Barbed Dagger & Bleeding Wound Effect

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Gilbane

Barbed Dagger & Bleeding Wound Effect

Post by Gilbane »

So I recently thought i would try out using the Barbed Dagger instead of Shadow of the Slayer for a weapon for farming the ElyR from the Trainers and Apprentices.

Interestingly, I have noticed a significant reduction in the damage I take when using the Dagger. While i'm aware of the 5% block chance added from the dagger; the difference in damage I take is more significant than I would imagine the %5 could account for.

This got me wondering exactly what the "Bleeding Wound" effect from the dagger did (50% chance to land it on a monster). I havent been able to find any specific information on this; and there are no desciptions of such effects in game that I have found.

While the name "Bleeding Wound" suggests a damage over time effect (like a poison etc), I am beginning to wonder if it is a cripple effect on a monster's attack chance or damage. The reduction in the damage I take while using it is my reasoning for this idea.

I have checked off and on after a few hits on a monster in their stats/info pop up window, and have never seen any "Bleeding Wound" added to this screen with the monster's info / stats.

Does anyone else have any info / ideas on this?

If you have the Barbed Dagger, I kindly ask that you try it out for a bit against the monsters in the area of the Trainers and Apprentices and post / reply if you notice anything interesting.

Thanks in advance,

-Gilbane Razorback-
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Re: Barbed Dagger & Bleeding Wound Effect

Post by Samuel »

The bleeding wound effect has no defensive advantages.
It does the following: With a chance of 50% per hit you can give a stackable bleeding wound effect to the monster.
For each bleeding wound effect it will loose 1 HP in each of the next 5 rounds.

Round 1: 1 hit with effect / 1 hit without effect / 1 miss = 1 effect (-1 HP)
Round 2: 3 hits with effect / 0 hits without effect / 0 miss = 4 effect (-4 HP)
Round 3: 0 hits with effect / 1 hit without effect / 2 miss = 4 effect (-4 HP)
Round 4: 2 hits with effect / 1 hit without effect / 0 miss = 6 effect (-6 HP)
Round 5: 1 hit with effect / 0 hits without effect / 2 miss = 7 effect (-7 HP)
Round 6: 3 hits with effect / 0 hits without effect / 0 miss / 1 effect timeout = 1 effect (-9 HP)
Round 7: 1 hit with effect / 0 hits without effect / 2 miss / 3 effect timeouts = 1 effect (-7 HP)

At least this is how its described in the source. Cant test it right now.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
kendraso

Post by kendraso »

Where do you get the barbed dagger?
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

kendraso wrote:Where do you get the barbed dagger?
You only get it if you side with Blackwater Mountain settlement, and I think it was a drop after killing the Prim leader but it might have been given by the BWM leader (not sure though, so if you side with BWM, kill the Prim leader to be sure). If you sided with Prim, the dagger has a 15% AC, 5% BC but no extra AD, so its not a huge deal if you don't have it. I still use Flagstone's pride because the critical damage can really help out against those fatigue causing monsters.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18