v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Preparing to attempt Blackwater

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Preparing to attempt Blackwater

Post by Pyrizzle »

Dreia wrote:I wouldn't touch that place pre 35, at 33 I'm still missing enough AC to reliably hit the broad side of a barn. This is not because I've been neglecting it either. The BC of the trainers is 90 points, the BC of some mobs on the mountain are over 130, this is a drastic jump that forces you to grind out a ton of levels before you can safely take on these new mobs in my opinion.

~D

I could make it up and down the mountain around level 16 (not recomended) but as soon as i hit around lvl 20 it became alot easier, by 25 its pretty easy. I just hit level 31 today and have no problem getting up and down. I do use potions still but dont care about how many i use since i really have no other use for coins at this time.

The spot at the cabin on the mountain is by far the best spot to gain levels and gld real quick (not having to use potions is a great bonus too). Just my opinion, take it or leave it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Totally agree with last post. Being able to rest half way up the mountain make the spot by the cabin a great place to grind.
Exp and gold are both quite high.

Really pleased with BWM update. Shadow of the Slayer weapon is pretty good.

AP 7
AC 25%
AD 5-9
CC 10%
CM 2
Raises max AP +2
Restores 1HP per kill.

Fatigue reduces attacks to 1 per round without speed or anti fatigue potion so I use Flagstone sword on the mountain.

Great updates great game.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

You can still get 2 attacks per round if you use the Steel Sword (or another with the same AP) and the Jewel of Fallhaven...
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Piggy the Slayer

Just love that flash of blue as 1 HP is restored per kill. Easily pleased.
At level 27 I'm still finding White Wyrms hard especially when they hit you with minor fatigue. Have completed all BWM quests and sided with Prim mainly because BWM seemed to be the agressor. Probably just as bad as each other. Prim do seem to have tons of gold. Hopefully get a chance to rob some of that in later updates.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Piggy the Slayer wrote: " Hopefully get a chance to rob some of that in later updates."

I like the way you think. ;)

Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Dreia wrote:The issue isn't that you *can't* do the mountain at mid 20's, the key word here is safely. You could spend dozens of meat trying to take down a single wyvrn, or multiple bonemeal potions. Even then the possibility is that you could still die (It happened to me at 32 so. . .) You need both HP to survive and AC to hit and Damage to actually do enough per hit to really matter. currently I have 9 levels devoted to HP and the rest to either damage or AC and I still felt the need to retreat and get a bit more AC.

~D
Well I'm glad I went ahead a tried it. Not really having any significant problems. I leveled up in Flagstone to 25, and headed in with 700 bonemeal, 150 regular potions and 90 meat. I've been all around the areas near Prim, up and back down the mountain, back up again and I'm about half way down the second time. I sided with BW. I currently still have 666 bonemeal, 144 regular potions, and 69 meat. So I think I was plenty tough enough to take on BWM at level 25. Personally, from looking at your stats I think you put too much into HP and not enough into AC. That may have been your issue when you were in the mid 20's. Other than that extra HP, My character stats at 26 are just about equal to yours at 33.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Rory Mac wrote:
Dreia wrote:The issue isn't that you *can't* do the mountain at mid 20's, the key word here is safely. You could spend dozens of meat trying to take down a single wyvrn, or multiple bonemeal potions. Even then the possibility is that you could still die (It happened to me at 32 so. . .) You need both HP to survive and AC to hit and Damage to actually do enough per hit to really matter. currently I have 9 levels devoted to HP and the rest to either damage or AC and I still felt the need to retreat and get a bit more AC.

~D
Well I'm glad I went ahead a tried it. Not really having any significant problems. I leveled up in Flagstone to 25, and headed in with 700 bonemeal, 150 regular potions and 90 meat. I've been all around the areas near Prim, up and back down the mountain, back up again and I'm about half way down the second time. I sided with BW. I currently still have 666 bonemeal, 144 regular potions, and 69 meat. So I think I was plenty tough enough to take on BWM at level 25. Personally, from looking at your stats I think you put too much into HP and not enough into AC. That may have been your issue when you were in the mid 20's. Other than that extra HP, My character stats at 26 are just about equal to yours at 33.
In my opinion 60 hp is the highest HP i will go for because it makes it so i wont waste much of the Bonemeal potions when i do have to use one. I have been hunting down all the Wyrm T&As on the mountain in search for the ELyR. I find the extra padding in HP makes it a lil easier to move around without having to heal. Also helps in case you get caught off guard by multipul foes at once.

The spot up on the mountain is the best spot for high level characters to level up quickly. I have gone up from level 27 to 34 without having to come down from the mountain yet.

Piggy the Slayer

I'm still up the mountain. Getting altitude sickness along with endless fatigue. These trainers always seem give me fatigue on the second hit. Not bothering with the anti-fatigue potions as they just seem to hit me right back with it. Guess I got lucky with the RoLS, that cave is easy compared with this. Going through healing potions at quite a rate. Trainers don't appear to be dropping much of anything except empty vials (dunno what was in them - perhaps it has something to do with how much of a kickin they can take). Their 3 attacks to my fatigued 2 really taking its toll.
Well back to it.
Dreia

Post by Dreia »

Rory Mac wrote:

~D
Given that a gargoyle could hit you for up to 60 damage in a single round (improbably but possible) I didn't think that having 65 HP was too low. Considering that I have been hit for 57 damage once and survived... For the mountain it may be a little bit high but for the gargoyles and trainers it wasn't.

~D
~Level 33~
~HP: 65 ~ AP: 2 ~ AC: 143% ~ DMG: 23 ~ BC: 32% ~
Small Rocks: 1000 RoLS: 0
slayer
android_version: 4.0

Post by slayer »

I like having high HP, I can hit my BM potion button as soon as my HP hits 40. The extra safety margin helps avoid annoying deaths. I can easily handle 3+ mobs at once on BWM without worry.
slayer

Lvl: 152, XP: 64525939, Gold: 2095292, HP: 219
AC: 400%, AD: 52-68, AP: 12/4, BC 254%, DR: 3
CS: 2 QL: 22 IF: 2 REGEN: 1 MF :8 FS:DW: 2 S:DW: 1 OHSP: 1 LAP: 1

RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 5, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 2