Any hidden quests?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
BillyBlake
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Any hidden quests?

Post by BillyBlake »

I've been enjoying this fantastic turn-based strategy game and wanted to hear about your favorite in-game strategies, character builds, or memorable moments. Any hidden quests or tips for newer players diving into the game? Let's share our experiences and make the journey through Andor's Trail even more exciting!
Lam al Adie
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Any hidden quests?

Post by Lam al Adie »

What makes this game so exciting is the possibility to play so many different styles and difficulties.
Tips for newer players: have two characters. One to just fool around with. Try things out. Have multiple savegames and endeavour the tree of skills.
Try weapons and armour and see what you would like to play to the fullest.
Build a new character upon that decision and plan ahead, which skill-tree you'd like to climb. (Friendly hint: Dual-wield and quickstrike dagger is veeery much fun, but since the game engine has changed, you will no longer become the "monster" another prominent thread suggests).
Don't let your "serious" character get spoiled by skills like magic finder, merchant, quick learner, treasure hunter or failure mastery.
Strong mind, pure blood and enduring body never seemed attractive to me. If you don't want to catch a negative effect, try not to get hit in the first place (have a good defence/evasion or kill them before they get to land their own attacks)
Draw your own map for "yellow is it"
Create your own challenges, I've found many examples in this forum such as:
- lowest level to reach Remgard (or now Sullengard)
- collect all legendary items
- go vegan (don't know how to play without killing creatures though)
- no potions
- permadeath
- go for taunt (7 skillpoints needed), concussion (12 skillpoints), and/or fracture (14 skillpoints)
- have fun
Lam 'al Adie (pd)
Lvl:68 XP: 5728519 AP: 12/3 HP: 204 AC: 228 AD: 43-55 BC: 164 DR: 7
Skills: WA: 1 Do: 4 CS: 2 IF: 4 Ev: 2 Reg: 1 WP:1S: 1 AP:S: 1 FS:WS: 2 S:WS: 1
ROLS: 1 GoLF: 1