trapped in backwater help

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
tuf

trapped in backwater help

Post by tuf »

i am currently trapped in backwater. I used up all my bonemeal, potions and meat getting to BW i told him i would go twll prim to stop and i still cant buy anything in bw. i was able to die and get back to the cottage but i still dont have enough healling gwar to get off the mountain pass. As of now my strategy is killing auerthors, the mummy looki.g guys, and healing in the cabin.also trying to kill the wyrms but i miss to often. I am tryi.g to lvl up but this will take a long timw to do. any thoughts on how to get down would be very helpful
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: trapped in backwater help

Post by Mino »

Sorry to tell you this, but unless you have a save file from before you got stuck, leveling up by the cabin and resting to heal is your best, and probably, only option.

The good news is that since those mummy guys give out around 150 xp, and if you're not very high level to begin with, leveling up shouldn't take very long. I would go with increasing AC & AD but if you can list your stats it would help in deciding what to increase more. They also sometimes drop healing potions (regular or small) so you might be able to build up a few of those too while leveling up.

Good luck! I'm actually also leveling up at the cabin, but in my case its by choice, its the best place to gain xp and not use potions because you can rest to heal up.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Rambo
android_version: 2.0

Post by Rambo »

If you go downstairs in the cabin, there will be a ghost in there.

They drop minor heal potions. Id try killing it, then use the bed to respawn it and keep doing it until I got a good amount of potions. Then try working back down the mountain, saving after every fight, and reloading the save if you take too much damage in 1 fight.
Level: 39, Experience: 1046378, Gold: 81601, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, Hitpoints: 60, Attack Chance: 191%, Attack Damage: 27, Attack Cost: 2, Critical Hit Chance: 0%, Critical Multiplier: ~, Block Chance: -16%, Damage Resistance: 1
tuf

Post by tuf »

oh man im only lvl 18 i thought i was in the mid 20's only burned up 19 bonemeals on the way up. ill try to get more statz up here later. up to 6heal postions and some minors now. almost lvl19
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Hang in there tuf. You'll make it. Mino and Rambo gave you good advice. You can hang around that cabin as long as you need to, at least one, maybe two level ups if you want. Without seeing your other stats, basic advice is to use your level bonuses on AC. You need it as high as possible on BWM. The good news is the monsters below the cabin aren't as tough as the ones above it, and with a little luck, you can avoid a lot of them as you run back down.

I made my first run up BWM at level 25 and took 700 bonemeals with me after reading the advice of others here. But I didn't need that many. I've been up and down the mountain at least 6-7 times, leveled up to almost 30, and still have about 600 left. I do have the RoLS, which helps a lot. Especially since I use the play and pause method a lot, when I can find a safe place to wait a bit while my HP builds back up. But regardless, I wouldn't even think about going back to BWM without at least 300-400 bonemeals in my low to mid 20s. More good news, you should accumulate plenty of gold while leveling up around the cabin.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

The best advice i can give you is to stick near the cabin and try to gather as many healing potions as you can before trying to adventure back down again.

Remember to save befor you attempt to hed down the mountian in case you dont make it so you dont have to start over again gathering items to make another attempt.

Good luck! I hope you make it back down safely.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
issac888

Post by issac888 »

hi all for the lower lvl, i find it better to be around prim, once you give 5 milk bottles, the guy let you rest in prin inn, thus can restore your HP, you then can use it as a based to attack karul imps and also load up on meat pieces

the hut at the blackwater is another one

also thoese attempting ROLs you can use the inn to rest, and restore HP and get all the monsters back quickly, you just go to the inn and pay 250 gold coins and you can keep using it to restore the monsters and HP
Level: 75, XP:7715779 , Gold: 538730
HP: 80, AC: 159%, AD: 36-40 AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 130%, DR: 0
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0 rocks 3550,weak poison 272
mortis07
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by mortis07 »

haha.. i came in to post cos i needed help for the exact same problem.. ran out of potions and got killed.
think i got a long way to go tho, i am now only lvl 19.
my stats:
Equipped with leather cap, ordinary chain mail, irogotu's necklace, flagstone's pride, ring of surehit and mikhail's ring, fine gloves of swift atk and vacor's boots of atk.
which gives me
AC: 147%
AD: 8-13
BC: 25%

any advice? and thanks for all those guys who replied, at least i know its not hopeless...
tuf

Post by tuf »

hey hey i made it out and back to the main map. only lvled up to 19 and made a go for it. use a second savw apot to make my own luck coming down. pretty stoked goi.g to go try and get rols and lvl up some more before i go baxk. thanks for the help everyone
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

mortis07 wrote:haha.. i came in to post cos i needed help for the exact same problem.. ran out of potions and got killed.
think i got a long way to go tho, i am now only lvl 19.
my stats:
Equipped with leather cap, ordinary chain mail, irogotu's necklace, flagstone's pride, ring of surehit and mikhail's ring, fine gloves of swift atk and vacor's boots of atk.
which gives me
AC: 147%
AD: 8-13
BC: 25%

any advice? and thanks for all those guys who replied, at least i know its not hopeless...
Well, it depends on where you are. If you're near the cabin halfway up the mountain, then the advice is the same as for tuf - fight the monsters close by, accumulate potions, and save often. Your biggest problem is AD. I wouldn't come back to BWM without at least one +6 damage ring. I'm surprised you bought chainmail before that and the jewel of Fallhaven.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|