Could it be possible to export a character file itself?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Grawmpy
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Could it be possible to export a character file itself?

Post by Grawmpy »

I'm not talking about exporting the save games, only the character. I would love to play a character that I've been spending hours building, grinding away so that you get the best equipment and then you finish...and then what. You can turn around and start over with a new character, but wouldn't it be fun once in a while to save a really good character to run through again and again? Could you do the same with the character file with stats and equipment and make that exportable and importable into a new game with a new world? Yes, I know, where's the fun in that? I think if you had a poll of an option I believe this is one that would get plenty of votes. When it was possible to edit the games hex file it was easy to start a game this way by editing a few lines of code, but since the overhaul I cant do that any more. If not the player and equipment, maybe just the player with the higher stats. Please consider?
Name: Grawmpy
Level: 42, Total XP: 1317231, XP: 7076 HP: 110, AD: 41-56, AP: 4, ECC: 31%, CM: 4.5, BC: 100, DR: 4 Gold: 365320 | RoLS: 2, RoL: 1 :evil:
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Could it be possible to export a character file itself?

Post by Osho »

Are you saying we can't replace and change the values of any item using hex editor? I haven't checked it but its disappointing if this exploit is blocked

Regarding character file, what do you mean? Restart a new game with the stats/items of old character? Though I support freedom to play anyhow but this feature would make sense if the world isn't static and has something interesting for importing a character to new game. I don't see the point here
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

What??

And by the way, you can still edit the file.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

There are games where you can replay the whole content again with your character. In difference to just start a new game you still have something, e.g. some skills or items. Often the monsters are now a bit harder...

Andor's Trail wasn't designed for that. But I like that idea too, and maybe we find a way to integrate this possibility.
Nut
Antison

Post by Antison »

What's the point? Just keep your existing character and start a new one. Why reset with the same character? So you can feel god-like?
Nut

Post by Nut »

There are many different ways to play the game, and also different likings. I would never play permadeath, others love it. So why not consider such a replay if possible with reaonable work?
Nut
Antison

Post by Antison »

I'm not not considering it. I'm questioning it.
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

NG+ is a fairly common thing in RPGs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Game_Plus

I think it would be something to consider only after 1.0 is released though. At that point we should have an idea of where characters will end at, as far as level/power; that should make it easier to balance.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

NG+ is waste of time IMO

AT workd is locked and scripted. Will new game drastically change the world and items to match the character and difficulty level?
Game doesn't have large set of skill tree or features either. It largely revolves around DR, BC and AC.
There's only one reason for NG+ if the skill levels cap are completely removed. If I start new game with level 60 character then I should be allowed to have bark skin without any restrictions. Including skills like quick learner for faster progression.
NewbNewb

Post by NewbNewb »

The game doesn't really work well with high lvl character at rthe start. There isn't much new things to experience. Most of the content here can be easily completed with higher stats, and would not offer anything new. The only possble new experience is with different builds, but would not be impactful since you already too much stats and wouldn't matter.

Not mentioning that it is already really easy to get high stats at the early game and would stagnate at around lvl 30+. Its also an open world, and most of the items and dungeons would be meaningless if you already have the items that can be obtain.

If there is more skills or mechanics available, or choices like guilds and masteries this would be a great implementation.