ring of lesser shadow...

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Rambo
android_version: 2.0

Re: ring of lesser shadow...

Post by Rambo »

Yeah, I totally agree. The quickstrike dagger, in reality, isn't even a weapon. Its basically the same as bare fists with the exception of the BC to AC conversion. The fact that its even worth using suggests that the weapons may need tweaking. Bare fists should not rival any weapon, bare fists should be a handicap, IMO. Any time a weapon does more damage , the ap cost is so high that it nuetralizes itself, puttng that high damage weapon on the same plane as a dagger(in this case , below it), which I think may be the problem. If all weapons had the same ap cost, +/- 1, it'd be much easier to gauge their effectiveness. Then again ,I suppose there could be some weapons with high ap cost, but their damage needs to significantly increase. Maybe make some expensive weapons that are like 3 or 4 ap and have 30+ damage The more points you put into AD, the worse and worse weapons become.
Level: 39, Experience: 1046378, Gold: 81601, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, Hitpoints: 60, Attack Chance: 191%, Attack Damage: 27, Attack Cost: 2, Critical Hit Chance: 0%, Critical Multiplier: ~, Block Chance: -16%, Damage Resistance: 1
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I think the quick strike dagger, and even bare handed fighting, actually become more effective at higher levels, assuming you've been increasing your AD and AC for the most part, and have a couple of 6+ damage rings (the RoLS has +3 damage but if you have those you should use a critical hit weapon to get the most use out of the ring).

Or more accurately, you need more strikes for higher level monsters because they have a higher block chance. The lower level monsters have a lower block chance, so something with more AP but that gives a better AC and AD boost is better against them because they're less likely to block even if you only get 1-2 strikes. I'm betting a lot of those higher AP weapons work great on the standard snakes, small dogs, ants, etc.

So basically, its like you start off needing weapons to help you fight better, but as you progress you learn to fight and get stronger so a smaller, lighter weapon suits you better.

Also, with the new skills, I think those of us with higher levels can use that one to raise our max AP for more strikes.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Mino wrote:I think the quick strike dagger, and even bare handed fighting, actually become more effective at higher levels, assuming you've been increasing your AD and AC for the most part, and have a couple of 6+ damage rings (the RoLS has +3 damage but if you have those you should use a critical hit weapon to get the most use out of the ring).

Or more accurately, you need more strikes for higher level monsters because they have a higher block chance. The lower level monsters have a lower block chance, so something with more AP but that gives a better AC and AD boost is better against them because they're less likely to block even if you only get 1-2 strikes. I'm betting a lot of those higher AP weapons work great on the standard snakes, small dogs, ants, etc.

So basically, its like you start off needing weapons to help you fight better, but as you progress you learn to fight and get stronger so a smaller, lighter weapon suits you better.

Also, with the new skills, I think those of us with higher levels can use that one to raise our max AP for more strikes.
I realize that's the was it IS. My question is, is that the way the developer intended, and if not, then I think this is an area that needs to be tweaked. Maybe there needs to be a -2AP or even a -3AP necklace to replace the jewel of Fallhaven that only works on certain higher AP weapons. That way the weapons would outperform the fists and daggers, which to my mind is much more realistic. This necklace would be obtained from a very difficult quest, or it would cost a great deal of gold in order to insure that it is only available to high level players.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
qasur

Post by qasur »

Just wait until they release Ring of Greater Shadow :)
issac888

Post by issac888 »

what ring of great shadow? getting the items already is so hard
Level: 75, XP:7715779 , Gold: 538730
HP: 80, AC: 159%, AD: 36-40 AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 130%, DR: 0
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0 rocks 3550,weak poison 272
Countvlad54
android_version: 2.2

Post by Countvlad54 »

issac888 wrote:what ring of great shadow? getting the items already is so hard
It could be an upgrade...
Rory Mac wrote:
Mino wrote:I think the quick strike dagger, and even bare handed fighting, actually become more effective at higher levels, assuming you've been increasing your AD and AC for the most part, and have a couple of 6+ damage rings (the RoLS has +3 damage but if you have those you should use a critical hit weapon to get the most use out of the ring).

I realize that's the was it IS. My question is, is that the way the developer intended, and if not, then I think this is an area that needs to be tweaked. Maybe there needs to be a -2AP or even a -3AP necklace to replace the jewel of Fallhaven that only works on certain higher AP weapons. That way the weapons would outperform the fists and daggers, which to my mind is much more realistic. This necklace would be obtained from a very difficult quest, or it would cost a great deal of gold in order to insure that it is only available to high level players.
And our first dragon...
Lvl: 22, XP: 203608, Gold: 3601, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
HP: 55, AC: 142%, AD: 15, AP: 2, CC: -, CM: -, BC: 24%, DR: -

Lvl: 22, XP: 193313, Gold: 7046, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
HP: 75, AC: 122%, AD: 12, AP: 3, CC: -, CM: -, BC: 49%, DR: -
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

[quote
="qasur"]Just wait until they release Ring of Greater Shadow :)[/quote]

+1
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1