistic to me :lol:
I already made some before and sent here already. But here are some for items.
ITE.png
Some I already made before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raphi
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Raphi »

Ooh great! Yeah they look very fitting, thank you very much!

To the AT Dev team: May I simply implement them in my version and then commit them on GitHub when my project is done?
Lvl: 68, XP: 5705044, Gold: 104341, RoLS: 1
Hp: 244, AC: 282, AD: 20-31, BC: 157, DR: 6
Hat o t protector
Knight's hauberk
JoF
LifeTaker
Blade o t protector
Ring o t protector
RolS
Gloves o t guardian
Boots o t Globetrotter
tactical371
android_version: 2.0

Post by tactical371 »

If I recall correctly, the sprites for wild boars and anklebiters are identical. It might be good to distinguish them from each other.

I do not know if you are familiar with f-droid or with the concept of "free as in speech" software or whatever, but I believe that andor's trail is labelled as having the "non-free assets" anti-feature in f-droid. I would have to do some research on which assets are under a "free" license and which assets are under a "non-free" license. But if "non-free" graphics are replaced by "free" graphics, that would potentially make andor's trail more visible on f-droid, at the very least.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

We are not using any "non-free" images. I have no idea what you're talking about with F-droid
"A home without a beagle is just a house"