v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

How did you first hear about Andor's Trail?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: How did you first hear about Andor's Trail?

Post by Bornain »

One of my first games on pc was rogue. I still have a copy today on my laptop. Still trying to get that elusive amulet of yendor. (only been about 25 years). I thought the RoLS wad hard. I was actually searching to see if someone had adapted rogue to android and I came across Andor's trail, a roguelike game. I had also downloaded about 20 other games. Not all rpg's. (just got a HTC) I gave it a few try's and was strugling to kill weak ants. I couldn't venture very far without dying. I don't think I even made lvl 2 and put it down for several months. Mind you I was very busy with work at the time working 16 hr days so I didn't have time to play either. Eventually I found it on my phone again and thought I would give it another go. (i think update 6.9 came out) Managed to gain a couple of lvl's and was searching for better weapons. I finally made it to lvl 6 or 7 when I was struggling and yelling at the phone how crappy is this. I can kill ants, but these blasted snakes! I almost put it down again. I jumped onto the forums and started to read all about it. Dam addicted now. I play at any chance I can. I do a lot of driving and when I get to my destination, I have to do a quick lap of the caves before getting out of my car.

On that note I thought I better thank Oskar and all the team who have done a great job of Andors Trail. I know there are a few bugs and things to sort out. But it has been truly enjoyable and frustrating. (dam RoLS) it looks like a lot of time and effort has gone into the making of this game and it has brought me many hours of procrastination. I know I should do a search, but is there a donation thing anywhere? I sure would donate some money as I have no ability to program.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Hexuss

Post by Hexuss »

Was looking for Roguelike games for android..
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i had low expectations for mobile games, so i put alot of work into trying to find something to play on my new phone...
it lead to making a decent sized list of promising titles & comparing the reviews. needless to say, most were garbage.
then this little gem caught my attention.

it was the third or fourth that i actually downloaded, but the only one i kept playing.
i was stunned by what i was seeing. thanks for 'bringing it back', its been ages since i've felt like this about an rpg.
i will recommend this to all my gaming friends & i look forward to more updates!

(first post)
...thanks again for the hard work!
Last edited by nyktos on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Nero

Post by Nero »

I was just simply scrolling through the RPG games I think or if i chose a catagory, don't remember..
Anyway, I was scrolling down something and found Andor Trail, it was the symbol that got me really..
I watched the pictures and read the description, sounded quite fun so I downloaded it and started to play it.
By that time I had a x10 Mini, wich I must say totally sucks for playing games on!
I got to about level 19 I think that I lost interrest mostly because of the phone and lack of upgrades. (sorry)
So I quit for several months, then I was really bored one day and started scrolling though Market again, and
reminded me of Andors Trail, and thought.. what the hell, lets see if there has been any updates. So....
Here I am ;-)
Now on a Samsung Galaxy S2, wich is x100 more fun playing on. Now im stuck to the game, play it at every
oppertunity I get. :-)
GaloH
android_version: 2.2

Post by GaloH »

My brother does the same of Nero and tell me about this game.
So, now here am i and loved this game. im inviting my friends to join too ;D
slash030
android_version: 2.2

Post by slash030 »

Googled free rpg android
Dj ql: 5
Lvl: 190, XP: 124798368, Gold: 3852094,
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, Char: 12, Golf: 1, Shaf: 2, SRoV: 2, VSH: 3,
HP: 519, AC: 397%, AD: 100-107, AP: 3, ECC: 26%, CM: 3, BC: 276%, DR: 10
Smith ql: 24
lvl: 109
:mrgreen: ROCKSTARS FROM MARS
Krawumm
android_version: 2.0

Post by Krawumm »

Hi there...

guess I'm one of the newest Andor's Trail Players...
found this on game in the samsung app store searching for "dungeon"

yeah... I'm a rpg fan...

Phil
AC: 132%
AD: 18-23
CC: 10%
CT: 2
BC: 47%
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

I was bored with all the little waste games, went on the market and searched rpg. I downloaded andor's & gurk, think I played gurk for maybe an hour, been hooked on andor, and saving up for a new lappy so I can start coding :)
mirajp1

Post by mirajp1 »

i really can't remember how i came across andors trail.
I guess i was googling for top RPG games on android while i saw AT in month's top game on october 2010 lol
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Somerat
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Somerat »

When I finally got a smart phone I searched in the top free games section and AT had good reveiws. I think one referenced the original legend of zelda. I haven't gotten or played any other games since!!
Former President of the too cool for RoLS Club!

5825 Rocks (MF-0) and finally a RoLS!!

Lvl: 62, XP: 4457999, Gold: 618336, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 106, AC: 197%, AD: 35-45, AP: 3, CC: 16%, CM: -, BC: 122%, DR: 0