What to do after "Climbing up is forbidden"?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Canuck
android_version: 13 - Android 13

What to do after "Climbing up is forbidden"?

Post by Canuck »

Level 42 offensive build, just completed "Climbing up is forbidden," not really strong enough for Sullengard or the Cemetery yet (I feel like my character will need to be in the 50s for those, though they did manage to dodge/potion into Sullengard briefly in the high 30s just to look around). Do we have a gap, or am I missing some quests targetting the 40s?

I also think it might make sense to have a Thieves' Guild quest between Crackshot (mid 20s) and Another Crackshot (50s?) — that's a big gap for a thief-aligned character. Perhaps that's already in the works.

As always, thanks for a great game!
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: What to do after "Climbing up is forbidden"?

Post by Antison »

I wouldn't call it a gap. You are a slightly ahead of most as most are walking into the Elm Mine around 42.
Sullengard was specifically designed for those in the mid-50's because we had no content to challenge those players. The project in the works right now and is fairly close for testing, is targeting mid-40's

Have you done Ratdom?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Thank you for the reply. No Ratdom yet. I had assumed it was a higher-level quest, and I'd be prompted at some point, so I haven't looked for any spoilers (though I've obviously seen the original post). I can pursue that more aggressively.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Ah, I see: "Just go home and take a nap - it's not really going to be refreshing..."
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Ratdom was fun, but over too soon (once I realised I didn't really need to map it). I know I probably missed some things down there, so it's nice that
the cave is still accessible after waking from the dream
Now what? Go back down and try to find anything I missed? My character is still level 42, too weak for Sullengard or the cemetery. And on top of that, I'm missing my little friend Clevered. :(
Antison

Post by Antison »

Well like I said earlier, your character is a head of the learning curve, so your options are pretty limited if you can't survive the Haunted Forest or Sullengard. You need a grind for XP or you wait for an upcoming release that is pretty much targeting your level range.

You can also go grinding for an extraordinary or a legendary item drop.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Thanks — that's what I thought. Last time I waited for 5+ years before coming back, but I'll probably stick around for a little while this time before giving up.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Well we will be having a release fairly soon
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Glad to hear about the upcoming new release. My character is at level 49, and I just hit the "Here, the story continues" placeholder after the Sullengard quests. :(

There's an underground area I've only started to explore...
...that starts downstairs from the house in the haunted forest...
... and I've found some interesting areas that look important but don't seem to do anything yet. I can go to https://andorstrail-directory.github.io/ and see what quests I've missed. Otherwise, I guess I'll just take a breather and wait.

Thanks again for a great game!
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

You might look into the dictionary, but that is a big spoiler of course.
You might as well ask here (or on Discord) about the single places. Then certainly someone will answer with least spoiling.
Nut