warp scrolls!!!!

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Rambo
android_version: 2.0

warp scrolls!!!!

Post by Rambo »

I've also heard a lot of others on the forums wishing for a warp system.
I was thinking it would be easy for the priests and potion stores to sell a one time use teleport scroll to quickly travel around.

Anyone have any opinions on this ?
Level: 39, Experience: 1046378, Gold: 81601, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, Hitpoints: 60, Attack Chance: 191%, Attack Damage: 27, Attack Cost: 2, Critical Hit Chance: 0%, Critical Multiplier: ~, Block Chance: -16%, Damage Resistance: 1
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Re: warp scrolls!!!!

Post by Samuel »

IMO this should be implemented with the world map.
I think we should prevent warping from anywhere to anywhere. (you could easily avoid death this way - I like the current way of needing to plan the in and out of a dungeon)

So I think warping (or traveling with a coach) from town to town would be a good idea. Perhaps it should cost an amount of 250 gold for adjacent towns and 250 times the Town distance for the rest. (from BWM to Foaming Flask Tavern it would be around 850 gold)

Traveling to unexplored places should not be possible.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Countvlad54
android_version: 2.2

Post by Countvlad54 »

I agree to this, but it should be a ring that can be recharged... :o
Lvl: 22, XP: 203608, Gold: 3601, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
HP: 55, AC: 142%, AD: 15, AP: 2, CC: -, CM: -, BC: 24%, DR: -

Lvl: 22, XP: 193313, Gold: 7046, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
HP: 75, AC: 122%, AD: 12, AP: 3, CC: -, CM: -, BC: 49%, DR: -
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Using a scroll to travel a long distance quickly is a great idea, but as has been pointed out, it should not be from anywhere to anywhere and should not be to escape death or get out of a location where you are lost. Here are some thoughts:

The scroll to travel to a particular location must be purchased in that location. You can only purchase a scroll to travel to Fallhaven in Fallhaven, so no traveling somewhere you've never been. This requires planning ahead to obtain your scrolls.

The scrolls can only be used from specific locations, for example the taverns. While inside the tavern in Prim, you can use your previously purchased scroll to travel back to the Foaming Flask tavern. If you try to use it anywhere else, (other than another tavern) it just doesn't work. Since the tavern is a safe location, you wouldn't be engaging in a battle there, and it's unlikely that you are lost.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
taws34

Post by taws34 »

Samuel wrote:IMO this should be implemented with the world map.
I think we should prevent warping from anywhere to anywhere. (you could easily avoid death this way - I like the current way of needing to plan the in and out of a dungeon)

So I think warping (or traveling with a coach) from town to town would be a good idea. Perhaps it should cost an amount of 250 gold for adjacent towns and 250 times the Town distance for the rest. (from BWM to Foaming Flask Tavern it would be around 850 gold)

Traveling to unexplored places should not be possible.
Rory Mac wrote:Using a scroll to travel a long distance quickly is a great idea, but as has been pointed out, it should not be from anywhere to anywhere and should not be to escape death or get out of a location where you are lost. Here are some thoughts:

The scroll to travel to a particular location must be purchased in that location. You can only purchase a scroll to travel to Fallhaven in Fallhaven, so no traveling somewhere you've never been. This requires planning ahead to obtain your scrolls.

The scrolls can only be used from specific locations, for example the taverns. While inside the tavern in Prim, you can use your previously purchased scroll to travel back to the Foaming Flask tavern. If you try to use it anywhere else, (other than another tavern) it just doesn't work. Since the tavern is a safe location, you wouldn't be engaging in a battle there, and it's unlikely that you are lost.
Change the name from Warp Scroll, and get rid of the magic portion.. Use a trade/merchant type of character. I will outline the process..

I am in prim, and would like to go to falhaven. I go to the nearest tavern, or trading post area, and arrange to purchase a ticket to my destination (your scroll). The screen fades out and in, and I am at the destination area, well rested.
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

taws34 wrote:
Change the name from Warp Scroll, and get rid of the magic portion.. Use a trade/merchant type of character. I will outline the process..

I am in prim, and would like to go to falhaven. I go to the nearest tavern, or trading post area, and arrange to purchase a ticket to my destination (your scroll). The screen fades out and in, and I am at the destination area, well rested.
There are only two ways I can think of to travel long distances in a short amount of time. One involves magic (the scrolls we're discussing) and the other involves technology. (trains, planes, autos, horse drawn wagon (not so fast), etc.) Unless I misunderstand, it seems that your suggestion involves technology (something that doesn't currently exist in the game), but I think magic fits the theme of Andor's Trail a lot better.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
taws34

Post by taws34 »

Not necessarily technology.. but I would assume that in order to supply other regions there would be wagons..

My suggestion is to not animate the process of the journey at all, but to give a reasonable explanation on how to move the player, without opening up the free flowing magic.

Imagine, in a world where a scroll can move you from one place to another, where the government is banning the use of the best healing potion.. magic would not survive long. Trade movement would. And, it is easier to explain it away, rather than waving a wand and saying magic.. :)