Lv 30 grinding and healing options

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Milo Hiroya
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Lv 30 grinding and healing options

Post by Milo Hiroya »

Where is the optimal exp grinding place for lv30 without using too many potions? Also which healing options are you using? Carrying 100 boneneals is risky now, but I don't want to put my permadeath character in a difficult position with weak healing items either.
Osho

Re: Lv 30 grinding and healing options

Post by Osho »

Losers use bonemeals.
There are a number of ways to obtain healing items for free.

Here's an earlier post where I offer details on good monster drops worth grinding for gold after level 30. As you develop your character there are other difficult areas (like green cave, remgard troll cave, etc) with higher value items but their drop rates also significantly reduce.
Gargoyle cave and an old cave located exactly above floaming flask tavern is the best place for collecting healing potions drops in good quantities.
Since new update allows to cook meat then you can collect lots of raw meat and make money from selling them too.

Regarding experience grinding. This is easy to know. Every area with difficult monsters above your average levels will provide experience. So there are many locations to grind across the map. Just venture these areas and see if you are able to grind without failing frequently

https://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?p=71002#p71002
Last edited by Osho on Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raphi
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Raphi »

Can you provide a bit more details like your AC, BC and Damage? I think depending on that, there are several interesting grinding places.
If you got a lot of gold, you could affort big health pots, but otherwise I would still use bonemeal. If you know the places where feygard soldiers might appear, you can then take only a few potions to the other side at a time. So if they catched you, you don't loose everything.
Lvl: 68, XP: 5705044, Gold: 104341, RoLS: 1
Hp: 244, AC: 282, AD: 20-31, BC: 157, DR: 6
Hat o t protector
Knight's hauberk
JoF
LifeTaker
Blade o t protector
Ring o t protector
RolS
Gloves o t guardian
Boots o t Globetrotter
Milo Hiroya

Post by Milo Hiroya »

Raphi wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:26 am Can you provide a bit more details like your AC, BC and Damage? I think depending on that, there are several interesting grinding places.
If you got a lot of gold, you could affort big health pots, but otherwise I would still use bonemeal. If you know the places where feygard soldiers might appear, you can then take only a few potions to the other side at a time. So if they catched you, you don't loose everything.
Screenshot_20231008_145355_Andor's Trail.jpg
Screenshot_20231008_145421_Andor's Trail.jpg
Sure, this is my character. Learned 2 levels in sword and shield. It's permadeath so I'd rather be thick early than risk getting killed in an unfortunate moment.
I always carry 10 bonemeals and 10 major flasks in case of emergency, but without free usage of bonemeal the progression feels much slower than before (before feygard guards were implemented)
Maybe I should start operation bonemeal stashing in every corner of the world :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milo Hiroya

Post by Milo Hiroya »

Osho wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:22 am an old cave located exactly above floaming flask tavern
You mean iqhan cave?
Osho wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:22 am Since new update allows to cook meat
Where do I find the cook?
NewbNewb
android_version: 8.0

Post by NewbNewb »

My favorite grind spot is the Morkins (not sure if you can reach it with permadeath yet), They can't really kill you, have high exp, good loot.
You might also get Serpents on the way.

I haven't tried perma death, but my last game(no saves) I only died once( intentionally, TP from Remgard) and I think I got there pre lvl 30.

Honestly, regarding Bonemeal bans, just stash some near entry ways. I always have a lot near Green maze entry.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Milo Hiroya wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:00 am I always carry 10 bonemeals and 10 major flasks in case of emergency, but without free usage of bonemeal the progression feels much slower than before (before feygard guards were implemented)
Maybe I should start operation bonemeal stashing in every corner of the world :lol:
The Bonemeal Patrol predates permadeath.

Cooking meat can be accomplished in two places. Remgard and Gison's son.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Osho

Post by Osho »

Milo Hiroya wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:04 am You mean iqhan cave?
Iqhan is far away at the north. I am referring to the tiles just above tavern (check the map) a little hole leading to underground cave full of nasty skeletons zombies with criticals strikes. They drop lots of potions plus good loot to sell. Make sure you have good weapon or higher BC before fighting them.

I missed earlier that you're playing on permadeath mode. You should stay around fallhaven or the stoutford areas till you cross L40. All other areas could quickly result in game over -if you continue to grind there for too long.
Milo Hiroya

Post by Milo Hiroya »

Oh I was mistaking crossroad guardhouse with foaming flask tavern...
I found the meat cook and gotta say, I still prefer hard biscuits for over time healing (6 gold for sustenance x2 for 11 turns), simply because its hp to gold ratio is higher.
Milo Hiroya

Post by Milo Hiroya »

Antison wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:21 am The Bonemeal Patrol
By the way, does the event have some sort of cooldown, like you're guaranteed to not encounter another horde of patrols for some minutes?